Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 14:54   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Having one doubt...

Why there is no inside light for Freezer compartment in 2 door fridges ?
I have a Toshiba double-door. And, both compartments have separate lights.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:44   #437
BHPian

I am in the market for Chimneys. Need to go and check in the shops. Any idea what brands are popular and the service backup for them.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:47   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
I am in the market for Chimneys. Need to go and check in the shops. Any idea what brands are popular and the service backup for them.
I found Kaff to be the best of the lot in terms of quality and their support also seems to be good as someone was always ready to install the Chimney as soon as I got it.

Kitchen Appliances - Welcome to the world of Kaff Appliances

You also have options with Glen and Faber but I was not too impressed with either.

A new company is Cata. Their products seem good but found only one place in bangalore who deals in them so didn't take the chance.

For high end ones you can consider Siemens.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th August 2009 at 18:49.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:53   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
I have a Faber chimney . Service backup is good.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:47   #440
BHPian

My grandparents are looking for a new refrigerator - The main problem is that the kitchen doors are around 25" wide and anything bigger cannot be taken into the kitchen.

Does anyone know of models with capacity upwards of 300L which could squeeze in thru the 25" wide doors? Freezer compartment on the bottom would be an added advantage but is not a must.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:43   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I've been using an IFB Senorita 5kg (front loading), and though i am satisfied with the rest of the product, the constant dancing around the house during the spin dry operation has left me a little irritated.
Were you able to solve the 'dancing' problem?
I have the same IFB washing machine (almost 3 yrs old now) and have the same problem for almost 2.5 yrs. My relatives bought the latest model and they are complaining about the same problem from the first week.

My parents use the old IFB model (around 10yrs old) which is still going rock solid without any issues and vibrations.

I have complained numerous times to IFB about this. Once they tried changing the suspension arm (this holds the drum), which did not solve the problem.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:15   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

How best to get service for my European Bosch washing machine?

Would IFB be able to do it, or is it better to go to a local man? It is confused about its wash cycle, timing down to zero, but not moving on from main wash.

I can tell from spares sites that the logic assembly for this machine is a whopping Rs24,000 (converted, and yes, it was a very expensive machine). If that is dead, it is not worth replacing, but maybe a "local" guy might be able to do some component-level diagnosis/repair?
Old 27th August 2009, 11:04   #443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Were you able to solve the 'dancing' problem?
I have the same IFB washing machine (almost 3 yrs old now) and have the same problem for almost 2.5 yrs. My relatives bought the latest model and they are complaining about the same problem from the first week.

My parents use the old IFB model (around 10yrs old) which is still going rock solid without any issues and vibrations.

I have complained numerous times to IFB about this. Once they tried changing the suspension arm (this holds the drum), which did not solve the problem.
Rajakumar, the dancing exhibited by my washing machine has been considerably reduced since the IFB people gave the machine a new set of footwear. These rubber shoes give it better grip, and also absorb a bit of the rocking motion thereby greatly reducing it. It cost me Rs.50/- for a set of four.

Do try it out. However, please note that this is not helpful in completely eliminating the dancing effect.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:44   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
the IFB people gave the machine a new set of footwear.
I will give it a try. My washing machine stand already has rubber shoes for the grip. Moreover the service person advised me to put a cycle tube under the stand shoes to increase the grip. Still the problem persists.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:09   #445
Team-BHP Support

After 15 years, my BPL machine motor burnt out. Repair, oh oh, BPL shut down the service.

Groan - new machine to be bought. Luckily, I called a person who repaired my mother's OFB a few years ago. He came over the weekend, removed motor, found a another coil from his sources and refitted within 3 hours. All for Rs 2000
Old 27th August 2009, 14:09   #446
BHPian

I have a dilemma regarding buying a refrigerator. I have shortlisted a Samsung 230 Lts Direct cool & a Kelvinator of the same size. The Samsung has a covered back and has a more aesthetic look, but the Kelvinator has the compressor and the evaporator (i guess!) visible (not covered) in the back. I am worried about heat dissipation in the Samsung since the compressor is covered.

Can anyone with a Samsung refrigerator, clarify my apprehension?
Old 27th August 2009, 16:06   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

I have a clean back Samsung refrigerator bought 3 months ago. Too early to comment on reliability.
But heat disipation happens from the back and the side walls. So except for door all 3 sides of the fridge feel hot.

Also, freezer was able to maintain water in ice form for the whole 9 hrs long power cut. (This was with the freezer door opened only 3 times during those 9 hrs to test the status of ice). So I am guessing, the insulation is pretty good to not to leak any heat from the side walls inside.

Regards,
Old 27th August 2009, 19:59   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

My samsung is running well three years on
Old 27th August 2009, 20:07   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
How best to get service for my European Bosch washing machine? .... I can tell from spares sites that the logic assembly for this machine is a whopping Rs24,000 (converted, and yes, it was a very expensive machine). If that is dead, it is not worth replacing, but maybe a "local" guy might be able to do some component-level diagnosis/repair?
Try and see if there's an authorised Bosch service point in your city.
Had an experience with my National microwave, Japanese, bought in 1994. The touchpad started working intermittently. My BIL had the same problem three years ago, bought a new part from Kuwait for around Rs 5000/- which only worked for another year. So i googled, and found a place in Goa, authorised by Panasonic. To my pleasant surprise, he fitted a new part, and all for less than 1500/-. He tells me it'll work for another 15 years!
Often spares are cheaper in India than abroad.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:13   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Try and see if there's an authorised Bosch service point in your city.
I know there is for Bosch tools; it hadn't occured to me to see if they can help with the washing machine!

Most Viewed