Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2013, 22:47   #3421
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
SG sir & Viddy, could you give the model numbers of the one that you got ?

And any such problems:
Mine is this one: http://www.siemens-home.com/in/produ...?source=browse

7KG front loading. Working fine so far. fingers crossed.
Old 13th January 2013, 07:03   #3422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Viddy, your earlier post mentioned a dishwasher & I asked about one. The link above is for a washing machine !
Old 13th January 2013, 10:19   #3423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Viddy, your earlier post mentioned a dishwasher & I asked about one. The link above is for a washing machine !
For some strange reason Siemens website does not show any Dishwashers.

You can also look at Bosch. Both dishwashers are identical and it is like a branding exercise similar to Renault Scala and Nissan Sunny.

The one which I have is the Siemens equivalent of this one:

http://www.bosch-home.com/in/product...?source=browse

There are 4 models in Bosch and 3 in Siemens.

One is the top end model with stainless steel finish. The other is the top end model with normal white finish. The top end model has an LCD display as well as a timer function which you can program for delay start. The higher end model has an adjustable top rack via a lever.

The lower end model has 4 programs, no display. The rack height is also adjustable but you need to remove the shelf to change height.

In my opinion the lower one is the best option. It has what you need and is not complex so less things to go wrong.

ps: Ampere has the Bosch one.
Old 13th January 2013, 20:40   #3424
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There are 4 models in Bosch and 3 in Siemens.
FYI @Condor there is a Siemens brand shop now on CMH Road near the CMH /opp. MK Retail
Old 15th January 2013, 17:59   #3425

Dear friends,

I am trying to setup/furnish a new apartment at Akurdi, Pune where I would be moving in a few days. May I ask for some suggestions with respect to the below mentioned points? Suggestions for stores with best deals are also welcome!

1) Refrigerator: Between 300 to 400 Litres. Preferably one with a 4 or 5 star rating, long warranty coverage and good after sales service.

2) Water purifier: Looking for a good model with minimum maintenance.

3) Tube-lights/Fans: Simple and cost-effective fixtures with minimum power consumption.

4) Water heather: Looking for a instant water heater as of now.

Finally I'll really appreciate any pointers for best shops to buy kitchen utensils at Pune.
Old 26th January 2013, 13:41   #3426
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, Need help with suggestions/recommendations for a washing machine.
Our 7 year old IFB (Senorita) machine is acting up and the technician says motor needs to be replaced, will cost approximately 5.5K to replace (incl. labour) so I'm considering buying a new one. I'm kind of at a point where I've had enough with IFB - constant problems, too much noise, vibration, and their pathetic service
I was thinking of Siemens, Bosch, or some other brand, please suggest models based on your ownership experience keeping quality (durability) cost of spare parts and service in mind. (~6Kg capacity will suffice).
Also, instead of buying a fully automatic, is there merit in going with washer and dryer separately ? (Space is not a constraint but we've never had a separate dryer so will need to figure a place for it).

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2013 at 13:45.
Old 26th January 2013, 14:45   #3427
BANNED

@condor; Mine is LG F1256NDP - 6kg DD.
Old 26th January 2013, 15:27   #3428
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, instead of buying a fully automatic, is there merit in going with washer and dryer separately ?
Don't understand your question. I have a fully automatic washer and I also have a separate dryer. How does the separate dryer change your requirements for a fully automatic washer? You have to finish the spin dry part of the washer before you can put the clothes into a dryer. If you put soaking wet clothes in a dryer, you will be running your dryer for 4 hours per lot.

Last edited by carboy : 26th January 2013 at 15:31.
Old 26th January 2013, 17:22   #3429
Senior - BHPian

A fully automatic WM may not necessarily be equipped with 100% dryer function, unless the specifications actually mention the same.

Quote:
Also, instead of buying a fully automatic, is there merit in going with washer and dryer separately ? (Space is not a constraint but we've never had a separate dryer so will need to figure a place for it).
Old 26th January 2013, 17:37   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
A fully automatic WM may not necessarily be equipped with 100% dryer function, unless the specifications actually mention the same.
All of them have the spin dry imo.
I think you are talking of the clothes dryer that completely dries the clothes, you are right then.

Bht i guess NPV here wants a standard fully automatic washing machine.In general convention a spin/tumble dryer is considered which is builtin.

Last edited by k2max6 : 26th January 2013 at 17:40.
Old 26th January 2013, 18:18   #3431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Bht i guess NPV here wants a standard fully automatic washing machine.In general convention a spin/tumble dryer is considered which is builtin.
I have never seen a washing machine with a built-in tumble dryer. Unless, it's a separate unit which is just attached to the washing machine. All automatic washing machines do spin drying, but not tumble drying. Spin drying doesn't dry the clothes, it just makes it not soaking wet. Calling it drying is actually a misnomer. It's similar to what the maid does - wringing the clothes with hand before putting it to dry on a clothes line. Tumble drying, on the other hand, fully dries it. You can wear directly wear clothes you remove from a tumble dryer. I have been using tumble dryers for 17-18 years now - I don't think I can manage without a tumble dryer.

Last edited by carboy : 26th January 2013 at 18:21.
Old 26th January 2013, 19:12   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

I have never seen a washing machine with a built-in tumble dryer. Unless, it's a separate unit which is just attached to the washing machine. All automatic washing machines do spin drying, but not tumble drying. Spin drying doesn't dry the clothes, it just makes it not soaking wet. Calling it drying is actually a misnomer. It's similar to what the maid does - wringing the clothes with hand before putting it to dry on a clothes line. Tumble drying, on the other hand, fully dries it. You can wear directly wear clothes you remove from a tumble dryer. I have been using tumble dryers for 17-18 years now - I don't think I can manage without a tumble dryer.
Absolutely right. I had to write tumble dry in some other lines. I typed it along with spin dryer by mistake.
Old 26th January 2013, 19:35   #3433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think fully automatic is not a problem. The main issue I think is with electronics esp. the control panel. Get the one which has electro mechanical
switches rather than feather touch control panels. Not sure how reliable they are. Others should be able to comment on the same.
Old 26th January 2013, 19:58   #3434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think fully automatic is not a problem. The main issue I think is with electronics esp. the control panel. Get the one which has electro mechanical
switches rather than feather touch control panels. Not sure how reliable they are. Others should be able to comment on the same.
I have a LG top loader fully automatic which is now 7.5 years old. There has been no problem in the feather touch control panels till now. Only problem encountered was in a sensor on the lid which got screwed after 5 years. The cost of the sensor itself was 40Rs.
Old 26th January 2013, 20:02   #3435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a LG top loader fully automatic which is now 7.5 years old. There has been no problem in the feather touch control panels till now. Only problem encountered was in a sensor on the lid which got screwed after 5 years. The cost of the sensor itself was 40Rs.
Thanks. Thats good to know. Most folks keep washing machines in a utility, which many times is open. I have seen during rains, these panels get wet. Are they built to withstand such situations? We do put a simple plastic cover over the machine. But rain water hitting may be a problem, if the panels are not designed for it. Have you seen any such issues?

Most Viewed