Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 14:53   #3511
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

The smallest frost free fridge is from Sharp. It was available at Croma Kondapur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

P.S: What do we normally do for fridges that go kaput? Sell it in kilogram basis or give it away ( if yes, who will take a non working fridge?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
As usual shopping at Croma was a very good experience. They have very well trained staff who are also very polite and attentive.

I actually found a 179 Liter frost free Sharp refrigerator in this store. It was perfect but beside it for almost the same price was this 240 Liter Samsung.
The fridge space in the Sharp was actually smaller than my old 165 Liter Direct Cool Godrej. So decided to skip it.

The final price was Rs 17500 with free home delivery. My home is around 20 kms away from the store.

Also got a Rs 700 off in exchange for my old fridge.
The freezer door was broken and hence I did not get the usual 1,000 rupees for old fridges.
I did not trade in my fridge.
Instead gave it off to my maid.

Last edited by bblost : 20th March 2013 at 14:56.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:30   #3512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The smallest frost free fridge is from Sharp. It was available at Croma Kondapur.
Thanks. Our big fridge is 375L or somewhere around there. Dont want to buy again an expensive fridge just for beverage storing

Iam looking at a fridge in 10K budget and smaller than 165L is also fine.

Only type of items that'll be stored in them will be :

Canned Juices, Fruit Beer, Butter Milk, Kissan Squashes etc..
Old 20th March 2013, 15:41   #3513
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Thanks. Our big fridge is 375L or somewhere around there. Dont want to buy again an expensive fridge just for beverage storing

Videocon has a lot of small fridges - lot of them falling under 10K
http://www.edigiworld.com/refrigerat...gundy-red.html

I think you should easily be able to get a 165 lt for much less than 10K.
Kelvinator also has small fridges below 10K.

Last edited by carboy : 20th March 2013 at 15:46.
Old 20th March 2013, 16:30   #3514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Videocon has a lot of small fridges - lot of them falling under 10K. I think you should easily be able to get a 165 lt for much less than 10K. Kelvinator also has small fridges below 10K.
Thanks. Will check them out. If they take my 165L fridge as exchange for 1K, it would be an awesome deal.
Old 21st March 2013, 14:50   #3515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It was exactly...
To sum it up, if you are thinking of purchasing a DW, don't. Just go ahead and buy it. It is a decision you will never regret, and your wife will always be grateful (my wife still is ).
Thanks very much Bullit. Very useful review indeed. I too plan to buy a Dishwasher due to the same reasons as described by others.

Although now we have many choices from LG, Bosch, Samsung, Siemens,etc who are the main manufacturers. I see that LG now has a price range of Dishwashers starting from Rs.60K/- , whereas samsung has only 1 dishwasher at Rs.32K/-
http://www.lg.com/in/dishwasher
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/h...DW-FN320T/XTL#

Dont have any idea about Siemens/Bosch prices though i feel both are same machines with different branding.

My options now are for reliability, cheap, long lasting, without major hiccups for atleast 5-7 years timeframe.
Looking at my many options available now, which machine is better to me?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 21st March 2013, 15:02   #3516
BANNED

@ramki067; I was surprised by the LG pricing but that is true. These are steam models, so I guess others may be in the works. I was told by a dealer that Siemens/Bosch are indeed the same.
Old 21st March 2013, 21:14   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Looking at my many options available now, which machine is better to me?
We have been using Bosch DW since last 18 months now. No issues so far. When we are just two of us in the house, we use it once in 2 days otherwise, if we have guests/parents at home we end up using it daily.

Even today sometimes my wife thank me for getting her the DW
She, in the beginning was completely against the idea.

Regards,
Old 21st March 2013, 21:28   #3518
BHPian

Quote:

How about a mini fridge (mini bar) kind of fridge?
http://www.lg.com/sg/bar-fridges
http://www.haier.com/in/products/ref...23_79629.shtml
http://www.videoconworld.com/index.p...id=144&pid=564

Absolutely no idea about price, though

EDIT: http://www.edigiworld.com/videocon-m...-hairline.html priced at 6500
EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@hellmet; Most refrigeration equipment nowadays uses a PTR and not starting relays.
I had no idea. Thanks for the knowledge update!

Quote:

Our large fridge is currently overflowing and other fridge went kaput.
Earlier, we had one 180L and another 310L fridge doing service for TWO people. We basically extended usage into the larger fridge when we bought it. Fed up with this over-kill, one day I sat down, switched off both fridges and removed everything out of it that wouldn't spoil left outside, and I took out all kinds of weird crap out of it ranging from maida, besan, rice powders, tea and coffee powders, milk powders, dried beans (4 varieties), masala powders, and even a couple of instant noodle packets. We were basically using the fridge as food storage instead of using it as food preserver.

After this exercise I was able to shut down the smaller fridge for good and even created space in the new one.

Last edited by hellmet : 21st March 2013 at 21:38.
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:05   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@ramki067; I was surprised by the LG pricing but that is true. These are steam models, so I guess others may be in the works. I was told by a dealer that Siemens/Bosch are indeed the same.
Thanks very much sir! Indeed they have jacked up the price by about 17- 20K atleast. Do they not sell the earlier models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
We have been using Bosch DW since last 18 months now. No issues so far. When we are just two of us in the house, we use it once in 2 days otherwise, if we have guests/parents at home we end up using it daily.

Even today sometimes my wife thank me for getting her the DW
She, in the beginning was completely against the idea.
Regards,
Thats great news amohit! How much did the Bosch machine cost and which model?
Is there any extended warranty to Bosch models?
And as Bullit said in his review does it have foldable wires to accommodate larger utensils? or does any of the models presently have it?

Sorry for too many queries.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:27   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
How much did the Bosch machine cost and which model?
SMS40E32EU. Dont remember the exact cost, but I think it was around 28-29k. It was just a little less than 30k.

Quote:
Is there any extended warranty to Bosch models?
I didnt enquire. They say its built for Life...I took their word for it

Quote:
And as Bullit said in his review does it have foldable wires to accommodate larger utensils? or does any of the models presently have it?
Yes it does. We regularly keep our 5lt cooker in it. But its not big enough to fit in 4-5 big sized utensils. Max 2 or 3. Apart from that there is enough space for plates, tumblers, bowls and spoons.

Regards,
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:35   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does. We regularly keep our 5lt cooker in it. But its not big enough to fit in 4-5 big sized utensils. Max 2 or 3. Apart from that there is enough space for plates, tumblers, bowls and spoons.

Regards,
Thanks amohit. If its possible for you, could you please upload a pic of a fully loaded utensils in DW? It would be of much help to me to judge the capabilities as we often give a big tub full of utensils to wash to the 2-legged DW

Also, could you give me an idea of how much does this particular DW you have clean the kadais which will be greased with fried oils?

Thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 22nd March 2013 at 08:39.
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:40   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Also, could you give me an idea of how much does this particular DW you have clean the kadais which will be greased with fried oils?

Thanks,
Ramki

I uploaded a couple of pics here

http://www.techenclave.com/community.../#post-1722417

Greasy and oily utensils are not a problem at all. Problem comes when that grease is burnt and stuck to the surface. Since the DW operates at around 60-70 deg C, oily utensils get cleaned of really well.

Regards,
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:50   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
I uploaded a couple of pics here

http://www.techenclave.com/community.../#post-1722417

Greasy and oily utensils are not a problem at all. Problem comes when that grease is burnt and stuck to the surface. Since the DW operates at around 60-70 deg C, oily utensils get cleaned of really well.

Regards,
Thanks very much amohit. If you don't mind, i had one last question though!
We use more than 5-6 kadais on daily basis. How much does the DW capable of holding large kadais in one wash cycle?

Regards,
Ramki
Old 24th March 2013, 10:42   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Searched the thread for the word "toaster" and got a lot of results with people reporting dead toasters in 1-2 years. I don't think they make them like they used to anymore.

We really need a toaster at home for quicker breakfasts but have been unable to decide which one to go for....

Thank you!!
Well, I went ahead and ordered a Bajaj ATX 3 metal body toaster on InfiBeam for Rs1000/- It isn't solidly built as is apparent from the thin metal and poor quality plastic, but it seems to be toasting bread consistently well (only used it thrice) and has a 2 year guarantee, so I guess it's alright.
Old 25th March 2013, 03:24   #3525
Senior - BHPian

In the market again for a mixer. The Maharaja bought some 1.5 years ago is giving too much problems... the quality is just abysmal, so no point in spending anythint to repair it.

There does not seem to be anything decent in the market except Panasonic. It is also a lot pricier. Even Philips quality seems to be disappointing now.

Does anyone have any experience with Panasonic mixers? Are they worth the close to double price?

Most Viewed