Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 14:28   #766
Senior - BHPian

Query on Induction Cooker

Is there anyone out here using the induction cooker? Can this be used for all regular cooking activities? How much is the additional electrictiy consumption per month?
Old 13th February 2010, 14:50   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dude for water filter go for a RO system if the water connection in your house is a bore well.I suggest for KENT RO system if going for RO.If it is not a bore well water where the ppm is less than 220ppm then you can go for Aqua guard.If the ppm is more than 400-500ppm then it is better and good to go for RO. Usually bore well water has more than 600-700ppm salt.Think about it.I have KENT RO from past 3 years as the water in our building is bore well water and it has salts upto 780ppm.After using RO the new reading is 50-60ppm.So think and buy.
I have shortlisted kent ro.
Which model do you own and recommend?
Old 13th February 2010, 17:33   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

You may consider Zero B RO water filters, there service is quite good. We have been using it for the last 5 years.

Important : Check out the service network near your area as periodic service is very important for RO filters.
Old 13th February 2010, 17:38   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Folks i need to pick few stuffs very soon, need some suggestion..

Fridge 300lts: Samsung or LG?
Grinder: Morphy richards or Philips?
Water filter: Aqua guard or Philips?
I have a Samsung RT 35z 345 lts fridge 1 yr old 5 star rated. Till now no issues with it.

Mixer Grinder - Kenstar - 5yrs old no problem yet frequently used by our cook

Water Filer - Zero B - 5 yrs old, no major problem yet, except periodic filter replacement.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:28   #770
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Go for Kent excell super ( under the sink model with seperate water tank) the price is same for kent grand and this one. but this is better . iam using it for past 4.5 years
Old 13th February 2010, 21:39   #771
Senior - BHPian

Folks, We are planning to get an air conditioner soon. Which one would you recommend - a window a.c or a split a.c? also please explain why and which brands. And how much powerful?

Don't have exact room size but its for master bedroom. will get details and post up. meanwhile do give your valuable opinion.

currently installed: windows a.c. makes too much noise. the only difference i know between the two is that split a.c is kind of silent compared to windows a.c. let me know any other technical difference that i may not be aware of.

thanks

Last edited by chevelle : 13th February 2010 at 21:40.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:29   #772
BHPian

Hi Chevelle

since you have not mentioned the exact dimensions and layout of your bedroom it would be difficult to suggest a precise solution.
Both slpit and window AC's have their pros and cons.
window AC's have the following pros:
1 easy and cheaper installation.
2 relatively cheaper.
3 they are also relatively more reliable since it comes as a whole unit and unlike split AC's there is no copper piping connecting the indoor and outdoor unit.
similarly split AC's are
1 more silent.
2 have much better aesthetics.
3 have more features etc
also if you are living in a rented appartment it makes sense to go for a window AC( provided you have a window), because in case you move to a new place, split AC's would again require rejoining of the indoor and outdoor units.
technology and reliability wise Hitachi, O General and Panasonic are the best brands, but are fairly expensive compared to korean and indian brands.
Hitachi Quadricool TM(twin Motor technology) is definately the best window AC in the maket. we have been using it since last year and i must tell you its an extemely silent product with noise level of just 43 decibels. ordinary window AC's have noise level o 49-54db. its also got an EER energy efficiency ratio of 10.6 which is equivalent to 5 star rating.
you will have to take vairios considerations into accout before making the final call. window AC is not advisable if you have west facing window. because the direct sunlight of the scorching afternoon sun on the condener can reduce the overall efficiency bye upto 10%.
finally you must post the eaxct dimension, layout , budget your prefences etc so that we bhpans help you in making the right decision!
Old 14th February 2010, 00:09   #773
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Is there anyone out here using the induction cooker? Can this be used for all regular cooking activities? How much is the additional electrictiy consumption per month?
I believe the only requirement is that we should use steel utensils for cooking. Else it should be suitable for most purposes. I am equally curious about the power consumption this would bring.

Not having a spare gas cylinder means when the gas gets over, our kitchen goes dead. Wanted something more as a backup, hence was considering an induction cooker.

Suggestions on preferred brands as well?
Old 14th February 2010, 08:56   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Hi Chevelle

since you have not mentioned the exact dimensions and layout of your bedroom it would be difficult to suggest a precise solution.

also if you are living in a rented appartment it makes sense to go for a window AC( provided you have a window), because in case you move to a new place, split AC's would again require rejoining of the indoor and outdoor units.

you will have to take vairios considerations into accout before making the final call. window AC is not advisable if you have west facing window. because the direct sunlight of the scorching afternoon sun on the condener can reduce the overall efficiency bye upto 10%.
finally you must post the eaxct dimension, layout , budget your prefences etc so that we bhpans help you in making the right decision!
Thanks for your opinion Jaspal

Here are room dimension.

First is for bedroom. its length x breadth is 14x11
and another is for living room. its length x breadth(width) is 18x11.

So we are planning on two AC to be bought.

we have two windows a.c in these two rooms so we will be doing buy back.
I am not aware of prices in India since i am in CA, but if you could an approx price then i can let my parents know. but you can say budget would be for mid range AC's.

Preference is just three things, should be quiet, efficient cooling and consume less power if possible.

Since it will be used for atleast 5 to 10 years, you can suggest brands that are long lasting and don't give problems.

Sun won't intrude in the room as it is closed from that side. So that is not a worry. And we have our own house, so the AC won't be moved once fixed.

Thanks
Old 14th February 2010, 09:31   #775
Senior - BHPian

We were looking for washing machines @Metro and found few

Top loading - 6.2 FA LG7269KN - Price.11000
Top loading - 6 FA ONIDA60FS - Price.10500

Front loading 5KG - LG WM8066 - Price. 19000

Anyone have these machines? We are looking for a budget front/top loading machines.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:52   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Go for Kent excell super ( under the sink model with seperate water tank) the price is same for kent grand and this one. but this is better . iam using it for past 4.5 years
Installed kent gand+ today.
Water quality after kentification is really good.
Hope, it will serve without any issues.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:19   #777
Senior - BHPian

As per my knowledge people who use them tell it does consume a lot of electricity, not sure how much though.

And is good for "white" rice only not for "brown" rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I believe the only requirement is that we should use steel utensils for cooking. Else it should be suitable for most purposes. I am equally curious about the power consumption this would bring.

Not having a spare gas cylinder means when the gas gets over, our kitchen goes dead. Wanted something more as a backup, hence was considering an induction cooker.

Suggestions on preferred brands as well?
Old 15th February 2010, 17:20   #778
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone has any updates on "pureit" water purifiers?
Old 15th February 2010, 17:56   #779
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Has anyone has any updates on "pureit" water purifiers?
I am sure you meant the Hindustan Lever Pureit series!

I use them in my shop and even at home. At least I drink the water from that.

When there was a Kent demonstration, the 'drinking' water supplied by our municipality was having the maximum impurity. Then came Pureit and the least was from a well near the house.

Kent water of course was the purest, but maybe since consuming 'normal' water for almost 50 years, I thought Kent water was horrible in taste.

Moreover, the municipal water supply was too weak to support the Kent purifier and they did not have a model which has a booster pump. We do not pump (rather we cannot) municipal water into our overhead tanks.

So far nobody who has taken water from the Pureit filter has complained of any bad effects.

If the Kent demo can be believed and if that is the correct way of judging purity, then their method yields good results and may be an ideal buy for those who need really pure drinking water.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:12   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We were looking for washing machines @Metro and found few

Top loading - 6.2 FA LG7269KN - Price.11000
Top loading - 6 FA ONIDA60FS - Price.10500

Front loading 5KG - LG WM8066 - Price. 19000

Anyone have these machines? We are looking for a budget front/top loading machines.

Pros of Top loaders
  • Lower cost
  • Easy to move around as it is less heavy comparatively
  • Low power consumption
Cons of Top loaders
  • Consumes more water compared to front loaders
  • Wash quality is not as good as front loaders
I have a LG WF-T7519JG , Top loader & it is working fine with us.

Most Viewed