Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 18:46   #781
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I dont remember posting anything on this thread, but thought of informing some stock clearing news of my cousine's shop in Bangalore, Mathikere. He is going abroad so the following items are cleared for flat 30% from MRP until the stocks last.

Details: Sunflame Brand stoves/cooktops, cooking range & chimney(with official bill and warranty)
4 Burners : 45 pieces (ranging from MRP 3990 to 9990)
3 Burners : 45 pieces (ranging from MRP 3190 to 8390)
2 Burners : 75 pieces (ranging from MRP 1990 to 4890)
4 burner cooking range : 4 pieces
Chimneys : 3 pieces

If anyone is interested, please PM me for the shop number and address. Its not a profit-oriented deal because sunflame gives max of 15% profit margin to any dealer, here the offer is 30% flat, undoubtedly a loss-stock-clearing due to limited time available to him. Its not posted in classifieds because we dont have a home appliance section. To double check the genuinty, you can always check the selling price at any of the shops in the city and see whats the max one can offer. Its not promoted through newspapers or printed ads, because other dealers will not feel good at a rock-bottom discount figure, although its a closing-shop situation.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:38   #782
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who use a portable AC here? And any idea if one can get one of these in India? Think Haier has one.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Has anyone has any updates on "pureit" water purifiers?
I have been using the pureit for the last 1 year and truly I am fed up of changing that battery (just containing a small stick of clorine) . Every 3 or 4 months I have to shell out 350 rs for this. I think it is good only for shops where people just drink some glasses of water a day.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:24   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I believe the only requirement is that we should use steel utensils for cooking. Else it should be suitable for most purposes. I am equally curious about the power consumption this would bring.

Not having a spare gas cylinder means when the gas gets over, our kitchen goes dead. Wanted something more as a backup, hence was considering an induction cooker.

Suggestions on preferred brands as well?
I have a friend in Kochi using an induction cooker. I need to talk to him. The efficiency of induction cooker is considered to be around 90% which is very high compared to the 40% of the gas stoves - information from Induction cooker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Prestige has a few models - Induction Cook-Tops : Prestige TTK. No idea how good or bad they are.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:49   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Pros of Top loaders
  • Lower cost
  • Easy to move around as it is less heavy comparatively
  • Low power consumption
Cons of Top loaders
  • Consumes more water compared to front loaders
  • Wash quality is not as good as front loaders
I have a LG WF-T7519JG , Top loader & it is working fine with us.
Thanks for the info. Top loading for a single and front loading is for a couple who is expecting a new family member soon.

Any feedback on this SAMSUNG machine (WF8550NHS)
the ultimate washing experience WF8550NHS - Front Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG=
Old 16th February 2010, 18:10   #786
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Every 3 or 4 months I have to shell out 350 rs for this. I think it is good only for shops where people just drink some glasses of water a day.
There would be recurring expenses with any water purifier. In our case, other than catering for customers, we also take enough water to put in our coffee / tea machine for making either for my staff and that would be approximately 80 paper cups of coffee / tea per day.

My traceable replacements were on 15-01-2009 and 22-06-2009.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:17   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have a friend in Kochi using an induction cooker. I need to talk to him. The efficiency of induction cooker is considered to be around 90% which is very high compared to the 40% of the gas stoves - information from Induction cooker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Prestige has a few models - Induction Cook-Tops : Prestige TTK. No idea how good or bad they are.
We have one though dont use much. Its cooks/boils things very fast! Tea takes 1 min! Phew! Pretty neat device.

Think it's Pigeon. Ping Jerish, he markets a brand.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:29   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for the info. Top loading for a single and front loading is for a couple who is expecting a new family member soon.

Any feedback on this SAMSUNG machine (WF8550NHS)
the ultimate washing experience WF8550NHS - Front Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG=
Well not "that" particular model.
I've been using this -> 5.0Kg front loader washing machine WF-F861EW1 - Front Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG

Cost me 18.5k almost 17 months back. Now it is around 17k with a vacuum cleaner free. Its not noisy and has not given any problems. washing quality is really good (even in "chennai" water, if you know what I mean), very easy to use. I'd definitely recommend it.
Old 16th February 2010, 23:28   #789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
We have one though dont use much. Its cooks/boils things very fast! Tea takes 1 min! Phew! Pretty neat device.

Think it's Pigeon. Ping Jerish, he markets a brand.
Although you dont use it much, were you able to make out any influence it has had on your electricity bill? Also, is there any reason its sparingly used?
Old 17th February 2010, 04:36   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Here are room dimension.

First is for bedroom. its length x breadth is 14x11
and another is for living room. its length x breadth(width) is 18x11.

So we are planning on two AC to be bought.

we have two windows a.c in these two rooms so we will be doing buy back.
I am not aware of prices in India since i am in CA, but if you could an approx price then i can let my parents know. but you can say budget would be for mid range AC's.

Preference is just three things, should be quiet, efficient cooling and consume less power if possible.

Since it will be used for atleast 5 to 10 years, you can suggest brands that are long lasting and don't give problems.

Sun won't intrude in the room as it is closed from that side. So that is not a worry. And we have our own house, so the AC won't be moved once fixed.

Thanks
Guys, no one has any suggestion about AC? opine. Its urgent and important.

Thank You
Old 17th February 2010, 06:20   #791
BHPian

I will have to decide on hob and chimney in about a week or 2. Which company(any brand should do) has the best service network in bangalore?
Old 17th February 2010, 07:30   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Guys, no one has any suggestion about AC? opine. Its urgent and important.

Thank You
I've had Hitachi Quadricool TM for 3-4 years. It's not officially star-rated, I think, but it's EER is almost equivalent to BIS 5 star rating. And it's pretty damn silent. Since you pay a premium for it, you can always expect a long lasting product. I haven't had to replace a single part over those years, and there's been no change in looks/performance.
Old 17th February 2010, 08:26   #793
Senior - BHPian

Just saw in the news that home appliance prices will go up after the budget. Mainly due to rising input cost.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:04   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I will have to decide on hob and chimney in about a week or 2. Which company(any brand should do) has the best service network in bangalore?
Gilma should be good! I am using the same for a kitchen chimney.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:11   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Go for Faber. They have life time warranty models too. Go to Faber store first and choose the hob and chimney of your choice and the best price they offer, then go to Devi International near madhavan park, jayanagar. They will give you the best price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks