Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 15:06   #5326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have a problem with my refrigerator power supply.

try it on a 15A line. I had this issue but changed the mcbs in the DB.
Old 18th July 2015, 16:58   #5327
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
try it on a 15A line. I had this issue but changed the mcbs in the DB.
I stay in accommodation provided by my workplace and changing things is a bit difficult. There is no practical 15 amp plug in the kitchen. The only one us used for the microwave.
I was debating whether I should get a stabilizer or change the MCB . Guess I'll just push the maintenance people to change the MCB. If that can't be done, I'll just try a stabilizer. The refrigerator has a stabilizer inbuilt. So not sure if an extra one will help.
Old 18th July 2015, 17:14   #5328
BHPian

The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
The only one us used for the microwave.

I was debating whether I should get a stabilizer or change the MCB
use a belkin 15a spike for both microwave and fridge. We use a dishwasher and a washing machine on a belkin in our kitchen.
The inrush current that is causing the tripping may not go away with a stabilizer, not very certain though...

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/page/9...nk&viewinapp=1

Last edited by diyguy : 18th July 2015 at 17:30.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:10   #5329
Distinguished - BHPian

Am trying out LED bulbs for use at home. I recently got a few, but looking at the output, I feel that for similar brightness, the LED bulb must be of the same wattage as the CFL bulb. If this is true, then is there any advantage of replacing CFL's with LED's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
So, the LEDs max out at 18w?
No, I see upto 30W for bulbs. Have not checked on tubes

Last edited by condor : 23rd July 2015 at 22:23.
Old 24th July 2015, 07:35   #5330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Am trying out LED bulbs for use at home. I recently got a few, but looking at the output, I feel that for similar brightness, the LED bulb must be of the same wattage as the CFL bulb. If this is true, then is there any advantage of replacing CFL's with LED's ?

No, I see upto 30W for bulbs. Have not checked on tubes
Here is a ready reckoner. Check the Lumens per Watt on the CFL specs before you make the decision, though.
Attached Images

Old 24th July 2015, 14:55   #5331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
Here is a ready reckoner. Check the Lumens per Watt on the CFL specs before you make the decision, though.
Thanks, @techiecal. Looks like the difference at this time is not significant.
Old 24th July 2015, 15:21   #5332
BANNED

Is there a regular bulb (not CFL or LED) which is reasonably water resistant? Some water splashed on the bulb in my bathroom and since the bulb was hot, it broke - this seems dangerous - so I was wondering if there is some bulb which is water resistant.
Old 24th July 2015, 18:54   #5333
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rakshak Gas Guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Has anyone been using this gas saving and safety device? They say it saves around 25% of gas and also acts as a safety device. It would be installed between the regulator and the cylinder.

http://rakshakgasguard.com/

Please advice.
I have been using this in our home for the past one year. Seems to do its work as advertised. The replacement of the cylinder has gone up by a week now whereas earlier it was replaced every month.

The buying experience was also quite good. After putting up an enquiry in their website, their representative called me the next day and answered all the queries patiently. The device was delivered and installed as promised in about 4 days, if I remember right. The owner himself drove down for the installation and had a good chat briefing about its pros.

The only eyesore is the mounting on the cylinder, hangs precariously on the handle. My heart skips a beat everytime I see this. Otherwise a good buy.
Old 24th July 2015, 23:12   #5334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is there a regular bulb (not CFL or LED) which is reasonably water resistant? Some water splashed on the bulb in my bathroom and since the bulb was hot, it broke - this seems dangerous - so I was wondering if there is some bulb which is water resistant.
Any glass bulb will break with water splashes. It is recommended to use a semi-covered fitting in bathrooms to avoid this. LED bulbs though have a plastic shell. You can try but still not recommended without a suitable enclosure in bathrooms.

Last edited by techiecal : 24th July 2015 at 23:32.
Old 24th July 2015, 23:47   #5335
Distinguished - BHPian

LED bulbs that I have got so far actually have an opening .. So water can get in when the circumstance is suitable
Old 25th July 2015, 12:07   #5336
BHPian

How is Pigeon air fryer compared with Philips? The price margin is huge. Snapdeal is selling Pigeon today for 3999, which is tempting.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:32   #5337
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried ordering Finish Dishwasher products from their website - http://www.buyfinishonline.com recently.
Their products were out of stock for a while and on sending an email I got a reply stating products will be replaced by a product called Vanish. When I asked for more information, there was no response.
A couple of weeks ago their products were in stock and I ordered.
I haven't had any response after the payment. I have emailed them.
I called up their customer support and the response was very bland. Sir, the systems are not working, we will get back to you when it works.
Has Finish closed down in India? If so, why are they still taking orders and accepting payments?
My last order with them was quite a few months ago and there was a long delay before I got the products. Others on this forum also say that delivery takes a long time. This is the first time I am having difficulty trying to find out if they actually are still functioning.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:53   #5338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
How is Pigeon air fryer compared with Philips? The price margin is huge. Snapdeal is selling Pigeon today for 3999, which is tempting.
I have used both and the Pigeon one is a little inferior when it comes to the material for the inner metal basket - BUT - I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Total VFM.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:48   #5339
BANNED

Quote:
Their products were out of stock for a while and on sending an email I got a reply stating products will be replaced by a product called Vanish. When I asked for more information, there was no response.
I was surprised to see the Needs supermarket in Gurgaon full of Finish. I do not think they will vanish without a trace. May be they are reorganizing.
Old 27th July 2015, 22:00   #5340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Isn't the size/volume of pigeon lower at 2.2 liters? It seems philips is around 3 liters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I have used both and the Pigeon one is a little inferior when it comes to the material for the inner metal basket - BUT - I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Total VFM.
Would that make a difference to the food? BTW, how does it compare with food prepared in oil?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks