Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 16:56   #5596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyaskr View Post
Does anyone use stabilizers for washing machine? If so, what rating should I go for.
Planning for some thing on that line. Check what is the current rating of the machine, and get one accordingly. My Panasonic is rated for 5A, so I plan to get something that can hold upto 6A.
Old 16th October 2015, 17:00   #5597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... So, I bought a new Siemens front load 7kg washing machine with power consumption of 2190 W. Does anyone use stabilizers for washing machine? If so, what rating should I go for. I don't want the new machine to get fried like the previous one.
I should go for 3kw or maybe 4.

Tell us about your washing machine! What model? Price?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 16th October 2015 at 17:01.
Old 18th October 2015, 09:57   #5598
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to get this front loading washing machine from LG with their new "Direct Drive" technology

http://www.flipkart.com/lg-f8091ndl2...51201&srno=b_5

Anyone using this washing machine? Also, which online website is best as I might get this washing machine for around 21K from a Reliance Store here.
Old 18th October 2015, 11:14   #5599
Senior - BHPian

I have the 6.5kg model. Excellent machine, no problems in over 2 years of service. One thing that you must note is that the internal volume of LG machines is much less than that of German machines. Our IFB had 50% more volume for the same capacity. So if you wash a lot of clothes you will need a larger capacity. Front load machines should have around 1/4 space left at the top for the "Tumble" action to be effective.
Old 18th October 2015, 22:50   #5600
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Planning to get this front loading washing machine from LG with their new "Direct Drive" technology
I do not remember the model but we have a Direct Drive Front Loader from LG for over two years. Before that we also had an LG front loader.
Old 19th October 2015, 09:18   #5601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I should go for 3kw or maybe 4.

Tell us about your washing machine! What model? Price?
I bought Siemens WM10K260IN model from Siemens store in Bangalore.
MRP is Rs 36500 but with employee discount and exchange of my old machine got it for 26k.

Love the model, extremely quiet and washing quality is superb. Load sensing water level control is a boon in Bangalore.

It has something called 'VoltMonitor', so the installation guy said voltage stabiliser is not necessary.
Old 19th October 2015, 17:27   #5602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought Siemens WM10K260IN model ... ... ...
Very nice. LG has a good reputation here, but I got a bad one, and as soon as it dies (ie when it has shaken itself to pieces, which it will one day) I will go for something like yours.
Old 19th October 2015, 22:04   #5603
Senior - BHPian

This goes out for you T.E.D.

Quote:
Very nice. LG has a good reputation here, but I got a bad one, and as soon as it dies (ie when it has shaken itself to pieces, which it will one day) I will go for something like yours.
Old 19th October 2015, 23:06   #5604
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone using this washing machine? Also, which online website is best as I might get this washing machine for around 21K from a Reliance Store here.
I have a lg one for the past two years. Trouble free so far. Go for it, the variety of wash programs it has makes washing a breeze and it is been petty reliable so far.
Old 20th October 2015, 01:40   #5605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Yep. That is how my LG behaves and, as it is on a raised ledge it throws itself off and lands face down.

It is prevented from doing that by using special anti-vibration/sticky feet. They work well, but I still do not dare use the higher spin speeds.

I'm not the only one, but the internet seems to suggest that, other owners of shaking LGs never got the problem fixed, even with the machine being taken to the factory, which puts me off even bothering.
Old 20th October 2015, 01:49   #5606
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the dance form is a craze amongst washing machines, no bar on make(s)

Quote:
I'm not the only one, but the internet seems to suggest that, other owners of shaking LGs never got the problem fixed, even with the machine being taken to the factory, which puts me off even bothering.
Old 20th October 2015, 06:34   #5607
BANNED

Quote:
It is prevented from doing that by using special anti-vibration/sticky feet. They work well, but I still do not dare use the higher spin speeds.
There could be resonance so the higher speed may even make it smooth again once you are through the resonance.
Old 20th October 2015, 07:40   #5608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Highly recommended, we have the same one for about an year now. Excellent wash quality, very silent but needs a balanced load to spin well. For example, mixing very heavy fabrics (curtain etc) with relatively lighter ones (bedsheets etc) CAN cause an unbalanced drum. However it senses it and signals immediately. Have mastered the art now.

Overall a great buy.
Old 20th October 2015, 08:22   #5609
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all who shared their inputs. Looks like LG is a clear favorite in most appliances and I too had great experience with their fridges, tv and ac and no wonder they are the leaders in white goods

Whenever I tried out a different brand had bad experience. For e.g : I have a 2 ton whirlpool AC which I bought only because it was 30K and 5 stars turned out to be a horrible investment as it doesn't chill fast enough, its gas gets exhausted or leaked within a few weeks. I just feel like dumping it in trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Highly recommended, we have the same one for about an year now. Excellent wash quality, very silent but needs a balanced load to spin well. For example, mixing very heavy fabrics (curtain etc) with relatively lighter ones (bedsheets etc) CAN cause an unbalanced drum. However it senses it and signals immediately. Have mastered the art now. Overall a great buy.
We have set out mind to get this one. Any idea how much you paid for it 1 year ago?
Old 20th October 2015, 10:38   #5610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

https://Youtu.be/_HhbkpaT7dk
Yikes! I thought front loads didn't have this problem, but I was mistaken, I see. Like a telecom tower, these things seem to need a concrete base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks