Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 09:31   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Can you pls post a pic of the black stuff ?
+1

Quote:
It has to be rubber IMO.
I initially guessed it should be a rat mesh or something.

Quote:
Why would you do that ?
I ASSUME, its for the clothes to circulate up & down added to it front & back probably to ensure more thorough cleaning.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:15   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
guys, help me finalize on a chimney...we are bengalis and cook non veg daily(fish).

looking at 1000m3 suction capacity
3 mode operation preferable(i.e 500/750/1000 or similar)
metal blowers(reliability & lower sound than plastics). I have heard faber uses plastic fans
ofcourse good service

Please let me know of models that would suit my requirements.
Being a Bengali I can sympathise with you. Here is my observation

1. Lot of frying = lot of oil sucked by the chimney
2. If the chimney has only a 3 or 4 layer mesh, oil will start dripping in two days, hence find one with an absorbent layer above the mesh, the type which has charcoal in it
3. With our style of cooking you have to clean the mesh at least once a week, and if there is a carbon absorbent layer every two weeks.
4. Have a chimney with a very high suction capacity and a high CFM, that will ensure that all the smoke is channeled to the chimney and not spread and coat every thing in the kitchen!
5. The chimney should ideally be at least 30cm wider than the cooking stove/range. My experience is that a 1m wide one is way better than the 60cm ones.

What we may not realise is that a lot of oil accumulates in the chimney and if it is not cleaned promptly, can lead to a fire. My chimney caught fire five years ago, when we neglected to clean it for a month. There after we are very prompt in cleaning every week.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:08   #1683
BHPian

I need to buy a front loading washing machine (Pref, fully automatic), we are using IFB senator since last 3 yrs without any problem, but the wash time and noise, are matter of concern. Few members have posted their concern regarding the product quality of IFB, off late.I checked the price of senator, I was quoted 22.5k. I have a budget of 25k, have read some good things about LG front loaders.

Till now I have no preferences, IFB is in consideration due to previous experience; I am open for suggestions and recommendation for 25k budget front loader.

Last edited by Gill : 30th November 2010 at 11:09.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:18   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

I ASSUME, its for the clothes to circulate up & down added to it front & back probably to ensure more thorough cleaning.
Does that mean that the tilted drum front loading washing machines from godrej and videocon are actually better at washing than the regular ones? If so, I might consider those paying a little extra. Any feedback about these machines?
Old 30th November 2010, 11:29   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
I need to buy a front...I am open for suggestions and recommendation for 25k budget front loader.
If you're happy with IFB, go for it. Just go back few pages & you can see a whole lot of discussion on WM's discussed to death; most of the pros & cons have been discussed.

PS - Not to offend you, but just a word of caution; do not buy things based on budget. Buy things based on needs or wants. When one goes to a restaurant, they never say, give me food for Rs XX, they only buy what they like to have. If you buy things based on your needs, you'll never regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Does that mean that...Any feedback about these machines?
No; I only ASSUME, it might be wrong though.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:48   #1686
BHPian

Any views on the following three LG front loaders:-
LG Compare

8068 & 1068 doesn't have Inverter direct drive washer, where as 1056 has it, and with some additional features like:-Temp Range, Fault diagnosis, remaining time, etc.
Does these features command extra price being charged for?

@I fail to find difference in 1068 & 8068, here is the link:-
http://admin.pis.lge.com/PDFServlet....&localeCode=in

@aargee, we all have different views on way to define budget, need and wants.

Last edited by Gill : 30th November 2010 at 11:58.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:07   #1687
BHPian

Quote:

@aargee, we all have different views on way to define budget, need and wants.
LG is charging 2K more just for faster Spin Speed options! In fact it chould have been priced same since both have only 3 spin speed settings

@aargee I think he meant that his budget is upto 25K and is soliciting options for Front Load WMs upto that price range. Of course one wouldn't pay a fixed price for anything if one get's a better product cheaper, right.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:10   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's good to hear

I guess they're now manufacturing more with Indian components to save cost.

So @Racoon, what happened finally? I guess the problem still exists on your TV isn't it? If you'd like to give a shot to some top guy, PM me your mail ID & I'll send the contact across to you.

Here's my experience...
Problem - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2097893-post.html
Resolution - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2096047-post.html
Hey thanks mate! Called the service guy in the morning and he said he will drop by in the afternoon. When I mentioned the flickering problem to him, he coolly said Tata Sky connections flicker and it isn't tv's problem! He said he would come to check on the screen turning off problem though. I didn't have time to argue, so told him we will discuss when he comes personally.

I absolutely hate products that need repairs. Most of the times they never work like before.

Lets see what he does today... will ask you for the ids if the issue isn't resolved.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th November 2010 at 13:11.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:22   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I absolutely hate products that need repairs. Most of the times they never work like before.
Me too! We are always going on about the importance of service standards, but the fact is that all this domestic equipment should just not need any service for three to five years!

The black stuff

by popular demand:

The Home Appliance thread-blackstuff.jpg

But I'm afraid that, as I suspected, it just looks like a square of black stuff!
Old 30th November 2010, 13:24   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
I need to buy a front loading washing machine (Pref, fully automatic), we are using IFB senator since last 3 yrs without any problem, but the wash time and noise, are matter of concern. Few members have posted their concern regarding the product quality of IFB, off late.I checked the price of senator, I was quoted 22.5k. I have a budget of 25k, have read some good things about LG front loaders.

Till now I have no preferences, IFB is in consideration due to previous experience; I am open for suggestions and recommendation for 25k budget front loader.
I would suggest going for Siemens Front Load fully automatic washing machines out of my personal experience. I am continuing to use one for last 11 years without any issues, with superb wash quality and low usage of water. Not to forget I even had location shifting twice duing these years from Pune-Bangalore-Pune by movers nad packers.

Siemens washing machines are not that well advertised but they have got a great reputation; I happened to choose it on similar mouth publicity report.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:40   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
he coolly said Tata Sky connections flicker and it isn't tv's problem!
Morons!!! roast them royaly, when they come in the evening; they think every customer is a fool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Me too!
Who does like a product that is troublesome ?

But I would like to ask you & Thad sir few questions...
- Is the air quality the same as it was 5 years ago or is the water pollutant level the same?
- Are we doing necessary servicing? For instance, the motor in the WM's needs some lubrication in between; though the company might claim its not required, the dust in air is increasing everyday is bound to accumulate within the motor. We cannot see it though.
- Most importantly, are we all getting a steady 220V 50hz output? Absolutely NO

None of the things are troublefree these days, be it WM, Fridge, Grinder, Mixie, Oven or anything.

My point is, things are bound to get repaired sooner or later, but again I wouldn't expect them to get repaired within 3-5 years. If I'm able to get an electronic appliance working more than 5 years, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The black stuff

But I'm afraid that, as I suspected, it just looks like a square of black stuff!
But...what is this? Looks like a small sheet of plywood to me!!! Is it the rat mesh or something? What does the installation or owner's manual say about this part in the parts identification?
Old 30th November 2010, 14:26   #1692
BANNED

@Gill: 800rm v 1000rpm spin. Can make a big difference, clothes spun at 1000 dry faster.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:42   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the tub is hanging on suspension so if you tilt it more than 2 degrees, the suspension is gonna adjust the weight transfer and bring the tub back to its stock position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Does that mean that the tilted drum front loading washing machines from godrej and videocon are actually better at washing than the regular ones? If so, I might consider those paying a little extra. Any feedback about these machines?
Tilted drum machines are all crap in terms of its washing capability.
It doesn't use the full volume of tub, hence poor washing efficiency.
Water and clothes will get concentrated to one corner of the tub b'cos of the angle.

Quote:

1068 and 8068 have different motors hence, different spin RPM.
The front panel is also different.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:45   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Gill: 800rm v 1000rpm spin. Can make a big difference, clothes spun at 1000 dry faster.
Yes they surely do dry faster, but do they dry Rs. 2000 worth faster? IMO F1056LDP seems better because of the higher spin speeed and Bio Care option, IF you are going to use those options. Otherwise the cheaper options should work just as good.

Quote:
No, the tub is hanging on suspension so if you tilt it more than 2 degrees, the suspension is gonna adjust the weight transfer and bring the tub back to its stock position.

Tilted drum machines are all crap in terms of its washing capability.
It doesn't use the full volume of tub, hence poor washing efficiency.
Water and clothes will get concentrated to one corner of the tub b'cos of the angle.

1068 and 8068 have different motors hence, different spin RPM.
The front panel is also different.
kpzen that is most detailed and technical explanation of these WM queries I have read here. Thanks for clarifying my doubts on the alleged superiority of the tilted drum WMs. My wife will be happy to hear that the tilted drum WMs are out of consideration since she was never for it anyways.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2010 at 15:00. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 30th November 2010, 15:08   #1695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But...what is this? Looks like a small sheet of plywood to me!!! Is it the rat mesh or something? What does the installation or owner's manual say about this part in the parts identification?
Misunderstanding! It did not come with the machine, but is left over from the installation of our pressure pump several years ago. The engineer said it would minimise the vibration.

As to the environmental aspects that you mention, India is indeed a hard place, especially for delicate electronics, but my view is that if it sold in India then it should be fit for Indian conditions. If it is manufactured in India, then even more so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks