Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 23:49   #5701
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys : Need urgent help in suggestions for a Microwave < 10K

Any brands/model no's with source info (online/brick & mortar) would be really helpful

Thank you !!!
If you're looking for a solo microwave (no Grill or Convection) this is what i got a couple of months back, it's the most VFM.

Do check this out at the local store or at Croma or Reliance Digital, I managed to get a good deal at Reliance Digital under exchange for the my old Convection Oven, got 900 off in exchange when I told them I was getting 700 off at Croma in exchange.

http://www.amazon.in/Samsung-MW73AD-...solo+microwave
Old 16th November 2015, 12:54   #5702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnelly View Post
If you're looking for a solo microwave (no Grill or Convection) this is what i got a couple of months back, it's the most VFM
Thanks. Need a Microwave with all 3 options as standard (including Grill & Convection)
Old 16th November 2015, 16:04   #5703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I need to buy a storage water geyser and wanted to know the brands that I should be looking at.
Update - I bought Racold's Eterno Dg (25L).

It comes with a remote, custom water temperature setting and timer so all in all pretty convenient to use.

What I wanted an answer to was, it comes with 3 different element settings i.e. one can use 1kw, 2kw or 3kw elements to heat up the water but why would anyone ever want to use 1 or 2 kw setting. The energy used to heat up the water to the set temperature is going to be the same as time will vary with each setting so what's really the logic here?
Old 16th November 2015, 16:19   #5704
Senior - BHPian

Karcher MV4 Vacuum cleaner - Failed in a week!

We bought a karcher MV4 vacuum cleaner in our office for internal use on Oct 29th. The very next week the machine failed! The power switch which needs to be turned clockwise to turn the machine on doesn't stay in the ON position. It comes back to OFF position if we turn it ON.

There is no Karcher service center in Trivandrum and the service center is in Cochin. It wa me who suggested Karcher as it is supposedly a more premium product over Bosch equivalent. First of all we didnt expect it to fail in a week and since the quality wassupposed to be good we didn't in having to reach out for support so soon in its life.

They do not provide on-site support for this range of products and so we took it back to the sop where we bought from. No updates from them so far, we took it there on 12th Nov.

So much for the better quality over Bosch! I had to use Bosch's service for my old pressure washer and their service was prompt. Should have suggested Bosch instead of Karcher.

PS: Just received a reply to my grievance mail to Karcher saying that the Trivandrum dealer had dispatched the item to their Cochin service center. No updates from the dealer though! Still, in future only buying product with local support and service.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:57   #5705
Senior - BHPian

Re: Karcher MV4 Vacuum cleaner - Failed in a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
We bought a karcher MV4 vacuum cleaner in our office for internal use on Oct 29th. The very next week the machine failed!
Please keep us posted on updates. I was eyeing Karcher's MV3 for home use but decided to buy the geyser instead and deferred this purchase. Will be very interested to know how Karcher handles the after sales.
Old 16th November 2015, 19:17   #5706
BHPian

Grinding mustard

I use a small coffee grinder to grind my mustard ( I make just a few spoonfuls) -- it is done in seconds, doesn't heat up, and the result is excellent (far better than the Sunrise brand mentioned above). Mixed with water into a paste, it is as good as freshly wet-ground mustard. Works for other dry spices too (when the quantity needed is not much).
Old 16th November 2015, 19:29   #5707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Update - I bought Racold's Eterno Dg (25L).

It comes with 3 different element settings i.e. one can use 1kw, 2kw or 3kw elements to heat up the water but why would anyone ever want to use 1 or 2 kw setting. The energy used to heat up the water to the set temperature is going to be the same as time will vary with each setting so what's really the logic here?
This is a very useful feature, IMO. Consider this: my apartment is limited to 3KW power (builder did it that way, practically impossible to get it increased now). It's a 3-bed/bath apartment. If we turn on two of the geysers, and also the microwave, the MCB trips. If I had this option, assuming one was not in a hurry, one could have the two geysers set to 1 KW each and there would be a reserve of power for using the mixie, grinder, microwave, etc.

When the power goes off, the apartment generator kicks in, but power is limited to 1 KW per apartment. This is not enough to power our geysers, so eventually we have to heat water on the stove for our bath. The 1KW option on your geyser *may* just about work in this situation without tripping the MCB.

If you don't have such constraints, this feature is of no use to you.

But all builders are doing shenanigans like this to reduce the initial deposit / payment to the electrical utility. Net result is the idiotic limits one has to live with.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:13   #5708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I use a small coffee grinder to grind my mustard ( I make just a few spoonfuls) ...
The little grinder that I killed coped with much less. Half a tea-spoonful or even less.
Old 17th November 2015, 16:32   #5709
BHPian

Oh, ... mine manages half a tsp just fine. Haven't tried anything less. Usually make a couple of tsp at a time, and put any leftover in the fridge (single-person use).
Old 17th November 2015, 18:09   #5710
Distinguished - BHPian

meerkat, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Actually I was in Yelagiri from the 8th to the 12th and was surprised that it was giving us boiling hot water. They had solar panels and in muggy and rainy conditions it was still working well! In fact this made me think I should be getting one for our home .
Today's grey sky has seen enough energy reach our solar heater for it to get up to bathing temperature . The insulation is pretty good, and, assuming we don't use it up (there are only the two of us, so 150Ltr is generously specced) it will stay hot for at least 24 hours.
Old 24th November 2015, 13:44   #5711
BHPian

Can someone help me with what this bulb is called? This is a green color bulb that conked off in our water heater recently - I've not been able to find these in the usual electrical shops.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_2855.jpg  

Old 24th November 2015, 16:38   #5712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can someone help me with what this bulb is called? This is a green color bulb that conked off in our water heater recently - I've not been able to find these in the usual electrical shops.
It looks like NE2 type Neon indicator bulb with its series 150k resister. It acts as an Power On indicator.
Old 24th November 2015, 17:20   #5713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It looks like NE2 type Neon indicator bulb with its series 150k resister. It acts as an Power On indicator.
Thank you. Now I know what it is! Can I replace it with an LED bulb somehow? Not sure where I'd find them.
Old 24th November 2015, 18:15   #5714
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Now I know what it is! Can I replace it with an LED bulb somehow? Not sure where I'd find them.
You get 15A/5A switches that have these bulbs in them as an indicator that the switch is powered on. You can cannibalize one of them. Alternately, you can get this from the serial lights that you get for decoration. You should find the bulb though at your local electrical/electronics market...
Old 24th November 2015, 20:07   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think so. LED is 1.5V device, while neon is a high voltage device. You will find the bulb at a major electrical store. Else cannibalize a switch with neon, or a Tester which has a similar bulb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks