Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 20:36   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes! I read it in a manual, I wasn't told it.

Also yes, I am one of those people who reads the manual --- even for the fridge!
Old 8th April 2009, 11:16   #287
BHPian

I finally settled for Godrej Eon 342 litres. I had to give in to my wife and let go of the Panasonic. Godrej offered more capacity at the same price. I paid 20K all inclusive cost.

As for Thad's comments, the dealer in fact told us that the fridge should not be switched on for about an hour. Then it should be switched on and nothing kept in it for another hour. We did this as per his recommendation.

The buy seems ok more so that I ma move once on 3 to 5 years and I would not want my Toshiba or Hitachi refrigerators to take the punishment and mauling movers and packers tend to give it.

I wish I had made this purchase in Jan or Feb. It could have saved me another 3 or 4 thousand, I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Are you talking of the model NR-B301M for Panasonic fridge (299 litres)? .....or us.
I am not sure of the model number but it was a 299 litre variant and had the freezer at the bottom.

What I also did not prefer was that the freezer nearly 30% of the entire capacity. So what was left for regular usage was only 230 litre odd capacity. But this is the same for all refrigerators in this category, I guess.

I would have taken the Panasonic but then it wasn't entirely my decision. I really liked it and the look is also fabulous

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th April 2009 at 14:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:27   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
As for Thad's comments, the dealer in fact told us that the fridge should not be switched on for about an hour. Then it should be switched on and nothing kept in it for another hour. We did this as per his recommendation.
That's good that they did that

Always worth reading manuals --- even for a fridge

And, Hmmm... I'm also thinking of buying a new one now!
Old 8th April 2009, 14:58   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I am not sure of the model number but it was a 299 litre variant and had the freezer at the bottom.

What I also did not prefer was that the freezer nearly 30% of the entire capacity. So what was left for regular usage was only 230 litre odd capacity. But this is the same for all refrigerators in this category, I guess.

I would have taken the Panasonic but then it wasn't entirely my decision. I really liked it and the look is also fabulous
Not sure if we are really talking about the same model. You mentioned it was the same price as Godrej (for 20k) but we paid 26k. And ours is quite spacious. We looked at others, bigger ones, and still it would often even look more spacious than these.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:10   #290
BHPian

Energy Star(?) Ratings for Panasonic Refrigerators?

Folks, does anyone know the energy saving ratings for Panasonic refrigerators? Samsung and LG advertise 4 star or 5 star energy savings ratings. Any ideas about Panasonic?
Old 5th May 2009, 16:11   #291
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Folks, does anyone know the energy saving ratings for Panasonic refrigerators? Samsung and LG advertise 4 star or 5 star energy savings ratings. Any ideas about Panasonic?
Look for the sticker pasted.
Old 10th May 2009, 14:15   #292
BHPian

Howz the A.S.S of the brands ? samsung, lg, whirpool ?
Friend of mine is planning to buy an AC & fridge
Old 12th May 2009, 10:13   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Howz the A.S.S of the brands ? samsung, lg, whirpool ?
Friend of mine is planning to buy an AC & fridge
A.S.S is almost same.
Old 17th May 2009, 16:07   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Samsung, anyone ?

Anyone using Samsung washing machines & refrigerators ?

Looking at one of these two washing machines : both front loading units.
wf-f861ew (5 kg)
wf-r1061ew (5.5 kg)

Also, which model of Samsung refrigerators ? Looking at about 230L, if possible freezer at bottom.

Appreciate any feedback. TIA !
Old 17th May 2009, 20:10   #295
Team-BHP Support

Bought a Samsung 345L fridge yday, switched ON at 930 pm and now its close to 24 hours but no cooling what so ever

Reported at customer care and fixed an appointment for tomorrow, called up the dealer and said once the service guys confirms that we know how to set temperature and its a manufacturing defect, we are getting a new unit!
Old 18th May 2009, 11:01   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Also, which model of Samsung refrigerators ? Looking at about 230L, if possible freezer at bottom.
I don't know any 230L Samsung with bottom freezer.
Old 18th May 2009, 11:18   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Reported at customer care and fixed an appointment for tomorrow, called up the dealer and said once the service guys confirms that we know how to set temperature and its a manufacturing defect, we are getting a new unit!
Thats good news you are receiving anew piece. Let us know the dealer from whom you have picked up the piece.
Old 18th May 2009, 11:36   #298
Team-BHP Support

I dont know if they are replacing yet!

When i called up the help line, buggers were convinced that the user doesnt know how to set temperature, jeeez! So i explained step by step what we did, then they transferred me to tech desk, here also explanation was given. Finally a complaint number given and said that the service rep will visit my house.

Meanwhile i called up the dealer and informed him the issue, so he also said they will send the rep. Since i had already asked for rep, i told him that i will ask rep to call the dealer once he comes. But insisted that i need a replacement if anything major.

My hunch gas has leaked out, making the fridge useless.

Just received the call from rep asking for land mark and i have given him.
Old 18th May 2009, 16:38   #299
Team-BHP Support

Ok the issue is resolved i guess (rather silly reason also), loose relay connector was the culprit, according to service guy this happens occasionally thanks to transportation vibrations. So comp wont kick in and cooling is only from fan and since it was cool last 2 days we thought it was low cooling.

Under observation now, but seems like its sorted for good.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:37   #300
Team-BHP Support

The phridgeeeee is cooooooolin crazy! Had to reduce the setting to min. Dropped in again to put a good word about Samsung customer care.

After i called up and registered they sms'ed the complaint number for my reference. The technician turned up within the promised time, and was very polite and friendly. He knew what he was getting into and fixed the issue in under 2 minutes.

Today i received a follow up sms with thank you note "for the opportunity to serve", issue resolution confirmation and a number, if i need any further assistance.

Am impressed, go for this brand dudes! This is what i call customer care!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks