Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 13:15   #4306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
Any one using Usha 5 Star Technix Ceiling Fan, I am not getting any reviews from net.
Having used both for a while, I have a feeling that Havells ceiling fans are better than Usha in the longer run. While moving into our new apartment, I bought Havells fans for all the rooms, few decorative and few simple ones (I don't like decorative & colorful fans in bedrooms) . Though, they are only two summers old, but none of them have had any problem.
Old 21st March 2014, 07:42   #4307
BHPian

Has anyone purchased a Samsung Dishwasher in Chennai? I purchased one from Croma about 1.5 years ago. I am having a Leak Error and water leaking around the machine. This is my second issue with the machine. The first one was when the plug got burnt about 4 months ago. The last time it took them about 1 month to replace the plug and wire. This time water is leaking in our kitchen and its been 3 days since we complained and no action yet. The amusing thing is I called the technician who fixes this as I believe there is just one guy for Chennai due to low volume of sales of the dish washer, he tells me he is delayed due to his fathers death. Now the point is, he told me the same thing when I called him 4 months back for the earlier issue. Anyone else got this same story? I intend filing a complaint against the chap today...
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:04   #4308
BHPian

Which is the best water purifier in town. At present have the PureIt which connects to my Manjeera water. It requires a change in the germkill kit every 6-9 months. But lately, the auto cut off doesnt work and water overflows.
Need a reliable, safe purifier. And for Manjeera water, dont think a RO is necessary. Right?
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:59   #4309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Which is the best water purifier in town. At present have the PureIt which connects to my Manjeera water. It requires a change in the germkill kit every 6-9 months. But lately, the auto cut off doesnt work and water overflows.
Need a reliable, safe purifier. And for Manjeera water, dont think a RO is necessary. Right?
You can check the aquaguards from Eureka Forbes. I've been using Aquaguard iNova for over 13 year's now and there have been little or no complaints at all. It is necessary to take the AMC to be on the safe side in case something goes wrong. Water source is the municipal water and never used with bore water.

Back then it cost me around 7.6k and about 3k AMC for 3 years which includes servicing every 4 months and filters replacement annually. Do check out their recent models. I'm told they're marginally better than the old ones.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:35   #4310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
You can check the aquaguards from Eureka Forbes. I've been using Aquaguard iNova for over 13 year's now and there have been little or no complaints at all. It is necessary to take the AMC to be on the safe side in case something goes wrong. Water source is the municipal water and never used with bore water.

Back then it cost me around 7.6k and about 3k AMC for 3 years which includes servicing every 4 months and filters replacement annually. Do check out their recent models. I'm told they're marginally better than the old ones.
The price is steep. I am looking for a purifier which doesnt need electricity. The manjeera water we get can be directly used for drinking and so going for this filter method.

Any reviews on Kent Gravity based purifiers?
Old 25th March 2014, 17:37   #4311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price is steep. I am looking for a purifier which doesnt need electricity. The manjeera water we get can be directly used for drinking and so going for this filter method.

Any reviews on Kent Gravity based purifiers?
What you need is the old style candle filters, There was a large double canister one sitting on top of the other. The upper one had a filter candle through which water would seep into the bottom canister.

In case you cannot find these you can easily make one, Instead ol candle use fine sand at the bottom of the top pan.
Old 25th March 2014, 19:28   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
I also was discussing a similar product for a similar need few pages back. I am kind of zeroed onto Kent Gold Star water purifier. I checked with dealers, but they didn't have stock of this - may be this is a very new product. Now I am thinking of ordering this from their Web site. The product is listed at this site: http://www.kent.co.in/Gravity-UF-Wat...Kent-Gold-Star
Old 25th March 2014, 21:17   #4313
BHPian

Looking for a washing machine to replace an IFB which has gone kaput - motherboard gone and no spare part from the company. I am inclined towards German brand, currently preferring Bosch over Siemens. Is after sales support good for Bosch?
Old 26th March 2014, 10:05   #4314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
What you need is the old style candle filters, There was a large double canister one sitting on top of the other. The upper one had a filter candle through which water would seep into the bottom canister.

In case you cannot find these you can easily make one, Instead ol candle use fine sand at the bottom of the top pan.
Yes, that is my need. A DIY, I am away from this. And believe this are replaced by carbon cartridges which is there in my PureIt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
I also was discussing a similar product for a similar need few pages back. I am kind of zeroed onto Kent Gold Star water purifier. I checked with dealers, but they didn't have stock of this - may be this is a very new product. Now I am thinking of ordering this from their Web site. The product is listed at this site: http://www.kent.co.in/Gravity-UF-Wat...Kent-Gold-Star
Exactly that was the series I was looking for in their website too. Keep posted on your updates. I will try to scout for them in retail shops in my place.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:49   #4315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Looking for a washing machine to replace an IFB which has gone kaput - motherboard gone and no spare part from the company. I am inclined towards German brand, currently preferring Bosch over Siemens. Is after sales support good for Bosch?
If your IFB was old enough, like from the 90s, then it is quite probably that it shared tech from Bosch since they were together at that time. Bosch or Siemens, both are good, but look for one which offer better services in your area.
Old 28th March 2014, 20:50   #4316
BHPian

I am searching for a USB chargeable radio unit. It should have :
1) FM/AM 2) USB chargeable 3)Play from SD card 4) inbuilt speaker 5) play from USB 6) 35mm output port

I realized all these things are present in my smartphone ; but I want a separate device mainly to connect with laptop and keep FM on while I work. Buying this on a whim, so cheap Chinese models are Ok. Please suggest if you know of any such model.
Old 29th March 2014, 15:53   #4317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If your IFB was old enough, like from the 90s, then it is quite probably that it shared tech from Bosch since they were together at that time. Bosch or Siemens, both are good, but look for one which offer better services in your area.
I too replaced my 11 year old IFB washing machine with a Siemens just this month. Like they say, once you get used to a German machine, you won't like anything else .
Anyway, Siemens and Bosch both belong to the same group and they have common service centers. So if they have their service network in your area, you can buy either of the two.
Old 29th March 2014, 18:37   #4318
BHPian

Anyone here know how to repair a gas stove DIY? Both burners on my stove no longer burn as intensely as they used to and putting them on SIM turns them off. If all it needs is cleaning and I can DIY, then why not!
Old 30th March 2014, 11:06   #4319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post

I too replaced my 11 year old IFB washing machine with a Siemens just this month. Like they say, once you get used to a German machine, you won't like anything else .
Anyway, Siemens and Bosch both belong to the same group and they have common service centers. So if they have their service network in your area, you can buy either of the two.

Why not get it from a local repair guy, either which way, all that needs to be done is to clean the burner holes and the jet

at max, if the flow is less, you want to upsize the jet

Those who have done DIY carburettor cleaning of previous generation bikes, may recall the main jet inside the carburettor, sometimes your mechanic would downsize the main jet to give you a better mileage (which would basically restrict the fuel flow)

In your case you ned to upsize to increase the gas flow

Hope this helps
Old 31st March 2014, 10:04   #4320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Need some Home AC gyan (Split AC only)
-How to compute tonnage required for the AC ? (based on room size in sq. ft would help)
-Recommended brands/models
i suggest you look at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...r-buy-222.html

Most Viewed