Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 09:41   #3991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Worth it?

Or should I get a new Microwave?
Now a days it is replace job. No repairs. Guess 4k is ok instead of spending more for a similar spec microwave. Unless you are not happy with the current product.

Quote:
Also, what is a reliable Microwave which will let me bake stuff in it? Baking is going to be quite often to make home made cakes and breads.
Onida Black Beauty 21lt is a good one. Convection microwave oven is what you need.

But if baking is your prime requirement then an OTG is a better buy.

Last edited by HillMan : 31st October 2013 at 10:06.
Old 2nd November 2013, 07:55   #3992
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Anyone use 100% clothes dryer at home? I'm planning to buy one as the new house I'll be moving to has only one balcony(off the Living room) and one Utility which is too small to dry clothes there. I've seen Siemens and Bosch dryers so far but, I have not seen any customer feedback about them.

If anyone uses 100% clothes dryer(any brand), please share your feedback. Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:31   #3993
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Anyone use 100% clothes dryer at home? I'm planning to buy one as the new house I'll be moving to has only one balcony(off the Living room) and one Utility which is too small to dry clothes there. I've seen Siemens and Bosch dryers so far but, I have not seen any customer feedback about them.

If anyone uses 100% clothes dryer(any brand), please share your feedback. Thanks in advance!
I have written 2-3 times on this thread. A few others also have. Search through this thread.
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:49   #3994
BHPian

Quote:

I my self don't use a 100% dryer. But a friend who uses a stand alone is happy. The electricity consumption is similar to a geyser. It's an IFB make. Pretty much maintenance free.

Denims don't seem to dry fully in one go. You need to spin dry before loading into the dryer. Don't expect a crease free output. T-shirt are ok. Formals need ironing.

Last edited by HillMan : 2nd November 2013 at 09:57.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:42   #3995
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Arun, I have a Ifb top of the line washer dryer with steam wash for last 3 years, this is the 3rd machine that I have bought in my own lifespan. 1st was a ifb bought in 1995 and sold off during relocation, next was a whirlpool top of the line front loading which messed up and was replaced few yes back by the current ifb.(for which I paid a bomb)

Despite all the functions I see the family using only the washing

Dryer and steam function was used initially to try and that is it.

I have used dryers extensively abroad, but here sunlight is in abundance and dryer is not really needed

Moreover, I am done with front loaders, I think the new gen Panasonic top loaders are good and sufficient for our requirement and that will be my next change whenever
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:58   #3996
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Moreover, I am done with front loaders, I think the new gen Panasonic top loaders are good and sufficient for our requirement and that will be my next change whenever
I have never seen a top loader dryer.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:14   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have never seen a top loader dryer.
Carboy, I have also not seen a top loading dryer either, please run through my post again.

What I said was, we have not found the dryer being used in practice. Over the years we have noted that our needs are only for general wash cycles, Hence a proven top loader which is almost at par with front loader today should suffice

Btw, have we noticed that no Japanese company makes front loaders! Moreover, I also have seen high popularity of top loaders in Asia pacific region

I wonder why?

Last edited by Anupam : 2nd November 2013 at 11:16.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:25   #3998
BANNED

Quote:
Carboy, I have also not seen a top loading dryer either, please run through my post again.
I read it again - it's still not clear. Doesn't matter.

Quote:
What I said was, we have not found the dryer being used in practice.
I have used a dryer for close to 14 years now in India & abroad & it's very useful. Cannot imagine living without it.
Quote:
Over the years we have notes that our needs are only for general wash cycles, Hence a proven top loader which is almost at par with front loader today should suffice
My washing machine is also top loader - it's fine.

Quote:
Btw, have we noticed that no Japanese company makes top loaders!
Hmm, I thought you just wrote that Panasonic does! I assumed you were referring to dryers, but you said not, so I assume it's a top loader washer.

For the OP, I have a 8 year old Haier dryer - it's very useful. If you are able to keep it in a balcony, that's great. I keep it inside a room. So I keep the window open and the fan running when the dryer's running. The floor near the exhaust becomes a little moist when the dryer is running.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:44   #3999
BANNED

@carboy; In wet/damp places like Mumbai a dryer can be a life saver. We used it extensively in the UK. However, we seldom use it (my old Zanussi had it) now. So I have gone for a plain washer. Also, the need to reduce the load by 2x for drying is a pain!
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:51   #4000
Team-BHP Support

My bestest (if such a term is there) buddy has opened a Samsung digital plaza & deals with all items selling Samsung.

For me, TV meant - Sony, refrigerator/washing machine & oven was IFB.

Now, which products from Samsung can be bought, is safe to purchase & is on par with other products (competitiveness in features, reliability & price)

Thanks

^ Team BHP is such a face saver
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:32   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I read it again - it's still not clear. Doesn't matter.

I have used a dryer for close to 14 years now in India & abroad & it's very useful. Cannot imagine living without it.

My washing machine is also top loader - it's fine.

Hmm, I thought you just wrote that Panasonic does! I assumed you were referring to dryers, but you said not, so I assume it's a top loader washer.

For the OP, I have a 8 year old Haier dryer - it's very useful. If you are able to keep it in a balcony, that's great. I keep it inside a room. So I keep the window open and the fan running when the dryer's running. The floor near the exhaust becomes a little moist when the dryer is running.
I guess you responded before I could review and edit my typos

If you have been using dryers regularly then I guess it works for you, in our case it does not
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:59   #4002
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My bestest (if such a term is there) buddy has opened a Samsung digital plaza & deals with all items selling Samsung.

For me, TV meant - Sony, refrigerator/washing machine & oven was IFB.
Sony and Samsung had a common plant for TVs. Sony have since sold out but as far as I know Sony CTVs (>32") are all made by Samsung.

Sammy and LG (Lucky Goldstar at one time!) are at par, with Samsung suffering due to poorer after sales service.
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:05   #4003
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sammy and LG (Lucky Goldstar at one time!) are at par, with Samsung suffering due to poorer after sales service.
And also just Lucky before they bought the American brandname Goldstar.

Anyway, I have a LG Washing machine & an LG TV for 8+ years. And a LG A/C for 4 years. I have had minimum issues and outstanding service.
Old 2nd November 2013, 19:23   #4004
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sony and Samsung had a common plant for TVs. Sony have since sold out but as far as I know Sony CTVs (>32") are all made by Samsung.

Thanks Sir,

Mobile phones can be discussed elsewhere & I am not too concerned about it, similar for A/C. Don't think it will be a Samsung.

What about refrigerator, washing machine, dish-washer & oven?

Thanks again
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:46   #4005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks Sir,

Mobile phones can be discussed elsewhere & I am not too concerned about it, similar for A/C. Don't think it will be a Samsung.

What about refrigerator, washing machine, dish-washer & oven?

Thanks again

Looks like you 'want' to buy something, but perhaps you don't 'need' anything.

We have a Samsung refrigerator - purchased in 2008. It has become a bit noisy of late, but no other issues (touch wood).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks