Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 10:59   #4321
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Thanks, I'd asked the mods to move my post there but it's not done yet, read a few pages on that thread but seems too much to skim from 222 pages, should suffice if you could help with a few quick questions on what to look for (small room so 1 ton split ac is enough)

Type - inverter, hot and cold, etc ?
Star rating ?
Cooling capacity btu/hr ?
Recommended brands
Old 31st March 2014, 18:00   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Anyone here know how to repair a gas stove DIY? Both burners on my stove no longer burn as intensely as they used to and putting them on SIM turns them off. If all it needs is cleaning and I can DIY, then why not!

It is better to give to nearby chota service guys. For few hundred they will clean and also repaint the burners. We got it done but I replaced my stove with a new one anyway. Old one was butterfly, worked well but looked lousy...
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:13   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I am searching for a USB chargeable radio unit. It should have :
1) FM/AM 2) USB chargeable 3)Play from SD card 4) inbuilt speaker 5) play from USB 6) 35mm output port

I realized all these things are present in my smartphone ; but I want a separate device mainly to connect with laptop and keep FM on while I work. Buying this on a whim, so cheap Chinese models are Ok. Please suggest if you know of any such model.

Why don't you use software for internet radio, if you are going to be listening to FM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Has anyone purchased a Samsung Dishwasher in Chennai? I purchased one from Croma about 1.5 years ago. I am having a Leak Error and water leaking around the machine. This is my second issue with the machine. The first one was when the plug got burnt about 4 months ago. The last time it took them about 1 month to replace the plug and wire. This time water is leaking in our kitchen and its been 3 days since we complained and no action yet. .

FYI the incoming valve/unit had to be replaced in the dish washer. Luckily was under warranty! Downtime of about 8 days due to pathetic service delays to get on the job and 3-4 days to order the replacement part.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th April 2014 at 08:55. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:02   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Why don't you use software for internet radio, if you are going to be listening to FM?

Such devices are available, they are Chinese made, have fantastic output and also have in built battery which will last over an hour, a friend bought it for 600/- here in pune.

And yes it has aux in/out and USB with digital radio

The size is of a motorcycle battery, hope this helps
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:46   #4325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Such devices are available, they are Chinese made, have fantastic output and also have in built battery which will last over an hour, a friend bought it for 600/- here in pune.

And yes it has aux in/out and USB with digital radio

The size is of a motorcycle battery, hope this helps
How about an add on device like JBL Micro Wireless 1 Channel? It will be a great companion for your mobile phone and laptop. The sound quality is very good.
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:31   #4326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Anyone here know how to repair a gas stove DIY? Both burners on my stove no longer burn as intensely as they used to and putting them on SIM turns them off. If all it needs is cleaning and I can DIY, then why not!
Here are the steps
. Take the burner top off
. Take the rest of the burner assembly off. It usually rests on a bracket next to the knob
. Using appropriate sized spanner unscrew the gas jet. Be careful, these are made of brass and can spoil easily.
. To clean the jet blow hard. Next use a thin strand of wire and poke it down the hole. You may even wash the jet with detergent and blow it dry.
. Check the area where the jet was screwed and clean it if dirty. The seat and the jet face should be free of any dirt/grime, else it will not seat properly and leak gas.
. Screw the jet back.
. Clean the rest of burner of any soot and burnt food residues. This may take time as the burnt food forms a pretty hard layer.
. Lastly reassemble every thing.
. Test the burner. If it is resurrected then you can start with the other burners.

If you are doing it for the first time take plenty of photographs - a cell phone will do. This will help you put things back properly.

Note.
1. If there is less gas, then the burner will go out at low settings.
2. If there is excess gas, then it will give yellow sooty flame at high settings. In case this is so after cleaning, then you need to change the jet.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:39   #4327
BHPian

Bought an LG 6 kg washing machine this week. It replaces an IFB 6 kg. The LG outer size is substantially smaller, the drum also seems slightly narrower. Very compact packaging, very quiet compared to the former machine.
Old 4th April 2014, 08:57   #4328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Bought an LG 6 kg washing machine this week. It replaces an IFB 6 kg. The LG outer size is substantially smaller, the drum also seems slightly narrower. Very compact packaging, very quiet compared to the former machine.
Good decision. After having suffered with an IFB washing machine, there is no way I would go down that road again.
Old 4th April 2014, 13:21   #4329
Distinguished - BHPian

My IFB dishwasher has died with F9 error (translates to some 'divisor position error' in homo sapien's language). Happened the day before yesterday. Called up IFB customer care and they sent the technician next day as promised. But he was unable to find the fault and has promised to come back again. As per him, the machine will have to be taken to the service centre for checking all electronics. The ordeal will take days to be sorted out as per him. Certainly my wife is not happy with these developments.

Thankfully, the machine is still under the standard 2 year warranty, but the breakdown is affecting my domestic life The worst part is that our IFB washing machine uses the water inlet connection from the same pipeline. Opening the dishwasher's inlet from that pipeline will mean that the washing machine will remain out of service for the entire duration. (may help if I find a stopper to close the dishwasher pipeline inlet)

Hope that the repair job happens soon. BTW, anyone aware of the F9/ divisor position error in dishwashers?

Last edited by saket77 : 4th April 2014 at 13:22.
Old 5th April 2014, 17:29   #4330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My IFB dishwasher has died with F9 error (translates to some 'divisor position error' in homo sapien's language). Happened the day before yesterday. Called up IFB customer care and they sent the technician next day as promised. But he was unable to find the fault and has promised to come back again. As per him, the machine will have to be taken to the service centre for checking all electronics. The ordeal will take days to be sorted out as per him. Certainly my wife is not happy with these developments.

Thankfully, the machine is still under the standard 2 year warranty, but the breakdown is affecting my domestic life The worst part is that our IFB washing machine uses the water inlet connection from the same pipeline. Opening the dishwasher's inlet from that pipeline will mean that the washing machine will remain out of service for the entire duration. (may help if I find a stopper to close the dishwasher pipeline inlet)

Hope that the repair job happens soon. BTW, anyone aware of the F9/ divisor position error in dishwashers?
Just go to any store which sells plumbing supplies and get a stopper. It should cost around Rs.20.
Old 5th April 2014, 17:35   #4331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Just go to any store which sells plumbing supplies and get a stopper. It should cost around Rs.20.
But the threads of all stoppers that I have seen go 'into' the pipe normally. The inlet pipes are 3/4" ones and are tightened 'over' the pipes. I do need a stopper, but that has to be different. Will check if they are available.

However, an update. The service guy turned up today as well with a new electronic board, which they call a 'card'. As per him, the error code I am getting, can happen due to 3 types of failures. He told us that 80% of the times, it is the card and hence he changed the card with a new one; but the problem persisted. He said that since the card is fine, some other components will be ordered from the company and may take about a week to arrive. They will call us again after receiving the component from the manufacturer.

Let's see how long the machine remains down.
Old 6th April 2014, 12:21   #4332
BANNED

Thank you Bajaj / Morphy Richards

My Meno Coffee Maker packed up. I finally lodged a complaint with the call centre 022-41280022 yesterday evening around $:30 (the service centres listed were U/s). I get a call from the local service centre at 6:30pm and the mechanic came today at 9:00am and fixed it.

Brilliant service, and thanks. Seeems Bajaj are now handling Morphy Richards service.
Old 6th April 2014, 12:36   #4333
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Thank you Bajaj / Morphy Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Seeems Bajaj are now handling Morphy Richards service.
Morphy Richards has always been marketed and serviced by Bajaj. Forever.
Old 16th April 2014, 10:40   #4334
BHPian

Quick update on my insect war in the Kitchen.
As many said, Hit was just a temporary solution. Saw the population increase many fold within days. Fed up, called up PCI.
They require a inspection before recommending the best package.
Engineer came last Friday and was astonished to see how our Kitchen was infested. The insects are called German Cockroaches which can increase their population very quickly. A single egg will produce minimum 30 offsprings. After investigation, he suggested,
Gold Package. Where in all the cracks and joints will be sealed with some gel. This gel is odourless since we have a kid at home. This will be done every 4 months for the first year. If the roaches return within this one year, they do the same process for the 2nd year free of cost. Rate: 2900
Sent back the guy since I need to check with my owner.
In the interim, started my own investigation;
1. The grill on windows are not seated properly, this left gaps where the roaches hid
2. Huge to hairline cracks were there in the wall and in the joints
3. Designer frames stuck on the border of doors were also not done properly
4. Modular kitchen itself is not done to perfection. Many gaps seen and the sheet covering the wood is of poor quality. They are peeling off.

Before the PCI guys come, I need to fix these. Applied white cement all over the cracks to first destroy the home of these roaches.
Removed the grills and designer frames.
Cleaned the cupboards and brushed them well.

Result: 90% of the insects are destroyed and they are not returning back. And whenever we see one or two roaming, kill them instantly. Today saw a huge lizard guarding my house from the balcony.

But this is not a permanent solution.

Any experience with PCI? Is the package worth giving a shot? Please suggest.
Old 16th April 2014, 10:43   #4335
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Engineer came last Friday and was astonished to see how our Kitchen was infested.
Engineer? What kind?

Anyway, has anyone tried this - http://www.godrejhit.com/antiroachgel/index.php

I don't have a major problem - just few cockroaches here and there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks