Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 20:12   #4486
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Any suggestions folks?
Welcome to Chennai!

I would suggest the following for some of the items.

1. Energy Efficient Fans - Go for SuperFan. It's made by a Coimbatore based company and the reviews are quite good. I have one myself and extremely satisfied.

http://superfan.in/

2. ACs - Would suggest Daikin. Don't go for Hitachi. The AC is quite good but the service is quite bad.

3. Modular Kitchen - Don't go for ready made ones. Go for a customised one with a carpenter

4. Washing Machine - Are you considering front loading or top loading?
Old 20th July 2014, 00:49   #4487
Distinguished - BHPian

For AC machines, I recommend finding the Team-BHP dedicated thread on the subject. Read the last five or ten pages to get the current team favourites.
Old 20th July 2014, 20:59   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
As phamilyman mentioned. These are simple machines. The fan blows out the air and filler traps the oil. Just avoid mesh filters, they get messy quickly and very hard to clean.
Thanks everyone for your views. Finally went with elica hydrasize model 1000 m3 capacity with baffle filter
Old 21st July 2014, 01:09   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Energy Efficient Fans - Go for SuperFan. It's made by a Coimbatore based company and the reviews are quite good. I have one myself and extremely satisfied.

I was planning to buy a ceiling fan with remote-controlled regulator and would like to try this Coimbatore based company.

Did you buy from them online or in some retail-shop?
For how long have you used it?

The 'Super A1' model is listed at Rs.3,700 which is costly, but if it is energy efficient as claimed, it might recover this cost in the long run.

More feedback please?
Thanks.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:32   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I was planning to buy a ceiling fan with remote-controlled regulator and would like to try this Coimbatore based company.

Did you buy from them online or in some retail-shop?
For how long have you used it?

The 'Super A1' model is listed at Rs.3,700 which is costly, but if it is energy efficient as claimed, it might recover this cost in the long run.

More feedback please?
Thanks.
I have purchased two fans directly from their website. They typically ship it out the next day. It should reach you in 3-4 days. I have measured the power consumption and it is as per the specifications. The fan is indeed a bit costly. If you use this fan for 8 hours a day, you should recover your money in less than two years. I bought them recently, about a month back.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:02   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
I have purchased two fans directly from their website. They typically ship it out the next day. It should reach you in 3-4 days. I have measured the power consumption and it is as per the specifications. The fan is indeed a bit costly. If you use this fan for 8 hours a day, you should recover your money in less than two years. I bought them recently, about a month back.
Thanks.

I will order one online.
Will post feedback here then.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:03   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Welcome to Chennai!

I would suggest the following for some of the items.

1. Energy Efficient Fans - Go for SuperFan. It's made by a Coimbatore based company and the reviews are quite good. I have one myself and extremely satisfied.

Do they have any store in Chennai?

2. ACs - Would suggest Daikin. Don't go for Hitachi. The AC is quite good but the service is quite bad.

Let me go through AC thread also.

3. Modular Kitchen - Don't go for ready made ones. Go for a customised one with a carpenter

Thanks for this tip. will explore this option.

4. Washing Machine - Are you considering front loading or top loading?

I have a old IFB front loader but not used in 6 years. Most likely will go for the front loader if this is not working.
Thanks Man. Left my comments inline.
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:00   #4493
BHPian

Parents need to buy a washing machine for a small family of 2. They initially decided on a budget of 20k and shortlisted these two models -

1. LG

http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machine...ashing-machine

6.5 kg, i-sensors and all, but more importantly, they're temporarily offering an 8 years extended warranty for the motor in this model (over the standard 2 years).

2. Samsung

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/h...g/WA85BWPEH/TL

Lots of fancy names - wobble wash, ACTIVwash etc, but the dealer told us it had a 330W motor compared to LG's 230W. We did check that it had a power consumption of 330W, but not sure if that means anything. 1 year standard warranty, 9 years motor.

3. Bosch front-loading 5.5 kgs, basic model

Okay, since Bosch has no authorized dealer in my hometown (Patiala), we had ruled the brand out. But we found a dealer stocking some of these, and although it's 50% more expensive (30k), and for less capacity, but since it's a Bosch my parents are giving it a second thought. Primary concern is service issues, since the nearest ASS is in a city 60 km away.

We'll finalize and purchase within a day or two. Any suggestions are, of course, welcome.
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:20   #4494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Parents need to buy a washing machine for a small family of 2. They initially decided on a budget of 20k and shortlisted these two models -

1. LG

6.5 kg, i-sensors and all, but more importantly, they're temporarily offering an 8 years extended warranty for the motor in this model (over the standard 2 years).
This is the air dry one, no?
I just picked it up a week back, and it's quite good. LG has quite good service too, at least in Delhi. My last one was also LG, and it's carrying on well after 4 years, used for 7 people.
The engineer was here the next day to set it up.
Got it for 16 k after some discussions.
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:34   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is the air dry one, no?
I just picked it up a week back, and it's quite good. LG has quite good service too, at least in Delhi. My last one was also LG, and it's carrying on well after 4 years, used for 7 people.
The engineer was here the next day to set it up.
Got it for 16 k after some discussions.
Yes, but LG has many models with air dry, so I'm guessing this one is different from yours. Although my mum will be relieved to hear of your satisfaction

I do hope that weak motor claim by the Samsung salesperson turns out to be BS, otherwise things will get confusing.

Also, did you get that 8 years extended warranty with yours?

EDIT - would you mind taking a look and telling me the power consumption or motor RPM on your machine, along with its capacity? It's not there in the brochure or what they call the online tech specs. Thanks!

Last edited by anku94 : 22nd July 2014 at 01:36.
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:35   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Forget Bosch and Siemens etc, these guys are barely able to provide decent service to customers in metros, so you can imagine the plight of those in need of service in smaller cities.

Look at either LG and Panasonic. Especially Panasonic as they are now trying very hard to push their WMs. The fact that they have a decent service network and that the machines are good quality to start with does not hurt at all.

Quote:

1. LG

2. Samsung

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/h...g/WA85BWPEH/TL

Lots of fancy names - wobble wash, ACTIVwash etc, but the dealer told us it had a 330W motor compared to LG's 230W. We did check that it had a power consumption of 330W, but not sure if that means anything. 1 year standard warranty, 9 years motor.

3. Bosch front-loading 5.5 kgs, basic model

Okay, since Bosch has no authorized dealer in my hometown (Patiala), we had ruled the brand out. But we found a dealer stocking some of these, and although it's 50% more expensive (30k), and for less capacity, but since it's a Bosch my parents are giving it a second thought. Primary concern is service issues, since the nearest ASS is in a city 60 km away.

We'll finalize and purchase within a day or two. Any suggestions are, of course, welcome.
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:26   #4497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, but LG has many models with air dry, so I'm guessing this one is different from yours. Although my mum will be relieved to hear of your satisfaction

I do hope that weak motor claim by the Samsung salesperson turns out to be BS, otherwise things will get confusing.

Also, did you get that 8 years extended warranty with yours?

EDIT - would you mind taking a look and telling me the power consumption or motor RPM on your machine, along with its capacity? It's not there in the brochure or what they call the online tech specs. Thanks!
Capacity is 6.20.
I didn't get the 8 year warranty.

Power is mentioned as 350 w on the tag in the back.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:05   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 5.5 KG LG frontloader with drect drive motor. Working flawlessly for last 2.5 years. We are a family of 3, use it daily with full load.
The models with DD motor also provide 10 years warranty on the motor. But the motor seldom fails.
I would suggest a frontloader instead of a top loader. I used a top loader for last 15 years. I was pretty amazed with the difference in wash quality after getting the frontloader.
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:04   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Parents need to buy a washing machine for a small family of 2. They initially decided on a budget of 20k and short listed these two models -
We are using LG Front loading since April of 2004. Till today we don't have single issue. Usually we have minimum of 3 washes per week and some times 5 to 6 based on bed sheets and others (like shoes, :P).

4 years ago, we recommended LG washing m/c for MIL. Its running flawlessly since then. They have 2 washes per week.

We went with LG because sheer value for money. Now other players (like Panasonic ) are also in market. As other stated take a look at service network. we never used it as of now though!
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:29   #4500
BHPian

Go for LG products, be it refrigerators, airconditioners, washing machines or even water purifier. I recently bought a water purifier from them. What sets them apart is their service levels - which are the make or break in any product ownership, and my long term experience with LG is that they do give a very good after sales experience.

Most Viewed