Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:10   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the info guys. We'll check out the LG products soon.

Why isn't National ACs available anymore? We have a National window AC and it's BRILLIANT. Runs trouble free (We Have annual maintenance contract for cleaning) for almost a decade now.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:30   #842
BHPian

Have been using IFB front loads both back at home town(over 15 years) and at my house(over 4 years). There hasnt been a single issue with it so far, touch wood ! So my take on WCs, IFB stands on top ! Also I have not even bothered about service, as they seldom breakdown.

For me this is how it goes, its kind of a tradition that has worked well for me :

IFB : Washing Machines

Samsung : Refrigerators and LCDs(when you dont have money for Sony)

Sony : LCDs, TVs,

LG : A/Cs & Microwave Ovens (though Hitachi, Voltas & LLoyd used to rule earlier in the A/C section, now their availability and service factors are quite unsure)

HomeTheaters : When there are many prof ones available it would be easier for me to advise on the brand to stay away from ie., Sony. I never buy these budget HTs which are never worth any penny !( how I wish AIWA was still around). Personally I prefer an Yamaha AMP or Denon & Polk speakers. But these are subjective !

Last edited by s3va : 22nd March 2010 at 15:32.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:16   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Have been using IFB front loads both back at home town(over 15 years) and at my house(over 4 years). There hasnt been a single issue with it so far, touch wood ! So my take on WCs, IFB stands on top ! Also I have not even bothered about service, as they seldom breakdown.

For me this is how it goes, its kind of a tradition that has worked well for me :

IFB : Washing Machines
In fifth Year running, IFB guys want to change everything in the machine except Drum and Shell. Asking for approx 10 K. Won't touch IFB ever again.

How much is LG coming for ?
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:21   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
!
IFB products and service was one of the best, but things are changed now. Heard some bad experience from my friend circle itself. You are luck to have trouble free IFB products. I think their products are good but A.S.S is they area they need to work.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:59   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have been going through the posts here on usefulness and otherwise of a microwave, and I gather that it is good for cooking / heating / steaming things. To make curry, you need different things.

We are a pure veg household here. Here, most things are cooked in a pressure cooker and then put into a pan and heated again with masala / oil or watever. So, I guess that the M/@ will take over the role of the pressure cooker here. Am I right in my understanding?

2. How do I decide the capacity? How big should it be?

3. We do not do any baking anyway (not that we are averse to baking and eggs, etc., just that we find it more convenient to have non-veg and baked food from outside). :-D So, a plain m/w without any grill or whatever frills will do?

Any features to look for?

Recall reading something about a "turret" or turntable or something. Any comments?

Thanks in advance.
Well I am too planning to buy one and not sure what all features would be used for. But my major purpose is just for heating. It would only be used for Veg. food purpose.

I went down to Vijay sales the other day and they had an offer on Kelvinator Model LC20CSSJ. Sales executive says its all in one(Oven, Convection and Grill). Its 20L and costs 5490/-.
Vijay Sales=

Anyone here who has got this model and can give any feedback would be appreciated.

Friends any inputs on any particular brand and model. Anyone who has recently got and could share his feeback would also help.

Thanks in Advance :-)
Old 30th March 2010, 11:14   #846
BHPian

Floor Mounted Air Conditioner

Hi

Need inputs on "Floor Mounted Air Conditioner" for a friend of mine. Reason being since he stays in a rented house, he cannot make holes on the walls and go for a split AC. Hence he is looking for any floor mounted AC which can meet the requirements.

I don't know if we have any floor mounted AC's in the market. If anyone can please shed light on the same, I shall be very thankful to you

lambu
Old 30th March 2010, 11:18   #847
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there're floor mounted A/C's but I've never bothered to check them. May be Hitachi has it, but Hitachi being bought over, I'm not sure now. IMO, your friend can change the house or convince the owner for split A/C.

EDIT - LG India, Bluestar & Voltas India

Last edited by aargee : 30th March 2010 at 11:32.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:24   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
IMO, your friend can change the house or convince the owner for split A/C.
Honey, changing house is ruled out now as he is expecting a new family member in his family

Convincing the house owners is a bit difficult in Bangalore alteast, my personal exprience.

Does LG or any other company make floor mounted AC's
Old 4th April 2010, 20:17   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
My wife and I have been shopping around for a replacement of our 260L single door LG semi frost free refrigerator. We have narrowed down to 2 choices :

1. Haier HRB 331HP4 Bottom mounted refrigerator : Welcome To Haier India : Inspired Living

2. LG GL 338VA5 Frost Free Refrigerator : LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock

Any suggestions which one should be a better one to go for. Wife is enamoured by the bottom mounted one but is worried about the internal space available in it. While in case of LG since she has already used one for 4 yrs now, she is in known territory
Hi Mate,

I am in the lookout for LG GL 338VA5 or equivalent refrigerator. Let me know if you decided to buy this or any other.

What is the best price quoted for LG GL 338VA5? Anyone from Bangalore having bought this?

Please direct me,
Old 4th April 2010, 20:24   #850
Senior - BHPian

I have a question - I have a usual frost free 2 door LG fridge but I don't use the freezer compartment.

Can I use it instead for keeping vegetables and the like by changing the settings - I've seen a knob in the freezer section ?
Old 5th April 2010, 11:28   #851
Senior - BHPian

Washing machine

Guys,

which is the current best washing machine around 12K price range. We are looking at 5KG top loading one. Current TVS lasted 14 years without any niggles but has stopped working now
Old 5th April 2010, 15:09   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hi Mate,

I am in the lookout for LG GL 338VA5 or equivalent refrigerator. Let me know if you decided to buy this or any other.

What is the best price quoted for LG GL 338VA5? Anyone from Bangalore having bought this?

Please direct me,
I am using LG Model : GL-405YMQG4 for over a year now and just bought another one as a replacement for my Mom's old fridge. This a 390 liter model and I am very satisfied with the refrigerator. It will cost you around 26300/-.

LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock
Old 5th April 2010, 16:41   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Guys,

which is the current best washing machine around 12K price range. We are looking at 5KG top loading one. Current TVS lasted 14 years without any niggles but has stopped working now
There is one Samsung model available, forgot the model number but easy to identify because it has pretty dark blue top panel. It is available on display at Girias/ezone/Pai. Girias price is the least and has some free gift with it.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:05   #854
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
In fifth Year running, IFB guys want to change everything in the machine except Drum and Shell. Askin
Take an AMC - annual maintenance contract from IFB. Would cost around 1.5 K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Convincing the house owners is a bit difficult in Bangalore alteast, my personal exprience.
You can use the ventilators (the small openings at the top of the ceiling, usually above windows) and seal the remaining part of teh ventilator with "thermocool" - that white thingie which comes inside packing of consumer durables.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:52   #855
Senior - BHPian

^^^AMCs are no solution... not for me. I like things that don't require and AMC; and I consider a product good when it has a guarantee that I never have to use.

The IFB guy who came for the demo of our dish washing machine pushed very hard to sell us a 2 year AMC. Didn't go down well with me...

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th April 2010 at 18:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks