Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 22:48   #526
BHPian

airwolf, till now I have had 2 LG microwaves in my family and both are still working perfectly (5+ and 2 years respectively)
Old 16th October 2009, 00:08   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

If anybody remembers my Bosch washing machine with its brain transplant...

It did a full wash cycle, properly, which is a great deal better than filling with water and then doing nothing . I'll gain some confidence after a few washes, but here's hoping for another ten years!

The UK spares company despatched the board within 24 hours of ordering on eBay, there was no interference from Customs, and it arrived here within ten days.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 16th October 2009 at 00:10.
Old 16th October 2009, 09:24   #528
Team-BHP Support

How do I stop the washing machine from going and crashing into the fridge 4 feet away? After every spin cycle the machine disappears from it's usual spot and goes and bumps into the fridge.
Old 16th October 2009, 09:35   #529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How do I stop the washing machine from going and crashing into the fridge 4 feet away? After every spin cycle the machine disappears from it's usual spot and goes and bumps into the fridge.
Vid, welcome to the club of Dancing Washing Machines.
Which brand is this?

I had posted a similar issue with my machine earlier on this thread, and going by the responses, this seems to be a common problem with most IFB machines. I tried a lot of methods to stop this dancing, but to no avail. Even calling up the IFB people who installed rubber boots for the machine didnt help! I have now given it lot of free space to run around, and learning to live with it.
Old 16th October 2009, 09:57   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What's the point of such an activation switch?
Don't know why they have provided this compressor activation switch . I guess may to ensure that the piece is brand new when it reaches the customer as this is a one time activation switch.

I had a to waste 4 hrs figuring why the fridge is not cooling. Coincidently it was a holiday (due to Elections) when the fridge was delivered hence there was not support to tell me about this, hence sharing this info to all.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:43   #531
BANNED

@tj123: I suspect it is a cutout or over-current relay with the funny name!
Old 16th October 2009, 12:35   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which brand is this?

I had posted a similar issue with my machine earlier on this thread, and going by the responses, this seems to be a common problem with most IFB machines. I tried a lot of methods to stop this dancing, but to no avail. Even calling up the IFB people who installed rubber boots for the machine didnt help! I have now given it lot of free space to run around, and learning to live with it.
It's the new Samsung Front loader.

It didn't dance around at all for the first 2 days. Then I bought a stand for it with adjustable rubber legs to increase the height so it's easy to clean below and easy to remove and put clothes.

After fitting the stand the dancing started. I called the samsung guy (who provided the stand) who came and adjusted the stand and after that it started dancing the other way towards the fridge.

Now to try some suspension mods to reduce the oversteer.

Or I'll just put a nice soft rubber mat below the machine.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:41   #533
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

It didn't dance around at all for the first 2 days. Then I bought a stand for it with adjustable rubber legs to increase the height so it's easy to clean below and easy to remove and put clothes.

After fitting the stand the dancing started. I called the samsung guy (who provided the stand) who came and adjusted the stand and after that it started dancing the other way towards the fridge.

Now to try some suspension mods to reduce the oversteer.

Or put adjustable rubber legs for the fridge also so that the fridge also can dance away when the washing machine tries to come towards it.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:22   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that soft rubber is not the answer. The machine must stand very firmly on all four feet.

You need a spirit level to ensure that the machine is level. Having done that, you can tell by touch, which of the corners is jumping up and down during spin, and tighten that foot until it stops. It should be completely stable.

A dancing washing machine can destroy other appliances and units in the kitchen.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:31   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which brand is this?

I faced the same issue. The washing machine was moving around and we had to move it back everytime. Even I tried a lot of methods as IFB people could not do much after repeated calling.

The IFB person who came last advised me to load clothes to the brim. The movement is very less once we started doing this.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 16th October 2009 at 14:36.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:41   #536
BANNED

I have had the same problem with my IFBs (two), Zanussi, and now LG. The latter is a bit better behaved. I find the problem worst when you load in a large sheet.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:02   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The IFB person who came last advised me to load clothes to the brim. The movement is very less once we started doing this.
It didnt quite work out the same way in my case. It danced much more, now that it had the added momentum which it gained thanks to the increased load!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have had the same problem with my IFBs (two), Zanussi, and now LG. The latter is a bit better behaved. I find the problem worst when you load in a large sheet.
In my case, jeans and towels are the music telling it to dance.

I tried having folded newspapers underneath the legs, but even that didnt help much. It simply danced its way off them.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:55   #538
BHPian

Quote:

It didn't dance around at all for the first 2 days. Then I bought a stand for it

and after that it started dancing the other way towards the fridge.

Mine does't dance, its still stock (read : no stand) 1 year now and no problems yet.
Thanks to you, I'm not buying the stand.

Quote:
I tried having folded newspapers underneath the legs, but even that didnt help much. It simply danced its way off them.
Benny, why don't you try this "performance mod"

The Home Appliance thread-dsc02757.jpg

Its got nothing to do with dancing, I've just shifted to another house
So, unpacking still going on.
Old 17th October 2009, 01:49   #539
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody by any chance tried Amway's SA8 Gelzyme detergent in their washing machines (esp. a top loader)? Any comments?

Amway India : SA8 Gelzyme 500ml
Old 17th October 2009, 07:06   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that soft rubber is not the answer. The machine must stand very firmly on all four feet.

You need a spirit level to ensure that the machine is level. Having done that, you can tell by touch, which of the corners is jumping up and down during spin, and tighten that foot until it stops. It should be completely stable.
I have an IFB for seventeen years, yes, the same machine.
The cure for instability is to use pieces of rubber matting (I use squares cut off from old car floor mats) under the feet. I find I need only to do so for the front two feet. Problem solved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks