Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 15:00   #4921
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Yes, I follow the same procedure. At one time (student in the UK) I did not buy bread for a year, baked my own.
Old 31st January 2015, 13:50   #4922
BHPian

Need help with IFB dishwasher

We have an 7yr old IFB Neptune dishwasher. This is an old model of Neptune where there is no display for error codes etc.

From the past few months, during the wash cycle the dishwasher stops and starts every few seconds. This happens occasionally with every cycle. Checked every wash cycle from 6 to 1.

The problem goes away when i stop the cycle, power off and power on the dishwasher, and restart in a different cycle.

Talked to the IFB customer care but each time a different explanation and solution is given. Circuit board needs to be replaced, water pump needs to be replaced etc. As IFB is charging upwards of 5k for this, want to be absolutely sure that the diagnosis is correct.

Any pointers, suggestions, links are much appreciated.
Old 1st February 2015, 00:10   #4923
Senior - BHPian

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. So the model i have is CEWHR 50 L
http://www.aosmithindia.com/CEWHR.html

Scroll down the page and you will come across the HSE series, trust that is what you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sirji,

Good to hear some review about AO Smith. Can you kindly share the model number with the aforesaid specs ? Interested in 15 litre ones. Not constrained by dollars, only functionality !
Old 1st February 2015, 10:29   #4924
BANNED

@Pallavi; To me i sounds like some safety tripping, and full reset plus a different setting seems to cure it..
Old 1st February 2015, 11:22   #4925
BHPian

Anybody here using the floor cleaning robots like milagrow?
http://milagrowhumantech.com/floor-r...4-robocop.html
Old 1st February 2015, 17:43   #4926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
To make soft and fluffy bread is quite easy, provided the basics are followed. I bake bread regularly and get extremely fluffy bread. Here is what I do.
I picked up the OBH Nordica Inox 6544 Breadmaker and my wife has given it a go now. The beauty of the thing is no hardwork involved. No manual kneading of bread etc. I think the only thing will be to get the ingredients right and in the right order. The first loaf is currently baking, but it hasnt filled up the whole pan. I guess will take her a couple of attempts to start doing it right.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:10   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Pallavi; To me i sounds like some safety tripping, and full reset plus a different setting seems to cure it..
Sir,

After a couple of washes, the problem repeats with the other cycle.

For safety tripping, should we also get the wiring and plug points checked?
Old 1st February 2015, 19:24   #4928
BHPian

What are the drawbacks of Parallel flow condenser (aluminium coils , fins, connecting pipes ) vs copper coils (with blue coated aluminium fins , copper connecting pipes) in split air conditioners ? As I understand automotive radiators have been all aluminium for a long time?

Any special skills required to work with aluminium pipes instead of traditional copper connecting pipes??
Old 1st February 2015, 20:22   #4929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I picked up the OBH Nordica Inox 6544 Breadmaker and my wife has given it a go now. The beauty of the thing is no hardwork involved. No manual kneading of bread etc. I think the only thing will be to get the ingredients right and in the right order. The first loaf is currently baking, but it hasnt filled up the whole pan. I guess will take her a couple of attempts to start doing it right.
Please post a review of it. Does it have resume on power failure feature? What I reading for various models is that if the power failure is more than 10 minutes you have to start over.
Old 1st February 2015, 20:33   #4930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh
What are the drawbacks of Parallel flow condenser (aluminium coils , fins, connecting pipes ) vs copper coils (with blue coated aluminium fins , copper connecting pipes) in split air conditioners ? As I understand automotive radiators have been all aluminium for a long time?
drsingh, please see the dedicated Airconditioner thread:, where this (I think) has already been talked about.

Quote:
Any special skills required to work with aluminium pipes instead of traditional copper connecting pipes??
Are you talking about installation or repair? for installation, (My experience with Sharp), the connecting pipes are still copper. If you are talking about repair, none of the soldering/brazing/welding techniques that the local-street repair men use will work with Aluminium.

I think I'm right in saying that, but further conversation should be in the mentioned thread.
Old 1st February 2015, 21:32   #4931
Senior - BHPian

Automotive radiators do have the benefit of on rushing air in helping increase the rate of heat exchange, which is not available in a static application for which Copper may be more desirable.

Al is not as conducive as Copper to be worked upon in the profiles required for tubing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
As I understand automotive radiators have been all aluminium for a long time?

Old 2nd February 2015, 09:34   #4932
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
After a couple of washes, the problem repeats with the other cycle.

For safety tripping, should we also get the wiring and plug points checked?
Very difficult to go for a remote diagnosis. So you have to get some trained joker to check out.
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:46   #4933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Need help with IFB dishwasher

The problem goes away when i stop the cycle, power off and power on the dishwasher, and restart in a different cycle.

Have you tried, as a practice to change the program every time you start? I.e start with a dummy program and then do what you usually do as above? Does it work consistently? Sounds like a logic board issue to me. Try and get a second hand board and attempt a replacement.
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:13   #4934
BHPian

Anyone here has used the Philips led tube light ? What is the feedback on using existing tube fixtures ? Is the light bright enough ? Does the price justify the savings practically ?
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:29   #4935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Anyone here has used the Philips led tube light ? What is the feedback on using existing tube fixtures ? Is the light bright enough ? Does the price justify the savings practically ?
As per my knowledge the existing 26 watt T5 are a good source or diffused lighting and offer more/comparable lumens /watt.

Retrofit LED for existing T5 does not appeal to me. You can get more modern designs of wall/ceiling LED fixtures for lesser cost and better aesthetics.

Most Viewed