Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 15:57   #871
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I have "heard" a lot of complaints with prestige induction cooker and good feedback for Pigeon brand, go for Pigeon if and when you plan to.
That's really informative, Dadu. Between, what were the kind of complaints which people mentioned? Just so we have an idea.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:21   #872
BHPian

Thansk Latheesh, Benny and Dadu.

Benny,
some complaints I heard were with the body cracking and reduced efficiency thereafter.

Edit: There are no offers on Pigeon induction stoves, but I believe they have two models
a) Basic model retailing about 3k
b) A better model with touch-sensitive keys and many more options retailing for 3.8k

Edit2: Not sure how this helps, I got the following information collected.

a) Induction element range - 3600 watt to 1200 watt
b) Induction element diameter - typically 15.5cm (not the body diameter)
c) Its better to use pans, with base diameter within 15-17cm range (I believe most of the pressure cookers are in the 19+ range)
d) Brands - Pigeon, TCL, Preeti, Prestige, Butterfly, Star Touch (Thai), Cookmate
Most of these have 1900-2000Watts, most cooking can be done in 700-1100 watts at about 150-160 degrees.

Butterfly and Prestige have received bad feedback, especially in Bangalore.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 16th April 2010 at 16:27.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:42   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thansk Latheesh, Benny and Dadu.

Benny,
some complaints I heard were with the body cracking and reduced efficiency thereafter.
Very true, specifically the Glass Top developing cracks and then it takes ages for them to replace it under warranty. Similarly also heard about the induction heating issues in prestige brand.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:05   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi Guys

Need your valuable inputs on a digital photo frame. Preferably 7 inch or larger.

Can anyone be kind enough to share their thoughts and experiences as to what needs to be looked in when buying the frame ? Which are the preferred brands etc.

Need to give it as a present

Thanks a zillion
Any Help Guys
Old 17th April 2010, 12:26   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
People looking for water purifier, i will recomment "Pureit"
cheap and best option for now...
Changing the so called battery (a tube of chlorine) every 3 or 4 months for household use is not at all cheap. For shops or office it is good. Also depends on the quality of water.

How can they charge 350 to 400 rs for a small tube of chlorine. It is just not at all value for money.
Old 17th April 2010, 14:56   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Changing the so called battery (a tube of chlorine) every 3 or 4 months for household use is not at all cheap. For shops or office it is good. Also depends on the quality of water.

How can they charge 350 to 400 rs for a small tube of chlorine. It is just not at all value for money.
It depends on your family size and hence your water usage. For a nuclear family (4 people), it will last for more than an year. But yes, this is suitable only for non-hard water sources or if you cannot detect the hardness by taste (minimally hard).

Last edited by dadu : 17th April 2010 at 14:58.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:40   #877
BHPian

We have a funny problem here. My dad refuses to buy a water purifier, saying that he doesn't get filtered water at his office, and mom doesn't get filtered water at the college either, so using filtered water at home will weaken the immune system and family members will be more prone to diseases from the not-so-filtered water at workplaces ? Is he right ?
Old 17th April 2010, 19:13   #878
BHPian

^ His logic holds no water (no pun intended!)

My advice would be, get yourself a big copper matka and store water in it. Copper is known to neutralize various water borne bacteria specially e-coli. Though it will not remove dissolved salts from water, it will certainly make water taste little better and lot safer.

Regards,
Old 17th April 2010, 20:34   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
We have a funny problem here. My dad refuses to buy a water purifier, saying that he doesn't get filtered water at his office, and mom doesn't get filtered water at the college either, so using filtered water at home will weaken the immune system and family members will be more prone to diseases from the not-so-filtered water at workplaces ? Is he right ?
In this case, apart from a good water purifier, you need to get 2 good sized water bottles as well for your mom and dad to carry water with them. I am not joking here. Once many people in my mom's office were infected with jaundice and they tracked it to, believe it or not, a dead monkey in the office water tank (happened some 12 years back at a central govt office in Parliament Street, Delhi) . Thankfully mom escaped since she used to carry drinking water.
Old 17th April 2010, 20:54   #880
BHPian

LG refrigerators availability

Having Moved in to a new house and with addition of new family members, i am looking for a 290 Ltr fridge. Zeroed in on LG GL-305VVX5 ,

LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock

Surprisingly , after 100+ phone calls to every dealer in Delhi, nobody is able to make them available to me, the best LG shop In lajpat ngr is having trouble sourcing this. it been 15 days since, i am searching for this model and no success so far . really frustrating. best part is that when i called up some body ( GM in LG ) he just shrugged me off .. really frustrating .. i couldn,t find such features in other manufacturer , else would have drop the purchase .what surprises me most is the fact that even if u r ready to pay, you don,t get service ...

My point is if they cannot meet the demand , why they are launching those products in market .. completely useless IMO, or is it so that they are trying to create Artificial demand
Old 18th April 2010, 09:12   #881
BHPian

@sushil. I recently happened to purchase the LG 320 Ltrs http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Produc...cat=Frost+Free

I was wanting to buy 2 refrigerators. Wife had done some looking out on internet and wanted 1 Frost Free Double door with 300+ ltrs and other we wanted a single door with 220+ ltrs. LG Shoppee dealer was even unable to give me the pricing of the Single Door Refrigerator. On a casual talk with the dealer, got to know usually they have this delay during the April month, when LG introduces new models and depending on purchases in few cities they release the pricing for other cities. My case being Bangalore. He also said, LG takes back the old models from the shelf and replace it with new models. Old models are shifted to Tier2 and Tier3 towns/cities.

Now having said this, since the particular model is still available on the internet. You may be stuck between the transition as per the dealer.
This does not give the excuse the Dealers and GM of LG to show the attitude he has shown to you

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 18th April 2010 at 09:14. Reason: Link Provided
Old 18th April 2010, 10:06   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@sushil. I recently happened to purchase the LG 320 Ltrs LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock

I was wanting to buy 2 refrigerators. Wife had done some looking out on internet and wanted 1 Frost Free Double door with 300+ ltrs and other we wanted a single door with 220+ ltrs. LG Shoppee dealer was even unable to give me the pricing of the Single Door Refrigerator. On a casual talk with the dealer, got to know usually they have this delay during the April month, when LG introduces new models and depending on purchases in few cities they release the pricing for other cities. My case being Bangalore. He also said, LG takes back the old models from the shelf and replace it with new models. Old models are shifted to Tier2 and Tier3 towns/cities.

Now having said this, since the particular model is still available on the internet. You may be stuck between the transition as per the dealer.
This does not give the excuse the Dealers and GM of LG to show the attitude he has shown to you
I think , it's a case of creating artificial demand as well . the guy in showroom , himself confirmed that he has sold 10-11 pieces himself of that particular model around previous week , Never the less , guy is pretty much interested in arranging the same for me and is trying hard, what really pissed me off was that the dealer ( whom i visited previously )was forcing me to go for previous years model ..i wish i could that dealer in front of everybody, to set an example for other dealers ..anyways looking for an alternative now ....i cannot wait anymore...LOSS for LG at the end of day
Old 18th April 2010, 16:36   #883
Senior - BHPian

I had once engaged LG customer service in G.NOIDA wherein the local office in Bangalore were refusing to budge.

It started with a mail and ended 2-3 calls later between the CS manager and me in supporting my claim with a free replacement of part shipped directly from factory stores. Took some 2 weeks to close it all but worked in my favour.

Try it, if they have stock they will oblige.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:31   #884
BHPian

yes dadu,

Even i know they have good Customer service. that's the reason , i m keen on buying a LG. Anyways , have end up buying a 260 ltrs ( GL-278 VT5 ) and 7 kg washing machine , both of LG . 290 ltrs was more than what i need so settled for 260 Ltrs...As for 305 VVX goes, i guess only diff between these two models is digital display only ..which is not available in 260 ltrs ...and i think it can be ignored...
Old 18th April 2010, 22:51   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

IFB - Lost my peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Bought IFB washing machine and Samsung AC.

One word about IFB - The WORST Customer Service I have ever seen in my life. Word of advice - STAY AWAY. Can you imagine being delivered a WM with a broken table top and I have to make 2 calls a day to get it replaced? Still waiting for the spare. Machine replacement? You must be kidding. They won't do that if it's only the table top that's broken.

Lost my peace of mind trying save some bucks buy buying from CSD. CSD had only IFB, Samsung and Whirlpool WMs.

So my sincere advice is to stay away from IFB.
So the spare finally comes. They fix it, install the machine, run it and we find it making strange noises. Intaller gives us all kind of crap - This is from India not Goa, this is not Bosch, this is senator model - So this is normal. Blasted him. Then mechanic comes, says the power board has gone bust!

Call up and blast whoever I get from IFB. Offered replacement. Replacement? My foot. They should have done that at first instance when the machine was delivered broken.

IFB has gone down the drain at all levels and is using it's yesteryear Front Load washing machine king image to survive and fool customers.

The dialogue that takes the cake? "Sir please move the machine carefully, if it gets scratched then you are responsible. We need to rectify and sell it".
Let me post the serial number tomorrow.

Most Viewed