Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 15:10   #4696
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The trouble is finding one. I searched a lot for Kenwood here in Bangalore and then settled for Philips.
They should be having some distributor. Check on the web. Also, used to be available at Infibeam by mail order. Even in Kanpur I have a dealer!
Old 21st October 2014, 15:51   #4697
BHPian

SG Sir,

Do you have any models which you recommend in Kenwood. I am looking for ones which are good with wet grinding in small quantities (for chutney) and occasional mincing.
Old 22nd October 2014, 09:29   #4698
BANNED

@DWind; I have the K-Chef, big daddy of the all. There is a grinder jar attachment which does the job admirably. I bought mine in the UK in 1989, and replaced with a ne one last year since the blender bottom was gone. In the UK or Oz I could have bought a replacement, but they will not ship abroad.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:43   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Do consider Bosch/Siemens’ front loaders.

we don’t have a BSH factory in India yet.
BSH does have a factory in India now . All the recent stocks are from this unit.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:50   #4700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
BSH does have a factory in India now . All the recent stocks are from this unit.
Oh nice! Any idea when this unit was established? I hope there are no differences in the quality of the machines coming out of this unit.
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:44   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Oh nice! Any idea when this unit was established? I hope there are no differences in the quality of the machines coming out of this unit.

The Home Appliance thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1413976345.367507.jpg

AFAIK, it's only the assembly that's done here. We bought one, so hope the quality remains the same, if not better.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 23rd October 2014, 00:16   #4702
Senior - BHPian

In Siemens WMs look at the model nomenclature. The ones with 'ME' prefixed are from their Turkey operations and are the same units that go to the 'Middle East'. The quality difference (from the machines made for them for and identical to Bosch's own machines) is evident from the tactile feel of the switches themselves.

The same quality difference is evident in LG as well as Samsung machines made in Korea and Noida.

Quote:
If I were in the market for a WM today I would go straight for either a Panasonic or a Hitachi front loader. Both are top notch and same models as are offered internationally by the two Japanese majors. In fact the 8 kg Hitachi machine is not only direct drive but even employs hydraulic mountings and that is unique in our market.
Old 23rd October 2014, 20:28   #4703
Distinguished - BHPian

Any tips on dishwashers? I am looking for a standalone unit which has a built in heater to effectively dry the vessels, plates etc. Most of the ones available here are inherent heat types which uses the heat from the hot water itself to slowly dry the stuff. Unsure how well that works.

Samsung has a single model which is priced very well. Bosch and Siemens are the other 2 contenders. LG has one which is quite expensive. Want to avoid KAFF & Kuchina due to low volumes and service worries. Overall prefer non European manufacturers.

Please advise!!

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd October 2014 at 20:30. Reason: Typo
Old 24th October 2014, 11:09   #4704
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy a couple of LED bulbs for my home. Will a 5 watt bulb be enough? I am looking for a soft lighting option and not too bright. Should be equivalent to a regular 40 watt bulb or a 11 watt cfl.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:59   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I am looking to buy a couple of LED bulbs for my home. Will a 5 watt bulb be enough? I am looking for a soft lighting option and not too bright. Should be equivalent to a regular 40 watt bulb or a 11 watt cfl.
I bought 2 last week. 12W Philips (white light) and a 5W Wipro (warm white).
12W one is as bright as 30W CFL. and the white light is little different from that of CFL/tube light. However, the 5W warm white light is as good as that of 40W regular bulb and unless pointed out, no one can differentiate if its a LED or regular bulb.

Regards,
Old 24th October 2014, 15:22   #4706
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
5W should do. remember LEDs are in cool daylight, warm daylight and warm colours. For domestic use prefer the latter two!
Old 24th October 2014, 16:31   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Please advise!!
+1 - Even I am in the market for a dishwasher that has an option to heat dry the utensils. Any recommendation is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 24th October 2014, 17:15   #4708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any tips on dishwashers?
Using IFB for last 2 years. Quite satisfied with it. Drying is good. You can place the utensils back in cabinet straight away.

Quote:
Overall prefer non European manufacturers.
Eh..? Carry over from cars?
Old 24th October 2014, 18:06   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@DWind; I have the K-Chef, big daddy of the all. There is a grinder jar attachment which does the job admirably. I bought mine in the UK in 1989, and replaced with a ne one last year since the blender bottom was gone. In the UK or Oz I could have bought a replacement, but they will not ship abroad.
Could you please tell me the exact Kenwood food mixer model (if possible a link) and where you bought it from in India and for how much? My web search for K-Chef returned a link to a $850 unit on Amazon that does not ship to India. In any case I dont think I'll spend THAT much on a mixie!

Our kitchen has three separate machines, each meant for a specific job. An old Sumeet for Idli and dosa batters (we think its dying), one Inalsa food processor for normal grinding jobs and some food processing and a Kenwood Multi Pro (or something), also a food processor, for kneading dough. I know, we are a bit bizarre!

Sumeet is not available in India anymore, (US, yes!). There something that is as good say some, goes by the name of Preethi, I think.
Old 24th October 2014, 22:17   #4710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If I were in the market for a WM today I would go straight for either a Panasonic or a Hitachi front loader. Both are top notch and same models as are offered internationally by the two Japanese majors. In fact the 8 kg Hitachi machine is not only direct drive but even employs hydraulic mountings and that is unique in our market.
I looked at the Hitachi washers online. Wow, Top model is a huge 80 thousand.

Now, considering that my late lamented Bosch, in London, well over a decade ago, must have cost around UK£600, I suppose 80K is not that much to pay of the quality is really top notch.

My Jumping LG...

I'm not relying on it; I'm certainly not leaving it on unattended, or overnight (which is half the point of an automatic machine ) but I seem to have tweaked it so it doesn't jump.

Still... never has a washing machine setup caused me so much trouble.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks