Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 16:25   #5746
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Our IFB dishwasher is giving trouble and it is near impossible to get the technician to respond. Logged 3 calls till date and didnt receive any response from the service centre.

When i check with the customer support, they assure me of a call from the service centre within 2 hrs but nothing happens. After a few days of this nonsense, the call gets closed with status as "issue resolved"

Is there a way to get these slackers attend to the repairs? Or is a new dishwasher the only option i have?

New dishwasher, we are considering Siemens and Bosch. Which is better in terms of performance and service?
Old 11th December 2015, 17:22   #5747
MK3
BHPian

Samsung completes 20 years in india, celebration offers

http://www.samsung.com/in/offer/celebrating20years/

LG has wedding offers, in a similar fashion

http://www.lg.com/in/wedding-offers
Old 11th December 2015, 17:53   #5748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Is there a difference between mounting the shower on the wall and on the ceiling? I am thinking about a simple 4'' dia shower head mounted on the ceiling. The bathroom has only a height of about 7 foot.
Ceiling mounting may need some work and can be tricky in the future if you need to repair/replace the pipes, needing extra work.

You can try what we did recently. When putting in shower fittings, I got the contractor to swap out the default 1 ft. shower head extension rod that came with the Jaquar fittings with a 1.5 ft. extension (as the tap/faucet mounting themselves occupy about 6 inches from the wall and I prefer an overhead cascade type shower flow).

This solution practically gave me an overhead shower which is still wall mounted and easy to service/replace.
Old 11th December 2015, 18:04   #5749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Our IFB dishwasher is giving trouble and it is near impossible to get the technician to respond. Logged 3 calls till date and didnt receive any response from the service
What kind of issues you are noticing with the machine? Ours just crossed its 3 year old mark and our experience has been satisfactory. Once, it did breakdown. After a month of wait for spares arriving, I sorted the diverter motor problem (F9 error code)with DIY. Later gave some tips to the service technicians on how to handle the issue.

Rest the machine has behaved well.
Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 11th December 2015 at 18:06.
Old 11th December 2015, 18:15   #5750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
What kind of issues you are noticing with the machine? Ours just crossed its 3 year old mark and our experience has been satisfactory. Once, it did breakdown. After a month of wait for spares arriving, I sorted the diverter motor problem (F9 error code)with DIY. Later gave some tips to the service technicians on how to handle the issue.

Rest the machine has behaved well.
Regards.
Maybe you can share some tips on how to get the service technician to respond to the ticket raised.

Halfway through the wash cycle, the machine starts-stops every few seconds. The cycle doesnt complete no matter how long the dishwasher is left on.

Earlier, the problem used to vanish when i turn off-on the power and restart the dishwasher in a different wash setting. But now the problem persists no matter which wash setting i choose.

Our dishwasher is 9+ years old and at that time, Neptune model didnt have a display. Any tips to solve this problem are much appreciated.
Old 11th December 2015, 21:53   #5751
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! 9 years. I read somewhere in the manual that the expected service life of the machine is approx 10 years. Though it might be worth a shot to give the IFB service a chance. If they get to fix it, then you can push a big expense a few more months or if lucky, few years away. Thankfully, we have got a good IFB service center here and we have developed a good relation with them because of the 17 old IFB washing machine.
Old 14th December 2015, 17:46   #5752
Senior - BHPian

Thought this will be the right thread to ask this question.

My sister sent my dad these 3 spray attachments so that he can use it for watering the plants etc. However, when he went around asking for an attachment to fix the watering hose, shops don't have one. Can someone suggest what can be done?

The size of the inlets are - First and the longest 3 cm. Second one 3 cm. Third one outer 1.5 cm. inner 1.3cm. Only hose can be fixed directly.A circular clip is round it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_0246.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_0248.jpg  

Old 14th December 2015, 19:00   #5753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thought this will be the right thread to ask this question.

My sister sent my dad these 3 spray attachments so that he can use it for watering the plants etc. However, when he went around asking for an attachment to fix the watering hose, shops don't have one. Can someone suggest what can be done?

The size of the inlets are - First and the longest 3 cm. Second one 3 cm. Third one outer 1.5 cm. inner 1.3cm. Only hose can be fixed directly.A circular clip is round it.
Go to any plumbing shop with these and ask for a "reducer" attachment. One end will screw on to these the other end will be narrower to allow a normal garden hose attachment.

I have a feeling that these are high pressure units, so do not know how much water will come out at normal pressure.
Old 14th December 2015, 23:05   #5754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
However, when he went around asking for an attachment to fix the watering hose, shops don't have one. Can someone suggest what can be done?
Something like this is what you have to scout for in the local hardware shop. Show a picture of what you are looking for. Its not that common to find this as people barely use threaded attachments for garden hose fittings.

An alternate would be is to find out what the inlet thread size is and
1. Look for quick connect adapter. Usually available in Bosch or Karcher service center for use in pressure washers inlet connect.
2. get a GI pipe nipple that you can connect to a garden hose using a hose clamp.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:45   #5755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Go to any plumbing shop with these and ask for a "reducer" attachment. One end will screw on to these the other end will be narrower to allow a normal garden hose attachment.

I have a feeling that these are high pressure units, so do not know how much water will come out at normal pressure.
Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Something like this is what you have to scout for in the local hardware shop. Show a picture of what you are looking for. Its not that common to find this as people barely use threaded attachments for garden hose fittings.

An alternate would be is to find out what the inlet thread size is and
1. Look for quick connect adapter. Usually available in Bosch or Karcher service center for use in pressure washers inlet connect.
2. get a GI pipe nipple that you can connect to a garden hose using a hose clamp.
Yes, I was actually checking out some on AliExpress - and they are quite cheap. Will try and land some. Problem is I'm in Bangalore and am sure it is easier to get one here in a hardware store.

Thanks for the updates guys! Appreciate it.
Old 15th December 2015, 23:38   #5756
Senior - BHPian

I know a lot have been using Bosch Washing machines here. Can someone update me on the condition of the machine now and the time period for which they have been using the machine?

I have a LG Front Load Washing Machine which needs replacement due to its age and the load that it was put through. I am looking to get a 7KG model to help with the load.

I would like to know how the machine performs and if the service personnel are offering proper support when required.

I had no issues with the LG machine and the SC people also were prompt to attend when called upon.

I am open to suggestions about other models as well but German engineering thingy is pulling me towards it
Old 16th December 2015, 10:41   #5757
BHPian

With a BOSCH washing machine for over a year now. It's a quiet, efficient piece of hardware. Support is not a problem (calls attended and person comes on-site to attend).

There're some positive comments about Panasonic front loaders too if you want to take a look at a Japanese option.
Old 16th December 2015, 16:38   #5758
BHPian

Has anyone tried to source KitchenAid mixers from outside India? The prices and offers in US, for example, are almost 50% (or even lower) as compared to India...

I am aware of the 110v/220v problem, hence the question!
Old 16th December 2015, 16:47   #5759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Has anyone tried to source KitchenAid mixers from outside India?
I have purchased and used hand held mixers, blenders, choppers etc from the US and it works well with a step down transformer. No issues faced and still works fine after 5-10 years for various small devices. Have not got a mixie from there but have a singer sewing machine that runs well too for past 7 years.
Old 16th December 2015, 18:37   #5760
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have a Microwave oven which has run fine for 10 years with a step down transformer. The transformer was expensive though - I think I paid around Rs 2250 for the transformer 10 years back. It's probably far more expensive now.

Most Viewed