Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 12:16   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any reviews on a sub 20k, 240-280L two door refrigerator please.

My parents 14 year old BPL has stopped cooling since morning.
If it does not get back online by evening, I need to buy a new fridge.

Found the Samsung RT26Z to be a good choice.
Compare India gives its price at 15k.

Any other suggestions most welcome.
Thanks,
I am having a Samsung RT 35 340 lts, it is a 5 star rated product. Cooling is excellent. So far performance is satisfactory.

Just check what is the energy rating for RT26 before finalizing the deal.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:22   #497
BHPian

bblost :
I have a 320L Whirlpool double-door which is pretty good in terms of space & cooling (not sure about the model #) and price was 17k about a year ago. Worth a look at.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:18   #498
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Samsung 340 Litre
- super fridge. very spacious. excellent cooling. energy saving. reliable. first class service. - all this at a price which doesnt break the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any reviews on a sub 20k, 240-280L two door refrigerator please.

My parents 14 year old BPL has stopped cooling since morning.
If it does not get back online by evening, I need to buy a new fridge.

Found the Samsung RT26Z to be a good choice.
Compare India gives its price at 15k.

Any other suggestions most welcome.
Thanks,
Old 24th September 2009, 13:19   #499
Senior - BHPian

Does Whirlpool sell 320 ltrs ? I cant find any. May be you meant 310 ltrs. Double door has 310 ltrs in Professional series, classic, delux etc. They are ranging between 18500 to 20500 (festival discount price). Even I want to upgrade my 250 ltrs to 310 ltrs within 2 months. Considering LG, Whirlpool and Samsung.

My experience with the Whirlpool top loading full auto washing machine was a disaster. Hardly used 3.5 years, top door hinge is broken, powerbutton is gone, therefore I had to do some work myself by connecting the power direct to the unit by opening the whole external panel. But that lasted only 3 months, last week it started giving extra ordinary vibrations and noise (as if some stealther bomber is landing !). I had no choice but to buy a new one, but defenitely not a whirlpool again. I got a Samsung (my all-time favourite) top-loading 6.2 kg home. Model number is WA82V4G. Festival offer helped the price to be 10500. Gave the old one back to the same dealer, he gave Rs.900 for that. Hope the new one serves atleast 10 years without issues !

Last edited by shajufx : 24th September 2009 at 13:20.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:14   #500
BHPian

shajufx, it is indeed a 310L Elite series fridge, FF32B Iceberg
Old 24th September 2009, 18:58   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Guys I have an Electrolux Microwave Oven. Last night it started making a loud Krrrr sound which scared us for a while.

I had to switch it off from mains to make the sound go away.

I dont have the manual. Any idea what could be wrong?

I am trying to find a MW Oven mech around my area.
Sorry for the late Update.

I has sent an sms to a number mentioned on Electrolux website. I got a prompt sms saying someone will get in touch soon.
I got a call in few hours, the guy asked me the issue & my address & said that someone will come to my home in next 24-48 hours.

Surprise surprise someone did come the very next day.

A service engineer Did call & visit yesterday(16th).

He did a thorough check up & found no faults(phew), since we dont have the service manual he explained the controls to my wife which she didnt knew & also said that he will get us a copy(xerox as original is not available) of manual whenever he visit our part of town next

Downside - he Charged 250 bucks

So the service aint that bad afterall
Old 24th September 2009, 21:14   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Rat in the Bosch Washing Machine Saga

Local guy came round two days ago, when I was asleep and asked my wife if she was sure she had actually turned it on! Hmmm... ten years of putting my washing in and taking out still dry and dirty? I don't think so. Anyway, after assuring us that he can get parts for anything, he says he can't for this.

Siemens guy is coming tomorrow. They charge Rs1,500 call-out for foreign machines (to make us foreigners feel at home, I suppose!). My wonderful wife bargained them down to Rs1,000. Which is still a lot.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:10   #503
BHPian

@ Thad, cant you buy it off ebay or some spareparts dealer in UK and get them to send it to you? Its usually easy to replace the board, you seem to be pretty comfortable with getting so far.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:27   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Easy to get the board from a UK spares dealer yes, I've already checked that out and...

it costs over Rs24,000

So, if it is the board, and if it is irreparable, I'll be spending that much on a new Samsung, LG, or even IFB, but not putting a new board in ten-year-old machine
Old 25th September 2009, 09:51   #505
BANNED

The life of white good can be taken to be 10 years. So if after 8 or more years it fails, it is normally cheaper to just replace it.
Old 26th September 2009, 00:56   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

You are right, in fact 10 years would be a good long life for many washing machines.

As expected, the Siemens engineer said that the problem will be with the board only, and that it shows signs of burning an cracking in the damaged area. He also pointed out, that if the board is replaced, then, given the age of the machine, something else may fail next year...

However... I have found a cheaper source on e-bay, and I am considering it...
Old 26th September 2009, 09:24   #507
BHPian

Yes but they dont build em like they use to. I would put my money repairing a vintage than getting a new one coz the old ones last and last. But you best person to decide since you own it and now what makes more sense
Old 26th September 2009, 10:40   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You are right, in fact 10 years would be a good long life for many washing machines.

As expected, the Siemens engineer said that the problem will be with the board only, and that it shows signs of burning an cracking in the damaged area. He also pointed out, that if the board is replaced, then, given the age of the machine, something else may fail next year...

However... I have found a cheaper source on e-bay, and I am considering it...

Check with your local repair guy - they may be able to repair it at a much cheaper cost if nothing sophisticated is busted (like microcontroller etc.) and cracked PCB can also re repaired if the damage is not extensive.
Old 27th September 2009, 01:03   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

That's what I was thinking. The first guy, washing machines, fridges, ACs, who fixed out AC problems a while back, said he can't... but I was asleep at the time, and he didn't even look at the board.

I'm still thinking about the board on ebay. The guy answered my enquiry about airmail shipping to India almost instantly. This one I could have here for around 13,000 --- as long as Indian customs keep their sticky fingers off it!
Old 28th September 2009, 13:13   #510
BHPian

hi everybody.need some help.my fridge conked out.need a new one.budget 60000/.want to go in for side by side 2 door?what are my options?which will be the best?family of 6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks