Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 09:11   #3016
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.
NR-BT263LH | Panasonic
Sometime back I was searching for refrigerators. It was fine look wise, but there was not much space to store water bottles.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:16   #3017
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.
NR-BT263LH | Panasonic
I have been using a Panasonic 342 litres model for the past 3 years, love it, zero niggles and wife loves the refrigerator at the top and freezer at the bottom design, as she does not have to bend down every time to search and get things out.
Old 5th August 2012, 12:55   #3018
BHPian

@ottocycle/rbp - thanks for your feedback. i am still considering other options under 20k. but i somehow get the feeling panasonics are much better built than their korean counterparts
Old 5th August 2012, 13:02   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
@ottocycle/rbp - thanks for your feedback. i am still considering other options under 20k. but i somehow get the feeling panasonics are much better built than their korean counterparts
Check out Whirlpool. They have a bigger Fridge section than the Freezer part.

When comparing Samsung/LG/Whirlpool in the same category (mine being a 280 lt), Whirlpool has an extra rack and is very spacious.

Moreover ownership has been troublefree all throughout the 4+ years.
Old 5th August 2012, 13:33   #3020
BHPian

which brand of friedge is recommended. Want to get a 190 L . I think approx pricing as i see would be around 10K. have an old Godrej which has lasted over 10 yrs. Not sure which brands are good these days... Especaiily would like to know brands to avoid.
Use would be light..
Old 6th August 2012, 18:19   #3021
Senior - BHPian

Need Help:

I want to buy a washing machine and am on tight budget of 7,000 INR only. Which is the most niggle free and good After sales service brand?

P.S: Searched this thread and most of the washing machines listed here are of high-end.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:49   #3022
BHPian

Just saw a product line from miele; Premium cooking appliances, washing machines, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners - Miele India, its supposedly a premium home appliances company.

Any one out here who has used any of the products and what has been the experience of the range so far?

S
Old 7th August 2012, 13:55   #3023
BANNED

Miele are the Rolls Royce of the Home Appliance industry with prices to match - al least 3x anybody else in the normal high end. For example most brands use a concrete block to counterbalance a washing machine, Miele uses a steel block!
Old 7th August 2012, 13:57   #3024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Need Help:

I want to buy a washing machine and am on tight budget of 7,000 INR only. Which is the most niggle free and good After sales service brand?

P.S: Searched this thread and most of the washing machines listed here are of high-end.
Get a 6kg Semi Auto machine from LG (Plastic body)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Just saw a product line from miele; Premium cooking appliances, washing machines, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners - Miele India, its supposedly a premium home appliances company.

Any one out here who has used any of the products and what has been the experience of the range so far?

S
Fantastic machines with steep pricing and unknown service backup
Old 7th August 2012, 14:31   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Need Help:

Whirlpool, 6.5kg semi automatic. Happy user since 4 years. Costed 7700 then.

Buy the largest size you can. Don't scrimp.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:36   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

LG Semi - Auto at Mom's place and Samsung Semi - Auto at mine.
both 6.5 Kgs.

After using 2 LG and 1 Samsung, found LG to be better.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2012, 17:16   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Get a 6kg Semi Auto machine from LG (Plastic body)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
LG Semi - Auto at Mom's place and Samsung Semi - Auto at mine.
both 6.5 Kgs.
After using 2 LG and 1 Samsung, found LG to be better.
Cheers
Thanks all for your much needed help. Finally bought the Videocon Typhoon Plus, 6Kg Semi Automatic for 5900 INR. I have a few of my cousins working in Videocon, so went for it, for hassle-free after sales service.

Buy Videocon Typhoon Plus Semi-Automatic 6 Kg Washing Machine - VS60B11 India Online- Find Price and Reviews for Videocon Typhoon Plus Semi-Automatic 6 Kg Washing Machine - VS60B11
Old 8th August 2012, 00:02   #3028
Senior - BHPian

3x is right, the range in our markets starts at 1.5L ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Miele are the Rolls Royce of the Home Appliance industry with prices to match - al least 3x anybody else in the normal high end. For example most brands use a concrete block to counterbalance a washing machine, Miele uses a steel block!

kpzen, after you put me on to them, I spoke to the business manager in their country office here in Dilli. Per the guy, they test 100% of their production and have a replacement policy in place(here), in case of a non functional machine and no immediate plans to have a service back up at the moment. Oh and their product range is phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Old 8th August 2012, 01:14   #3029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Really, yes! When I last looked at their washing machines, they were still had enamel (and I mean kiln-fused glass, not paint) steel cabinets, and were touted to be made to last over twenty years when other manufacturers didn;t say, but if you asked honest sales people they would say five to ten.

I lusted after a Miele like some people here lust after a Ferrari! Bosch was the closest I got. Bosch is pretty good, but not in Miele territory.

My mum went a little soft in her later years and let a salesman sell her a Miele dryer. I told her I could have got a second-hand car for the price. But it was good!

Having extolled their virtues... I don't think they have the same reputation with small appliances like vacuum cleaners
Old 8th August 2012, 12:13   #3030
BHPian

I am looking to buy a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. Having read very bad reviews of Eureka Forbes Service I am looking for some other brand, To my shock none of the electronics retail store (Croma, Reliance Digital, Girias etc, even flipkart) keep wet/dry cleaner. Any model you guys can recommend and where to purchase it from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks