Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 14:22   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Did anybody get a "bottom freezer" fridge of late? Which brand do you recommend? I found only Hitachi and Panasonic brands so far of that type.
Vasoo, we bought a Panasonic 340 ltr in early 2009, the machine is fabulous, no running noise at all, has double veggie bin and the freezer is at the bottom

extreemly convenient in Indian kitchen where there is a heavy consumption of veggies in all meals

we had short listed Hitachi and Panasonic, but bought Panasonic as the design was more relevant to us, they also have the inverter tech machines which are even better, but for us we had size limitation so we bought the one we bought
Old 18th August 2010, 14:30   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone knows some higher ups in IFB?
Jag, the call centre will give you the service head number for Karnataka who would most likely be operating out of B'lore

if needed visit them personally and meet the guy

let me know if you face difficulties
Old 19th August 2010, 14:09   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Jag, the call centre will give you the service head number for Karnataka who would most likely be operating out of B'lore

After blasting the call center, they sent a senior technician who came and fixed the WM y'day. Let me see for a few days.
Apparently, the service of IFB is outsourced to some Deepa Enterprises who IMO are the culprits.
Old 19th August 2010, 20:36   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
After blasting the call center, they sent a senior technician who came and fixed the WM y'day. Let me see for a few days.
Apparently, the service of IFB is outsourced to some Deepa Enterprises who IMO are the culprits.
As I understand, in a city they outsource the service to one or multiple vendors covering each zone, they may play havoc at times, but they also have a company guy in each region and this guy backs the service centre, if you are able to catch this company guy then your problems are sorted
Old 20th August 2010, 01:06   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
msdivy..believe it or not, these are the exact two refrigerators i have shortlisted. Both are easily availabe at the Unilet stores. Thats what they told me about a week ago at least. Try them. Both are superb, although the whirlpool wins hands down in the looks dept.
Piano Black looks awesome ! Could not source Protton 330L Elite from anywhere. Though Unilet guy promised he can, his prices carried a huge premium. Had to settle for Dlx model at Electronics Store Koramangala. Whirlpool 330L Dlx Protton cost 25,550. We got additional 1,500 off in exchange for our 23 year old Kelvinator + a watch. Installation was good and we switched on, 3 hours after delivery, as advised by the installation person. Looks good as far.

Last edited by msdivy : 20th August 2010 at 01:10.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:36   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post

Quote:
Two days and back to square one. Anupam, can you help get me the IFB guy's contact?
Old 21st August 2010, 12:03   #1222
BHPian

Washing machine and dryer: combined or separate?

Folks,

I am planning to replace the old washing machine at home, this time planning to buy a dryer. There are some models which have washer and dryer combined (e.g., i saw LG has one). Is it better to buy a separate dryer or combined? I feel that if the dryer is separate, then it gives more flexibility. On the other hand, it would mean two machines to maintain and AMC costs may be higher. I would like to hear your thoughts and experience regarding this.

thanks!
Old 21st August 2010, 22:23   #1223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Folks,

I am planning to replace the old washing machine at home, this time planning to buy a dryer. There are some models which have washer and dryer combined (e.g., i saw LG has one). Is it better to buy a separate dryer or combined? I feel that if the dryer is separate, then it gives more flexibility. On the other hand, it would mean two machines to maintain and AMC costs may be higher. I would like to hear your thoughts and experience regarding this.

thanks!

Today we replaced our 7 year old 6.5 kg Fully Automatic Whirlpool washing machine.

Got the LG Tromm Rs. 17999/- Started few minutes ago, SILENT......! and hassle free. And at that price, nothing better

Also a long pending Car wash unit that delivers 130bar pressure from Black & Decker, costing us Rs 6509/-
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-imag_0702.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-imag_0704.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-imag_0703.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-imag_0705.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 22:53   #1224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dont know the logic of putting the most used part of the fridge at the bottom where the bending over becomes a pain. Most odd looking fridge I must say.
It is not logic - it is physics.

The freezing liquid is circulated around the freezer compartment at the top. Cold air flows down by convection and cools the lower parts. Vegetables "require least cold", if I am permitted to put it that way.

What I want to know is, how do they beat the laws of physics when they put the freezer at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
They are really pushing the AMC down my throat.
This AMC is really worthless. You will still end up paying hefty sums on each visit.

Quote:
BHPians also need some advice regarding the Phillips Super silent Mixer HL1643 which comes with 3 jars & costing about 4K+. Does anyone own one? jars latching mechanism onto the mixer has broken on more than one occasion.
I have a philipps mixie and a Panasonic mixie. The phillips one is around 7 years old. Panasonic is around 7 months. THe ladies of the house prefer the phillips.

Also, "super silent" means the motor uses brushes, which are prone to wear. Maintenance free motors will be noisy.

Quote:
The other options are Bajaj, Morphy richards, Inalsa, somehow I am uncomortable with these brands. I rarely see Sumeet brand mixers on the shelves. How about Prestige brand of mixers, have got an exchange offer for Rs 1000/- off on the old mixer. Is it worth buying?
SOme brands were already mentioned, but you can also look at Maharaja, Butterfly, and Usha Lexus.

IMO, never go in for exchange - they will give you equivalent amount in cash discounts, if you put down cash - not credit cards.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 14:45. Reason: Fixing quote +
Old 21st August 2010, 23:23   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Folks,

thanks!
Mohan, we were in a similar spot few weeks back and between Siemens and IFB. we finally went for a IFB Steam Washer Dryer Consolidated Unit, you should be able to see the details on page 74, we are pretty happy using this machine in the last 2 weeks, our usage is quite heavy, even with this 9kg washer we run it twice a day, steam and dryer is reserved for occasional use

there are similar machines from LG as well which I noted that Sam Kapasi is using, you can take his review as well in case you decide to go this way

for IFB you will have to let me know so that I can arrange a factory direct, PM me in case you get interested. though please be aware that this model is not commercially launched yet

Last edited by Anupam : 21st August 2010 at 23:26.
Old 21st August 2010, 23:54   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It is not logic - it is physics.

The freezing liquid is circulated around the freezer compartment at the top. Cold air flows down by convection and cools the lower parts. Vegetables "require least cold", if I am permitted to put it that way.

What I want to know is, how do they beat the laws of physics when they put the freezer at the bottom.
Cold air flows down by gravity: it is heavy!

The freezer and the main compartment will surely use separate cooling coils. The freezer may be as low as -15C, whereas the fridge more likely around +5.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:55   #1227
Senior - BHPian

I dont know what to call it amongst the electric gadgets, its a manual gadget, I guess

I saw it on TV one day and thought it will be quite handy at home....searched on ebay and found it for Rs 375.00, including postage.

Unfortunately the Jars got damaged in transit but the seller replaced them both. I doubt that at such cost its the German one, but some wrote on internet that there are cheap imitations but Genius brand is good enough, which is what I bought.

Have chopped Onions, cucumber and Tomatoes for Salad and Omelets. Not to mention that the French fries came out well too.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:33   #1228
Senior - BHPian

@Pavan - You've got a impossible price for the LG; 2 weeks back, I was quoted around 19K for 5.5 Kg for LG direct drive. Is this Tromm & direct drive one at the same?
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:18   #1229
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Pavan - You've got a impossible price for the LG; 2 weeks back, I was quoted around 19K for 5.5 Kg for LG direct drive. Is this Tromm & direct drive one at the same?
I agree !! I've been quoted 21k for this in most places !! Pavan, mind telling us how you got that deal? I need to pick this up in a couple of days.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:39   #1230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I agree !! I've been quoted 21k for this in most places !! Pavan, mind telling us how you got that deal? I need to pick this up in a couple of days.
Well, i need to show you guys my Metro Bill for that Its exactly Rs. 17999/-

I was just in time before the "INDEPENDENCE DAY OFFER" expired.

Sorry NIP, you were late, but still as you told me today's offer @ Rs. 20500/- Its a great deal, please pick it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks