Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 13:34   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Yep, I have a phillips too, works fine for the last 3 years.

@AWD, I am having nightmares with my LG Micro Convection oven, reconsider.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:36   #1352
Team-BHP Support

AWD, thanks for the quick reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@AWD, I am having nightmares with my LG Micro Convection oven, reconsider.
This when even i was thinking in terms of LG. :(
So, which one do you suggest? Samsung?
Old 27th September 2010, 13:39   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, any idea about mixie's ?

Panasonic vs Prestige vs Preethi.

The Pana's also made in India.
Why not Philips?. I have one for the past 3 years and is working well without any problem.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:46   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Pana's also made in India.
Sharing my experience with mixie that we bought last year.

We were looking for mixie with juicer attachment & zeroed in with 3 brands; Philips, Preethi (Blue leaf Platinum) & Butterfly. We were little biased with Preethi due to its style (may be the ads had influence) & they'd a killer price last year. Butterfly was in second place especially the Desire even we knew the cost was exorbidant. However Butterfly has a good service, atleast here in Chennai. Philips, we'd called up the customer care & they promised to call me back through some techy guy but they didn't (yes they called up after we bought one).

We went to buy mixies based on...
1. Low wattage & high RPM
2. Good service

Finally we settled for Butterfly Emerald as it had low wattage consumption than Preethi & we knew for sure it had good support. We also read some complaints with blue leaf model that we wanted (a review in mouthshut where the tomatoes threw up in air half way grinding) & the guy in store also agreed to this point to an extent. Also we found the locks on Butterfly better than Preethi. We read a review that Preethi's Chefpro+ is an excellent VFM product however...
1. There was no discount
2. Chefpro+ was not available on most of the stores (atleast 3-4 of them)
3. Price of Chefpro+ was more than Blueleaf; irony being Blueleaf is premium product than Chefpro

So finally we settled with Butterfly Emerald

PS - Prestige & Preethi are from same group of companies - TTK
Old 27th September 2010, 13:47   #1355
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am having nightmares with my LG Micro Convection oven, reconsider.
Oh, I was taken in by their price & pre-cook menus!

Saw Whirlpool too but wasn't impressed.

Samsung are comparatively expensive.

How's IFB? Im concerned about their a.s.s/costs.

@Ben, welcome

Check out Whirlpool & IFB.

Panasonic Micro + Grill costs ~5k but convection models are expensive.

@Condor: The Philips Blender I have:
http://www.philips.co.in/c/juicers-a...hr2084_90/prd/

Last edited by AWD : 27th September 2010 at 13:51.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:47   #1356
BHPian

New LG Washing Machine

I bought a new LG 8068LDP yesterday. My Electrolux washing machine EW-1045F retired after close to 10 years of service without an issue. Initially I thought of repairing it, but realized the foolishness of it soon, considering it reached the end of life.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:56   #1357
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Oh, I was taken in by their price & pre-cook menus!

Samsung are comparatively expensive.
Even I was considering the LG. they seemed to be the most VFM. They had a rotisserie model for around 11K retail ( MRP was 12.x K)

Esteem_lover, what the issue you are facing with LG? Most reviews have rated LG provided better A.S.S than other brands.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:02   #1358
BANNED

What I like in LG (also I think Panasonic) is the Infrared Grill with a Quartz heater. Heats (and cools) in a jiffy. I have had an LG Microwave with Grill for over a decade with no issues whatsoever.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:35   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even I was considering the LG. they seemed to be the most VFM. They had a rotisserie model for around 11K retail ( MRP was 12.x K)

Esteem_lover, what the issue you are facing with LG? Most reviews have rated LG provided better A.S.S than other brands.
Hope you have been thru earlier threads where this has been discussed in detail. Samsungs are ceramic coated. They also look much better and the finish seems better (compared to LG). And I don't recall Samsungs being more expensive (maybe marginally)? Hope you have compared prices at other places. Only issue is that the min size all the shops I looked in was 28 lt. So if you want a smaller one, you may have to look at other brands. Hope you are comparing prices for same sized models.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:51   #1360
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even I was considering the LG. they seemed to be the most VFM.
Most reviews have rated LG provided better A.S.S than other brands.
Completely agree. Have other Home appliances which are LG & have been serving good since a decade or so.

Model to model, Samsung are surely priced higher than LG & I think steel finish on the inside is superior to ceramic.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:08   #1361
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Hope you have been thru earlier threads where this has been discussed in detail. Samsungs are ceramic coated. They also look much better and the finish seems better (compared to LG). And I don't recall Samsungs being more expensive (maybe marginally)? Hope you have compared prices at other places. Only issue is that the min size all the shops I looked in was 28 lt. So if you want a smaller one, you may have to look at other brands. Hope you are comparing prices for same sized models.
I did see samsung also..though didnt compare them extensively. At the first glance, it looked like samsung is 1-1.5K more expensive than LG for similar configuration. Also, only LG had models with motorised rotesserie just like in OTGs.I am not sure how much it will be of use to me though. Just that i decided to buy the appliance with max features so that i dont regret later.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:58   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Worth noting, when you buy a microwave, that however impressive the array of buttons may be, you will mostly just set the time and press start!

In terms of features, a new thing has come along since I was last buying: steam cooking. Has anybody got any experience with this?
Old 27th September 2010, 17:02   #1363
BHPian

My reason of going for Samsung microwave was based on just this one fact.

Samsung is the largest manufacturer of 'magnetron' - the technology that generates the
microwave.

IMHO everything else is branding and marketing wars between companies.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:33   #1364
BANNED

The LG 1203 washer dryer combo I got on Tuesday last was finally installed and demo'ed today.

Apparently, the service guys (it is run by some franchisee) need to pull up their socks. There is plenty of communication gap (err.. only gap, no communication, IMO) between them. The service center knew we had a service request, but were thinking that it is for a repair!!!

The service request was lodged by dealer around 8 PM by the dealer. (the "company showroom" turned out to be a dealer franchisee, after all, run by a reputed dealer from Thrissur). The service center contacted us only by noon on Friday, and question was "saar, what is the complaint?". I did not raise a ruckus only because we had asked the dealer to get the installation done on Saturday.

We asked him to come on Saturday evening, and at 4.30 PM, we call the service center asking why nobody has contacted us so far. We are told that somebody has been sent, but nobody turns up. Everybody at home is worked up - we have lost one day our weekly outing together.

At 10 AM today, while I am in office, I get a call from the technician. He turns upat 6.00 PM and finishes off the job. Reasonably competent; except that he calls the drying process "ironing". "The machine will do the ironing, saar" says he.

This is certainly not whisper silent. Obviously, levelling has not been done properly. But if your neighbour upgraded his bike from Yezdi classic to a Pulsar you certainly will be happy, right? In that way, I am happy.

Quote:
Guys, any idea about mixie's ?

That ought to be Phillips vs. Prestigee Vs. Preethi.

Consider Sujatha too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I bought a new LG 8068LDP yesterday.
Hi!!! Got it installed?
Old 28th September 2010, 08:04   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Just one question to you @BSD - Why didn't you install it by yourself? I'm sure its not a rocket science for you. The moment they didn't turn up on Saturday, you could've got it installed by yourself isn't it? Allow them to come on Monday & ask them to explain the features & give a demo to people at home.

Mine was delayed by an hour & I went ahead & installed the product. When the person from Whirlpool came, I asked him to give a demo to Wifey & Mother & asked them to take notes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks