Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 17:09   #5116
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Any suggestions on good place in Bangalore to buy Water heaters, ceiling fans, Electrical accessories will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Check out 'Devi International' in Jayanagar. They provide best of the deals on consumer durable's.
Old 15th April 2015, 17:26   #5117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
1. If you have only bore well connection, then I suggest you look on the NET for industrial grade water purifiers. A 1000L/day should be sufficient for a small house hold. The advantages are that all your water will be treated and soft, so your pipe lines, taps and other appliances using the water will have a much longer life.

2. For ceiling fans, be aware that most of the popular brands in the market are just OEM Chinese fans. If you want a long lasting fan, search for ones with double ball bearing and not just sleeve bearing. Bhagirath Palace (opposite Red Fort) is the best place to check for and buy 10+ fans.

3. For storage heaters, please estimate the duration that hot water will be used. In case people are fond of hot showers, at least 20L capacity is needed for a 10 min shower. Choose a model that comes with a SS tank and good insulation. If it is rated 4/5 star so much the better. Again Bhagirath Palace is the place to go.
Thanks Aroy.

1 is ruled out since my requirements are for an apartment that I plan to lease out. Unlikely that I will ever stay there.

2 - I am terribly disappointed with the Havells fans running at my place. No way am I buying Havells again. Is there a made in India brand that you know of ?

3- Yes, 20 L sounds fine. Looking for something that can survive Delhi's hard water

Bhagirath Place was suggested offline by SST too, I guess that's where I will go...
Old 15th April 2015, 17:58   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Any suggestions on good place in Bangalore to buy Water heaters, ceiling fans, Electrical accessories will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
If you go to BVK Iyengar road you get numerous shops! Their price are not matched by any of the nearby shops.

Drawback(s) is
1) Going all the way there,
2) finding a parking,
3) paying through cash! As most charge you (2%) for even debit card!

Most of the shops give you door delivery(>5K I think).

Last edited by RaguHolla : 15th April 2015 at 18:02.
Old 15th April 2015, 18:21   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
2 - I am terribly disappointed with the Havells fans running at my place. No way am I buying Havells again. Is there a made in India brand that you know of ?
I would recommend 'crompton greaves' for fans. I have been using them for couple of decades. No issues.
Old 16th April 2015, 09:43   #5120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I would recommend 'crompton greaves' for fans. I have been using them for couple of decades. No issues.
We equipped our home in Lucknow with 100% crompton in 1967 and they worked fine till 2000 when I rented out the house and the tenant changed to lot. In our home in Kanpur we went the same route in 2001, but I have had to change one fan (bearing failure).
Old 16th April 2015, 09:51   #5121
Senior - BHPian

there is another brand of fans in India. Power consumption only 35W. It will save 15 units every month in high usage areas.

https://superfan.in/
Old 16th April 2015, 10:00   #5122
BHPian

I have tried and recommend 'Superfan' a Coimbatore based company. Very energy efficient and available in different colours in Flipkart and Amazon.in.

In fact I came to know about this brand from Teambhp itself on this very thread some 8 months back.

(edit: well the earlier post beat me to this brand before I posted!)

Last edited by manim : 16th April 2015 at 10:02.
Old 16th April 2015, 10:41   #5123
BANNED

Hi guys,
I am planning to buy a new uv based water purifier as the TDS level in my area is acceptable (around 100). I have zeroed on two choices:
Kent Maxx @ 7000
Aquaguard classic @8500

Please advise and help me in deciding. Any other purifiers may be suggested too.

Thanks.
Old 16th April 2015, 13:30   #5124
Distinguished - BHPian

We have Crompton Greeves fans. No problem in seven years except an occasional capacitor replacement.

What I want is a slow fan. Current marketing seems to require fast, and even the slowest setting on the regulator is too much for me.
Old 16th April 2015, 13:57   #5125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

What I want is a slow fan. Current marketing seems to require fast, and even the slowest setting on the regulator is too much for me.
Are you using a regulator or a dimmer? Asking because a lot of electricians install a dimmer instead of a regulator.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:01   #5126
Senior - BHPian

if you want slow fans, then just maybe a fan is not what you require. Install small ventilators to remove humidity and stuffiness. That is all some people require. There are ventilators that can work in reverse as well. i.e. work in both exhaust as well as pull in fresh air mode. If 2 of these can be installed in a room or a hall then one can pull out air and the other can pull in fresh air from outside. These work really really well in practice, especially to adjust humidity.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:09   #5127
BANNED

Still not received the answer guys. Please help me
Old 16th April 2015, 14:28   #5128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

"Dyson Bladeless Fans" are what you are looking for.

I know this post is not really helpful... these cost 30k+ but awesome gadgets.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:30   #5129
Senior - BHPian

Well, there is no beating Aquaguard Classic. we have one for 15 years now. Going strong. Just check the service in your area, as that tends to be spotty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
Still not received the answer guys. Please help me
Old 16th April 2015, 14:58   #5130
Senior - BHPian

What ran for 20+ years was a different breed. Be careful of buying fans from established brands. At one time they were made in India and the quality was excellent. Due to various reasons, most have stopped manufacturing and import the fans from China.

All that I can advise is to check
. They have ball bearings.
. The coils are copper and not Aluminium
. They are designed to work with electronic regulators

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks