Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2012, 18:43   #2836
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

@ARoy, while agreeing with the tone of your post, one heaters are pretty old hat. Mullion has been around since the two door, and deicer since the frost free. Both probably older than well over three decades.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:45   #2837
BHPian

Eddy is that the best price you are getting ?
We got it for roughly 29.5k last year same time (same model - non inverter)
its an excellent model. I can vouch for it.
I got it from panasonic brand shop in malviya nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Will be buying a Panasonic 414L tomorrow. About 32k.
Old 16th April 2012, 17:19   #2838
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
Eddy is that the best price you are getting ?
We got it for roughly 29.5k last year same time (same model - non inverter)
its an excellent model. I can vouch for it.
I got it from panasonic brand shop in malviya nagar.
Thanks Deep. This is the non-negotiated price from Panasonic Brand Shop in Dwarka.

Will find more details. Was 29.5k after exchange with your old fridge ?
Old 17th April 2012, 15:34   #2839
BHPian

No, it was negotiated price (paid in cash).
I was quoted between 33k (noida TGIP) to 31K (lajpat) but found this shop best.
they took my old fridge (180L Double door) for 2k. So eventually it costed me 27.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks Deep. This is the non-negotiated price from Panasonic Brand Shop in Dwarka.

Will find more details. Was 29.5k after exchange with your old fridge ?

Last edited by deeps79 : 17th April 2012 at 15:35. Reason: added information
Old 18th April 2012, 08:19   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Folks am in the market currently hunting for a refrigerator to replace my 4 year old LG 290ltrs workhorse. This one has served us flawlessly without any problems. However the need for a bigger refrigerator has gotten me into this search mode.

Am looking at something in the range of 350 ltrs or above and in the price range 35-40k. Any suggestions ?
Old 18th April 2012, 09:06   #2841
BANNED

I have a couple of LG's both 10 years or more old. I find them excellent. Also, LG service (at least in Kanpur) is exemplary. I had to call then a few times for my old washing machine. One piece of advice. You will find 2-3 models with the same front dimensions. The capacity is changed by changing the depth. So watch out on that parameter.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:21   #2842
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Folks am in the market currently hunting for a refrigerator to replace my 4 year old LG 290ltrs workhorse. This one has served us flawlessly without any problems. However the need for a bigger refrigerator has gotten me into this search mode.

Am looking at something in the range of 350 ltrs or above and in the price range 35-40k. Any suggestions ?
LG has 350 litre fridges from around 26-27K onwards, I think. If you are satisfied with LG why look for another brand. LG easily has the best service as per my experience and quality is also good.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:36   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. However here is the catch, with the better half is involved its always about nit picking and a double door is quite old fashioned now. Yeah this is the theory from the home ministry.

I looked at a few models from Toshiba and hitachi which has the bottom freezer. The prices were over the roof though.

Never have tried Samsung or Haier , what's your take on it ?
Old 18th April 2012, 10:30   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Riju,

Depends a lot on your usage. Bottom freezers are good where non-veg consumption is huge, mostly successful in Gulf countries.
With bottom freezers, you lose out refrigerator space. So, do evaluate that before buying.

Check out panasonic vegerator.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:42   #2845
Senior - BHPian

kp thanks man. What's your take on the LG GL-528YEX4 Double Door Refrigerator ? I will need to scout around for the Panasonic range of refrigerators.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:02   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Riju,

Depends a lot on your usage. Bottom freezers are good where non-veg consumption is huge, mostly successful in Gulf countries.
With bottom freezers, you lose out refrigerator space. So, do evaluate that before buying.

Check out panasonic vegerator.
While buying hitachi 3 door (with bottom freezer) I had done comparisions for freezer space and it is least in % terms in hitachi 3 door (especally the 450 ltr one) (so max refrigerator space). Panasonic bottom freezer ones have bigger freezer again in % terms. 2 doors with top frezers have lesser refrigerator space than hitachi 3 door.

You can check the capacities of each sections here
Hitachi 3 door : http://www.hitachi-hli.com/pdfs/Hita...rigerators.pdf

Sample 2 door with top freezer : Samsung 2 door : RT45LSPN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

Edit: The only issue when comparing hitachi 3 door with others is its star rating - It is not rated (probably because there is none other to compare with?) and hence you cannot judge it in those terms. Further it is one of the very few refrigerators which have power consumption / rated current specified unlike the star rated ones which do not specify this info (or I might hav enot searched hard enough).
So I had checked other asian sites where these are sold and these ranks high when it comes to efficiency which was a deciding factor.

Last edited by alto99 : 18th April 2012 at 11:09.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:28   #2847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kp thanks man. What's your take on the LG GL-528YEX4 Double Door Refrigerator ? I will need to scout around for the Panasonic range of refrigerators.
For that kind of price, i think you should look at side by side door types as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Edit: The only issue when comparing hitachi 3 door with others is its star rating - It is not rated (probably because there is none other to compare with?) and hence you cannot judge it in those terms. Further it is one of the very few refrigerators which have power consumption / rated current specified unlike the star rated ones which do not specify this info (or I might hav enot searched hard enough).
So I had checked other asian sites where these are sold and these ranks high when it comes to efficiency which was a deciding factor.
Star rating is country based, Hitachi is all CBU, so they wouldn't have put much effort in getting star rating from BEE.

As per IS standard, all home appliance should declare the power consumption.
Its a big violation, if someone is not doing that. Most of them, mention it on the wiring diagram.

Last edited by kpzen : 19th April 2012 at 10:30.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:55   #2848
BHPian

Quote:

Moving from 290lts to 350 doesn't look like much of an upgrade. If within 4 years you have run out of space on 290 lts refrigerator, it will not be long before 350lts becomes overfull.
Will suggest you atleast go for 400lts. These things last for minimum of 10-15 years and unless you like to change them once every 4-5 years, it makes sense to go for something more than what you think you need today.

Regards,
Old 19th April 2012, 11:00   #2849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Moving from 290lts to 350 doesn't look like much of an upgrade. If within 4 years you have run out of space on 290 lts refrigerator, it will not be long before 350lts becomes overfull.
Will suggest you atleast go for 400lts. These things last for minimum of 10-15 years and unless you like to change them once every 4-5 years, it makes sense to go for something more than what you think you need today.

Regards,
Yupp makes sense, however the model I am looking at the LG GL-528YEX4 which is a 466 litres one .
Old 19th April 2012, 15:03   #2850
BHPian

Hey Guys,
Just saw this product on Flipkart : Flipkart: Milagrow Redhawk Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Vacuum Cleaner

Anybody here has any idea/experience in using this product? Sounds Funky!

--BB

Most Viewed