Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 14:13   #1831
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

as the current house is a rented one, i would have to shift the washing machine to new place in near future.
so how difficult is it to move front loaders?

as of now, i have these 2 model details:

top load :
LG - WF-T7519SG :
MRP: Rs 15,500
Best Price: Rs 12,800

front load:
LG - F8068LDP
MRP: Rs 20,990
Best Price: Rs 17,780
Old 6th January 2011, 14:29   #1832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
So unless you are using a MW with its door open (highly improbable) or are standing in the line of sight of leakage, the waves disperse off fast after leaking.
My LG microwave wont even turn on if its door isnt closed. So, i would assume most others too would come with this feature.

Between, we use the microwave regularly for heating food from the refrigerator. Are you guys saying this is dangerous?

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
That's 99% of what it is used for.

The radiation is harmful for body tissues of babies in a mothers womb.
I agree with the first part, but my apprehension was more in terms of the effects of using it on a long term basis.

Granted that we do not stand in front of it once turned on, what are the other possibilities when using the microwave for any detrimental effects to self?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th January 2011 at 14:40. Reason: Replying to post below
Old 6th January 2011, 14:34   #1833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Between, we use the microwave regularly for heating food from the refrigerator. Are you guys saying this is dangerous?
That's 99% of what it is used for.

The radiation is harmful for body tissues of babies in a mothers womb.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:05   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
to shift the washing machine to new place in near future.
Why would it be any different from moving top loaders? My IFB front loader came with a (for lack of a better term) screw which is supposed to be used to keep the drum from moving during movement. But, I think that is just for additional safety (and long distance moves) than anything else cause when the IFB guys took the WM for repair, they never bothered about it.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:47   #1835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Why would it be any different from moving top loaders? My IFB front loader came with a (for lack of a better term) screw which is supposed to be used to keep the drum from moving during movement. But, I think that is just for additional safety (and long distance moves) than anything else cause when the IFB guys took the WM for repair, they never bothered about it.
The same was the case when we shifted from our previous apartment to the current one. The packers and movers people were careful not to mishandle the machine, and it was transported without the bolt being set.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:52   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
top load :
LG - WF-T7519SG :
Check the date of mfg before buying.
Old 6th January 2011, 20:20   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
My LG microwave wont even turn on if its door isnt closed. So, i would assume most others too would come with this feature.

EDIT :

I agree with the first part, but my apprehension was more in terms of the effects of using it on a long term basis.

Granted that we do not stand in front of it once turned on, what are the other possibilities when using the microwave for any detrimental effects to self?
Based on tests, no long or short term ill effects have been found by using MW on food.

Even for standing in front, the waves disperse completely into the atmosphere for a leaking MW weakening it completely if you are beyond 12 inches.
Old 6th January 2011, 22:33   #1838
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
as the current house is a rented one, i would have to shift the washing machine to new place in near future.

top load :
LG - WF-T7519SG :

front load:
LG - F8068LDP
MRP: Rs 20,990
Best Price: Rs 17,780
Wow that(F8068LDP) is a steal at that price! I think shifting a top loader or a front loader would require about the same effort. Both occupy almost same volume even though the front loader might be a bit heavier I suspect but not sure since I have not used a top loader. But that shouldn't be an issue since the movers and packers wouldn't mind as long as it is of same volume. F8068LDP has four transit bolts to arrest the drum from moving around while it is being transported.
Old 7th January 2011, 00:58   #1839
Team-BHP Support

Guys one quick question. Now that my MW has suddenly packed off I am in the market to buy a new one. And this time I'm looking for a top of the line thing. It not only needs to be great in terms of feature but also a looker. In this respect the smart ovens, also called speed ovens by some, have caught my fancy. LG has it's SolarDom whereas Samsung sells it's range of smart ovens.

Only problems are the humongous size and the outrageous prices. Not to talk about something as unconventional as no turntable in Samsung. Still I just am hooked to these skilled beauties, however even after scouring the net I have not found any convincing ownership reports or good reviews. Most reviews are just a rehash of the manufacturers marketing materials.

So has anyone in this forum got any experience with these new age MWs?
Old 7th January 2011, 07:57   #1840
BHPian

Quote:

top load :
LG - WF-T7519SG :

front load:
LG - F8068LDP
The F8068LDP weighs in at 60 kgs. Check the weight of the top-loader. The top loader may be slightly larger, though. But I don't think weight should be a factor unless one lives in a building with weak floors and foundations. Washing efficacy and efficiency should be the primary considerations (my opinion, others may disagree), and in this, it's hard to beat front-loaders.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:47   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMonk View Post
The F8068LDP weighs in at 60 kgs. Check the weight of the top-loader. The top loader may be slightly larger, though. But I don't think weight should be a factor unless one lives in a building with weak floors and foundations. Washing efficacy and efficiency should be the primary considerations (my opinion, others may disagree), and in this, it's hard to beat front-loaders.
My concern was that front loaders will get easily damaged as compared to top-loaders. So now with these replies, i think both have similar transportation issues.

F8068LDP takes load of 5.5kg and wifey has asked for atleast 6-6.5kg one.

I have a 2.5yr old kid and so we need atleast 6kg one, as everyday we have lots of baby clothes, bed sheets (alternate days) to be washed.
And on weekends, we have extra load of office wears.

overall, based on compareindia.in.com site details, LG top loaders looks to have more features packed (with similar specification) when compared to whirlpool and samsung top loaders.

yesterday, the LG top load model of WF-T7519SG was quoted for around 14k.

Will be checking out LG store again on saturday.
Will be finalizing based on this visit
Old 7th January 2011, 14:01   #1842
BHPian

can someone clarify on the differences between front loading and top loading and why front loading ones are always more expensive! I have always used a front loading LG (100% dry model referenced earlier) however my mom wants to get a top loading one at our house in pune cos it seems she saw some horror movies with dead people rotating inside the front loading washing machines :-P
Old 7th January 2011, 14:31   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
can someone clarify on the differences between front loading and top loading and why front loading ones are always more expensive!
Front Loaders are expensive bcos
- The outcase has a chassis frame on which the tub is suspended.
- Manufacturing Front loader tub is quite complex.
- Universal motor that run at different RPMs.
- PCB has more functions.
- Front door is electronically controlled.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:58   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My concern was that front loaders will get easily damaged as compared to top-loaders. So now with these replies, i think both have similar transportation issues.

F8068LDP takes load of 5.5kg and wifey has asked for atleast 6-6.5kg one.

I have a 2.5yr old kid and so we need atleast 6kg one, as everyday we have lots of baby clothes, bed sheets (alternate days) to be washed.
And on weekends, we have extra load of office wears.

overall, based on compareindia.in.com site details, LG top loaders looks to have more features packed (with similar specification) when compared to whirlpool and samsung top loaders.

yesterday, the LG top load model of WF-T7519SG was quoted for around 14k.

Will be checking out LG store again on saturday.
Will be finalizing based on this visit
We have this LG top loading 6.5kg machine since over a year and almost every day it is being used. Till now we have not faced any problems and my wife is quite happy with the wash quality.
Overall we are happy with the performance. If you are buying this machine you can bargain for a 4 year warranty , try your luck.

Last edited by tj123 : 7th January 2011 at 14:59.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:23   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned "baby" you may consider one that has heating to 90-95 deg C for better cleaning of cottons. I think (only) front-loaders have this, and are more efficient as the amount of water used for the wash-cycle is less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks