Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 11:49   #796
BHPian

Hi chevelle

Sorry for the delay.
According to the mentioned room dimensions, you should go for 1.5 ton AC for the bedroom and a 2 ton model should be sufficent for the living room.
as i mentioned earlier also, for the room you should consider Hitachi Quadricool TM 1.5, believe me its worth every penny. Mrp price is Rs 27400, for TM model and Rs 26490 for Quadricool RAV018EQD. you should expect a discount in the range of 2000-3000. Ordinary window AC's from lg,samsung, voltas etc are available in the range of 17000 to 21000, but these are not as silent and efficient as Hitachi Quadricool.
Panasonic has a nationwide scheme offering a 1.5 ton split AC for around Rs 23000.
Hitachi split AC's are very expensive so i wont recommend them.
for the living room a 2 ton split AC should be an ideal option. samsung AS24NC costing around Rs 29000, should be a good option.
finally, i would again like to remind you, that Hitachi, O general and panasonic have the best products, but they are relatively expensive.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:25   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Guys, no one has any suggestion about AC? opine. Its urgent and important.

Thank You
Hi, my suggestion would be to go for good energy efficient Split AC models. Please have a look at this BEE link & do a search for most energy efficient models. Look for the Energy Efficiency Ratio(EER)(W/W) (higher the better >3.5)

Energy Efficiency Ratio(EER)(W/W) =Cooling Capacity (W)/Power Consumption (W)

One of the highest rated models is of Toshiba RAS-18SKDX-IN +RAS-18S2AX-IN models.

BEE Link http://220.156.189.23:8080/beeLabel/index.jsp# click on search & compare on the right side of the screen.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:36   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Go for Faber. They have life time warranty models too.
I am told that there is a change in the faber management. Current owner(!) has sold the company to some one else. Hence production is stopped. No sale taking place. And no quotation also.
Quote:
Go to Faber store first
is this the "galleria" in malleshwaram
Quote:
then go to Devi International near madhavan park, jayanagar. They will give you the best price.
Thanks for the specific info.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:07   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Hi chevelle

Sorry for the delay.
According to the mentioned room dimensions, you should go for 1.5 ton AC for the bedroom and a 2 ton model should be sufficent for the living room.
as i mentioned earlier also, for the room you should consider Hitachi Quadricool TM 1.5, believe me its worth every penny. Mrp price is Rs 27400, for TM model and Rs 26490 for Quadricool RAV018EQD. you should expect a discount in the range of 2000-3000. Ordinary window AC's from lg,samsung, voltas etc are available in the range of 17000 to 21000, but these are not as silent and efficient as Hitachi Quadricool.
Panasonic has a nationwide scheme offering a 1.5 ton split AC for around Rs 23000.
Hitachi split AC's are very expensive so i wont recommend them.
for the living room a 2 ton split AC should be an ideal option. samsung AS24NC costing around Rs 29000, should be a good option.
finally, i would again like to remind you, that Hitachi, O general and panasonic have the best products, but they are relatively expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Hi, my suggestion would be to go for good energy efficient Split AC models. Please have a look at this BEE link & do a search for most energy efficient models. Look for the Energy Efficiency Ratio(EER)(W/W) (higher the better >3.5)

Energy Efficiency Ratio(EER)(W/W) =Cooling Capacity (W)/Power Consumption (W)

One of the highest rated models is of Toshiba RAS-18SKDX-IN +RAS-18S2AX-IN models.

BEE Link http://220.156.189.23:8080/beeLabel/index.jsp# click on search & compare on the right side of the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
I've had Hitachi Quadricool TM for 3-4 years. It's not officially star-rated, I think, but it's EER is almost equivalent to BIS 5 star rating. And it's pretty damn silent. Since you pay a premium for it, you can always expect a long lasting product. I haven't had to replace a single part over those years, and there's been no change in looks/performance.
Thanks Guys for your opinions.

Guess will go for Hitachi Quadricool. Will keep ya all updated.
Old 18th February 2010, 11:44   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
is this the "galleria" in malleshwaram
I think that is the one on sampige road. Actually there are many all across Bangalore, find the one nearer to your location.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:54   #801
Senior - BHPian

update.

Quote:
Thanks Guys for your opinions.

Guess will go for Hitachi Quadricool. Will keep ya all updated.
A small update.

Yesterday, my parents went to look for AC. They saw some LG, Samsung, Hitachi models

Funnily, the sales guy was rooting for LG, he said it has good service bla bla bla. Dad also liked LG. We currently have a LG AC and Fridge at home. Not too impressed with performance and maintenance , but dad's all gunho about it. Mom prefers Hitachi. They are quoting around 30k for Hitachi Split AC. Will try to get model number. Also 1500 rupees extra for fitting charge. The difference is quite huge when compared to quotes given by Jaspal. They are also not giving any discounts.

Will talk later in the evening with dad and convince him to go for hitachi. Still pricing seems to be quite high. Its in Baroda, Gujarat. They said, old models have been replaced by new models and so price has increased.

Decision to be taken in couple of days.

Any suggestions on how to convince dad for Hitachi?

Sorry for long post.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:25   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Well not "that" particular model.
I've been using this -> 5.0Kg front loader washing machine WF-F861EW1 - Front Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG

Cost me 18.5k almost 17 months back. Now it is around 17k with a vacuum cleaner free. Its not noisy and has not given any problems. washing quality is really good (even in "chennai" water, if you know what I mean), very easy to use. I'd definitely recommend it.
Just saw the ad , Girias Bangalore is offering WF-F861 (same one you have) for 17K+free vaccum cleaner. Will check it on my way back home today.
Old 20th February 2010, 11:19   #803
BHPian

Quote:
A small update.

Yesterday, my parents went to look for AC. They saw some LG, Samsung, Hitachi models

Funnily, the sales guy was rooting for LG, he said it has good service bla bla bla. Dad also liked LG. We currently have a LG AC and Fridge at home. Not too impressed with performance and maintenance , but dad's all gunho about it. Mom prefers Hitachi. They are quoting around 30k for Hitachi Split AC. Will try to get model number. Also 1500 rupees extra for fitting charge. The difference is quite huge when compared to quotes given by Jaspal. They are also not giving any discounts.

Will talk later in the evening with dad and convince him to go for hitachi. Still pricing seems to be quite high. Its in Baroda, Gujarat. They said, old models have been replaced by new models and so price has increased.

Decision to be taken in couple of days.

Any suggestions on how to convince dad for Hitachi?

Sorry for long post.
Hi chevelle

the prices which i mentioned were for a window AC(quadricool is a window AC) and the price qouted by dealer is for Hitachi split AC model which is absolutely fine.
split AC installation charges are around Rs 1500, no matter which brand you buy.
i would suggest you to buy Hitachi quadricool( window AC) for bed room and a split AC for the living room. for split AC you can consider panasonic, samsung and if budget permits Hitachi.
Tell your father that its a long term investment( min 5-8 years usage), and
Hitachi with better technology, reliability, features, efficiency and better asthetics would be an ideal choice.

do keep us updated!
Old 20th February 2010, 16:14   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw the ad , Girias Bangalore is offering WF-F861 (same one you have) for 17K+free vaccum cleaner. Will check it on my way back home today.
We checked it yesterday and almost decided on buying the same. Then we saw a LG model F1056LDP, they are offering it for 24.5 K with some freebies. After some negotiations they came down to 23.9K

F1056LDP link: LG Front Loader Washing Machine (WD-12485TP) with capacity of 7.5 Kg For Easy & Quick Wash

Let us know your opinion!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th February 2010 at 16:20.
Old 20th February 2010, 16:26   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Hi chevelle

the prices which i mentioned were for a window AC(quadricool is a window AC) and the price qouted by dealer is for Hitachi split AC model which is absolutely fine.
split AC installation charges are around Rs 1500, no matter which brand you buy.
i would suggest you to buy Hitachi quadricool( window AC) for bed room and a split AC for the living room. for split AC you can consider panasonic, samsung and if budget permits Hitachi.
Tell your father that its a long term investment( min 5-8 years usage), and
Hitachi with better technology, reliability, features, efficiency and better asthetics would be an ideal choice.

do keep us updated!
Thanks Jaspal for your view. I will suggest them the options you mentioned. I still haven't discuss in detail with Dad as he is busy with his work. But i plan to talk with him about Hitachi and tell him your a fore mentioned points . Also they said they didn't came across any panasonic AC.

The second problem is, if its not decided by this weekend, it may get pushed to around 1st week of march. Due to 'Hodastak' period during which new stuff is not bought(Family tradition - can't help it). I hope its done by this week.
Will surely let you know the status.

Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated.
Old 21st February 2010, 15:47   #806
BHPian

Hey guys!
My mom is on the lookout for a good 7.5Kg or 8Kg top-loading washing machine. We had booked an LG WF-T8519PV (a newly launched model on the website)
But, the Croma guys kept us waiting for a month and a half and we opted to cancel the order. Now, which washing machine do you suggest in the specified capacity.
Please, I need replies today itself!!
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:27   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The second problem is, if its not decided by this weekend, it may get pushed to around 1st week of march. Due to 'Hodastak' period during which new stuff is not bought(Family tradition - can't help it). I hope its done by this week.
Will surely let you know the status.

Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated.
As i dreaded, couldn't buy before Today, so is now shifted to 1st March. But its almost decided. Either Two Split AC from Samsung/LG and one window ac from Hitachi Or 1 split AC from Samsung and one Window AC from Hitachi.
Will give more info on specific models and price as and when i have more information.

Thanks to all who helped making a decision.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:56   #808
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Here is a silly question for a frustrating occasion.
We do not know the exact time when the cooking gas cylinder is
going to run dry/empty. Is there any external guage instrument
by which we can know when to change the cylinder.

It is frustrating when one morning you are late to office
and wife sheirks from the kitchen that there is no gas.
Have to sms the address to that fellow and be
present at home before the guy comes to take the empty
one and pay him the cash.

Yes, general usage graph maybe useful, but
sometimes there is a surge of guests and office folks
and the graphs go bust.

Kindly lemme know if there is someway to find out.

Dhanyawaad!
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:20   #809
BHPian

You don't have double cylinder? Go and apply to your gas company for a 2nd cylinder. Just attach the new cylinder when the first one goes empty and call your gas company when you are free.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:59   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You don't have double cylinder? Go and apply to your gas company for a 2nd cylinder. Just attach the new cylinder when the first one goes empty and call your gas company when you are free.
Wow! My knowledge is now complete. I am ready for my jaap in the himalayas.

Somehow I am not at luxury for a double connection. Thanks ! Anyone else ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks