Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 18:10   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I had taken 3ltr pressure cooker to USA (check-in bag).
Old 8th December 2010, 19:50   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Wrote two emails to their service id and also head office. No reply till that. Not even an auto-response.
Well, sry about your bad experiences.
Well, how about shooting an email to all the guys out there listed in this doco? http://www.onida.com/financial/Inves...nformation.pdf

These guys must be one of the big shots & like you said, I guess Mr.Jain might've quit (probably MIRC defaulted on his pay cheque )
Old 8th December 2010, 20:36   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well, sry about your bad experiences.
Well, how about shooting an email to all the guys out there listed in this doco? http://www.onida.com/financial/Inves...nformation.pdf

These guys must be one of the big shots & like you said, I guess Mr.Jain might've quit (probably MIRC defaulted on his pay cheque )
Lol, seems like that might be perfectly possible, given their dwindling product quality!

As for the pdf file you have linked to above, I can see email ids of only the Company Secretary! I feel it might be inappropriate to email service/support issues to them.

This junk cost 30 k approx. to buy + extended warranty for two years(forced to take mainly because of power switch failures) + Rs. 1,500 (current issue)

And after paying this, it lasted just a bit over 3 years.

I think I'm done with Onida.

Last edited by Raccoon : 8th December 2010 at 20:50.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:02   #1759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
As for the pdf file you have linked to above, I can see email ids of only the Company Secretary! I feel it might be inappropriate to email service/support issues to them.

Litigation is usually handled by the co. secretary.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:33   #1760
Senior - BHPian

^^^Sorry, saw your post just now.

Anyway, they delivered the tv back couple of days ago. They said they tv did not switch itself off a single time and they kept it for observation whole of two days or so. So they delivered it back as it was.

Since they delivered it back, it has switched itself off about twice in 2 days. So the frequency has somehow gone down a lot. The slight flicker issue is still there. I don't think this set is worth keeping anymore.

Whats more, one of the mails I sent to one of their email ids on their website (about a week ago) bounced back TODAY!! There have been no reply from anyone, assuming the other mail got thru. Not even an auto-response.

So its absolutely clear that Onida isn't interested in consumer complaints anymore.

Buy their junk at own peril.

Last edited by Raccoon : 13th December 2010 at 13:35.
Old 13th December 2010, 14:04   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Absolutely , you can carry cooker but no pressure inside. . Recently my office colleague had carried it but unfortunately he left it behind for lack of luggage space.

Yes, it would be carried in check in luggage. I heard that most airlines have reduced the check in luggage weight, dont know how much.
Buddy, do take along some gaskets/valve and the rubber rings as if one of them gets damaged, it might be difficult finding spares in the UK for that particular model.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:09   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it will. Pressure cookers are much more expensive affairs in UK --- but how often does one need spares? The cooker that I have here, from UK, is over 15 years old, and has never needed anything replacing. Granted, it is not used that often, but with rubber parts, natural ageing can be as much a factor as actual use.
Old 15th December 2010, 04:07   #1763
BHPian

Microwave Burned

my Bajaj microwave oven which was quite old, i think 8-9 years atleast burned yesterday.

there was a power cut and accidentally i left the switch to ON, as soon as power was restore i heard some strange sound from kitchen and as i entered the kitchen it was smelling like burned wires, turned off the power switch and open the microwave and oops, it was full of SMOKE

Have no idea how it got burnt, a few hours back it warmed the food and had no sign of such problem.
The Home Appliance thread-cooked.jpg
The Toasted Microwave

Need to buy one in a few days, confused with brands.
Should i go for Microwave with Oven or simple one as we already have a OTG.

Budget strictly under 7-8k.
Old 15th December 2010, 10:09   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Re: Microwave Burned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Need to buy one in a few days, confused with brands.
Should i go for Microwave with Oven or simple one as we already have a OTG.

Budget strictly under 7-8k.
Buy a simple microwave with no heater or rotisserie. Most of us do not need these functions, but end up paying premium prices for them. Try and get as large an oven as your budget permits, so that while re-heating you can place larger vessels.
Old 15th December 2010, 10:30   #1765
BHPian

Re: Door/Security Alarm System?

I am looking for security/door alarm systems for my home in b'lore. Please let me know about some of the better brands and models available in b'lore.

Thanks.
Old 15th December 2010, 10:37   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Door/Security Alarm System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am looking for security/door alarm systems for my home in b'lore. Please let me know about some of the better brands and models available in b'lore.

Thanks.
3 brands that I know of are Godrej, Zicom and Honeywell. There may be many small companies which provide these security features. Just google and find out which suits your needs and is available in your location.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:24   #1767
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking at vendors for getting modular kitchen cabinets & trolleys.

I looked few vendors who import the shutter but manufacture other parts in Bangalore itself and they are 40% cheaper than complete imports like Bernolis.

If anyone has any experience with either in terms of quality, price & service, do let me know. Also if you have any other recommendations.
Old 24th December 2010, 22:48   #1768
BHPian

For anybody contemplating a LG appliance, here's a sad story we're going through right now.

The control panel of our microwave oven [7647UL] conked off. Means : the start button is pressed automatically. This means, if the main power is on and the door is shut, the microwave will start automatically. Also means you have to resort to jugaads to keep the product working.

The engineer visited and said that the panel has to be changed. But as luck would have it, the part was not in stock.

It's been more than 20 days since then.

Calls to the service centre have become a daily routine. On further pressurizing, we are given alternate numbers of various places which, presumably, are involved in the warranty process. No useful response, no action.

To be fair to LG : They have been quick to rectify other two of our complaints , a broken shelf in out refrigerator [338 VT5] and a broken rotating ring in the oven, as presumably they were common components and were easily procurable.

But God help you when/if you happen to own a not-so-popular/out of production model. And that too from a brand that's known for its service. They seem to have no stock of the panel anywhere, and they won't definitely come to you and say "We're sorry, but we don't have the defective part. Hence we offer you a similar model as replacement".
Old 24th December 2010, 22:51   #1769
UKR
BHPian

I have been on the lookout for a front loading washing machine for some time now and have zeroed in on the cheapest model in LG direct drive series (8068LDP). Chroma is quoting 19900 for this model. Any one here using this model could you give feedback please? Is there any other better offerings from the competition? Also where would I be able to get the lowest quote for the same in Bangalore?
Old 24th December 2010, 23:33   #1770
BHPian

I need to replace a 1.5 t window ( Hitachi). Going for a split. suggestions please! Ty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks