Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 20:57   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys I am confused between IFB and Bosch washing machines. Although I have an IFB curently running since 15 years,but have heard the quality of IFB has deteriorated and is not what it used to be. Hows Bosch ? Is anyone using it.
IFB is Bosch design. The Bosch models will be more contemporary design. I suggest that you try LG. I have also shifted from IFB to LG.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:14   #3887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
IFB is Bosch design.
of at least two generations ago, when they manufactured for Bosch!
Old 30th August 2013, 09:54   #3888
BHPian

I have IFB microwave and washing machine. Its' replacement will not be IFB anymore.
Old 30th August 2013, 12:31   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Strange that a company like Samsung is willing to refund customer money rather than offer some other model or provide a replacement.
Samsung made a full refund for my neighbour's split a/c when it malfunctioned after 9 months of usage
Old 30th August 2013, 14:20   #3890
BANNED

Guys
We have IFB in our house. Based on my experience I would suggest you to stay away from them. It has been a constant headache for us till now. Every two to three weeks a moron from IFB service comes for service. The damn thing resets itself after 15 minutes of washing. We are fed up after complaining to CC .... Thinking of buying a Samsung or bosch now
Regards

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 30th August 2013 at 14:21.
Old 1st September 2013, 00:09   #3891
BHPian

Anybody installed 3 Phase Servo Stabilizer in chennai, the low voltage problem is re-appearing again as the heat is back..
Old 1st September 2013, 11:04   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Anybody installed 3 Phase Servo Stabilizer in chennai, the low voltage problem is re-appearing again as the heat is back..
There are two types you can fix.
1. A 3-phase servo having one motor turning all the 3 auto transformers. This is fine if the voltage is balanced - that is all the voltages rise and dip evenly. This works fine in factory environment, but not so well in domestic environment.

2. Normally in domestic situations the 3 phases are quite unbalanced and show a wide range of voltages (between them). Here three individual servo stabilizers work the best.

If you put up servo stabilizers, then be sure to put Over and Under voltage cut offs, as the servos are relatively slow and if one phase suddenly recovers from say 180V to 230V, the output may suddenly shoot up to 280-290 range before the servo can swing it back. Same is the case for swing from high voltage to normal. The swing happens in two cases
. When a high load of a neighbour switches on/off
. When the distribution centre correct the voltage
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:26   #3893
BHPian

I am in lookout for a emergency lights for my home. Checked DMart and there were 2 brands which were in my budget/taste.
Eveready LED DL 180 + Eveready LED Torch + 3 Batteries - 1399
Pigeon Emergency Lamp - 999

The main difference in both is, Eveready is LED and Pigeon is the conventional CFL 11w.

My calculation, if CFL goes for a toss, we can easily replace it. But even if one LED goes for a toss, we need to replace the complete set.

Am I right in my assumption? Which emergency lamp is suggested/recommended?
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:02   #3894
BANNED

Quote:
As has been pointed out by ARoy make sure you get three single phase units and not a three-phase unit, only then will the imbalance be addressed.

In my experience of over 35 years I have come across only one instance where the Servo unit was actually working after a decade or so. In fact this setup (3x1ph-40A) is still going strong after 40+ years.
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:11   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
There are two types you can fix.
1. A 3-phase servo having one motor turning all the 3 auto transformers. This is fine if the voltage is balanced - that is all the voltages rise and dip evenly. This works fine in factory environment, but not so well in domestic environment.

2. Normally in domestic situations the 3 phases are quite unbalanced and show a wide range of voltages (between them). Here three individual servo stabilizers work the best.

If you put up servo stabilizers, then be sure to put Over and Under voltage cut offs, as the servos are relatively slow and if one phase suddenly recovers from say 180V to 230V, the output may suddenly shoot up to 280-290 range before the servo can swing it back. Same is the case for swing from high voltage to normal. The swing happens in two cases
. When a high load of a neighbour switches on/off
. When the distribution centre correct the voltage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As has been pointed out by ARoy make sure you get three single phase units and not a three-phase unit, only then will the imbalance be addressed.

In my experience of over 35 years I have come across only one instance where the Servo unit was actually working after a decade or so. In fact this setup (3x1ph-40A) is still going strong after 40+ years.
Thanks. I would like to know any good/reputed company which does this. Any idea how much would it cost ? I know it might be difficult unless the exact usage, but a typical house with 2 Split A/c, 2 Geyser, 2 LCD, plus others. How much would be the requirement and cost?

thanks again
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:40   #3896
BANNED

Quite frankly I will not bother, unless you have a very poor scenario. Your total load is barely 6 kVA. As long as ther voltage is no too high or low (say beyond 190-255V) everything will happily take it. Just add a starter/MCB to the ACs. I have been running without any stabilisers for 35+ years.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:47   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Quite frankly I will not bother, unless you have a very poor scenario. Your total load is barely 6 kVA. As long as ther voltage is no too high or low (say beyond 190-255V) everything will happily take it. Just add a starter/MCB to the ACs. I have been running without any stabilisers for 35+ years.
Ok, I asked for quote from couple of companies for 6kVA. Let me see how much they asking..
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:58   #3898
BANNED

Quote:
Ok, I asked for quote from couple of companies for 6kVA. Let me see how much they asking..
With three phases, check out and ask for two or three single phase units of 5kVA each.
Old 4th September 2013, 17:53   #3899
BHPian

Guys,

I have two requirements

1) We are planning to get a semi-automatic washing machine for my mom. She is very specific on the semi-automatic part, as she doesn't want any complicated controls. It should be sturdy and capable of handling heavy loads is the other requirement. I was checking out on this model from LG P1561R3S. If any one has any experience with this model or any other suggestions please provide them.

2) I am looking for a fully automatic top load washing machine and we zerod in on Panasonic's NA-FS14X2WRB. Its a 14 KG machine and i need this capacity. But i don't find any reviews related to this model. How good are Panasonic's washing machines any idea?

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 4th September 2013 at 18:02. Reason: Removed the tags; added one more requirement
Old 4th September 2013, 22:11   #3900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
Guys,

I have two requirements

1) We are planning to get a semi-automatic washing machine for my mom. She is very specific on the semi-automatic part, as she doesn't want any complicated controls. It should be sturdy and capable of handling heavy loads is the other requirement. I was checking out on this model from LG P1561R3S. If any one has any experience with this model or any other suggestions please provide them.

2) I am looking for a fully automatic top load washing machine and we zerod in on Panasonic's NA-FS14X2WRB. Its a 14 KG machine and i need this capacity. But i don't find any reviews related to this model. How good are Panasonic's washing machines any idea?
A semi automatic will be more complicated than fully automatic.
In semi automatic you need to
1. Set up cycle
2. Run cycle
3. Take out clothes and put in separate drum
4. Again setup stuff and run.

With fully automatic(base models) all you need to do is put in clothes, select wash program(rotate a dial) and then take out clothes.
You can choose a basic model which will have modes like
Cotton,synthetic,delicate,handwash/wool,Quick
You can leave machine in quick mode so all you need to do is press start button thats it. Nothing else to do!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks