Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 15:08   #316
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Any brand of washing machine which can dry the clothes fully? Fully as in immediate wearable condition after the wash without hanging them outside? OR do we get separate spindryers which can dry the clothes completely? I have never seen any here & hence this question.

You need a tumble dryer for this.

I have one from Haeir - been 4+ years. It's working fine.

I also saw one from IFB, but I preferred the Haeir one mainly because of
a couple of reasons
- someone told me that the IFB one sometimes get balance problems.
- the IFB one had the lint filter in inside backwall - the Haeir one had it
in the standard position like every other dryer I had used.

It's been a long time, but I think I paid somewhere around 15K for it.

Before buying a dryer, note the following things
- You need to remove lint before every cycle (not a big task - takes a second - but don't forget to do this)
- Your dryer needs good venting. If you keeping in an open space, that's great. But otherwise, make sure all windows etc are open & the place is airy. Otherwise, vent it through a passage to the outside.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:33   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Finally got myself to register an online complaint against the issue today. Lets see how fast and efficient IFBs online complaints addressal mechanism is. Time starts now.
I'm impressed! Got a call right now about the complaint i had raised, and based on my convenience, have booked an appointment for Saturday morning.
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:51   #318
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
i am on a verge of purchasing a washing machine ASAP. i visited chroma and the sales person was insisting on whirpool or LG. the models were the newly launched whirlpool whitemagic 123 and 650HBLK. other was lg wft809qs.

he said that whirpool service is much better and the agitator is the patent which helps to wash better than any other machine.
please suggest me the best machine available within a budget of 20k. capacity about 6-7 kg.
Old 23rd May 2009, 00:34   #319
Senior - BHPian

I want to get those super duper blenders as shown on TV. There is one Magic Bullet and there was one which was earlier advertised before the bullet came through. I have found the bullet and it is available for 1900/- for the whole thing. I want to know if anyone knows the earlier model. I dont remember what its called but i remember the guy put in small pieces of concrete and the damn thing turned it to dust, just like that.

Now i know what you guys are thinking but ive seen this at work actually at a friend's place and i want this thing as they boast of a 750Watt motor, which no other blender/Mixer possesses. This thing makes smoothies like nothing else.

Pm me if anyone has any knowledge please.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:06   #320
BHPian

Thanks for your help guys. Finally bought a Samsung fully automatic top loading from Pai electronics today. Got a good deal. Bought this model -> 6.2Kg top loading washing machine WA82V4GEC - Fully Automatic(Top Loading) - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:36   #321
Senior - BHPian

Has someone got any experience with Haier Refrigerators? Saw a good deal for their freezer at bottom range in today's newspaper.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:58   #322
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Has someone got any experience with Haier Refrigerators? Saw a good deal for their freezer at bottom range in today's newspaper.
I have a Haeir Fridge for 4 years. 300+ litres.
No problem. Not even once. Not even when I left the fridge door
open when I went on a vacation for a week.
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:09   #323
BHPian

I am going to buy a convection microwave oven next week. I want a small sized one (adequate for 2-4 people). Budget is less than 10k. Suggestions please.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:20   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I am going to buy a convection microwave oven next week.

If space is not that much of a constraint, rethink about convention+microwave. I have heard(and heard no first hand exp) that conventional baking in microwave is not as good as proper conventional oven.

IFB/Samsung are quite good.

Regards,
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:31   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I am going to buy a convection microwave oven next week. I want a small sized one (adequate for 2-4 people). Budget is less than 10k. Suggestions please.
Happy Samsung microwave owner for the past 3-4 years
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:17   #326
BANNED

@amit_mechengg - check the front loader ones. They are far cheaper to run - power and water. Also, you will appreciate the hot water wash feature especially if infants are around.

@lastactionhero - prices please?

Actually, I am looking to replace my existing IFB, (30% because fo the problems, and 40% because it is small - it is only 4.5kG) and frankly, IFB is coming up toppers, due to their good service. But I am told that the current breed of IFB comes with plastic tubs. (heh - the remaining 30% is going to delay my decision).
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:29   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Any brand of washing machine which can dry the clothes fully? Fully as in immediate wearable condition after the wash without hanging them outside? OR do we get separate spindryers which can dry the clothes completely? I have never seen any here & hence this question.
Hey.

Most washing machines can do 50 to 70% dry. 100% dry can only be done in a dryer. However Jenny and I bought a washing machine-cum-dryer from LG. An extraordinarily silent machine.

Washed 8 kilos, can dry only 4. Clothes come out dry and soft and don't even need ironing.

We paid about 38K-40K I think.

Hope that helps
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:48   #328
BANNED

@sam - this LG thing is top or front loader?
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:53   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

@lastactionhero - prices please?
Got it for 10.5K including delivery,installation etc. This was the cheapest I could find. Also had to buy and inlet extension pipe for Rs 400.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:19   #330
BANNED

I'm wondering why T-BHPians still recommend microwave ovens although it's a proven fact that they cause cancer.

Most Viewed