Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 13:35   #5806
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I can vouch for the reliability of the old fashioned mechanical timer. We have two, one a Sharp and the other LG, running great for ages now. I dont recall a single problem.

@fine69: Go to BigBazaar or Ezone and they have a Koryo microwave oven (only microwave) for about Rs.4500/- (20 liter capacity - plenty for a small family). It comes with an old fashioned mechanical timer.[/quote]
Old 29th December 2015, 20:29   #5807
BANNED

@Sebring; We had a 20l Sharp Microwave bought from HK in 1988 which served us for over a decade. What failed was one of the hooks for the door interlock broke, and after many attempts with Cyanoacrylate I finally gave up.
Old 29th December 2015, 21:30   #5808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Simple technique to diagnose a faulty microwave oven is keep a glass bowl with about a glass of water (250 ml or thereabout) inside and turn on the oven with full power mode. Wait for a couple of minutes and it should be hot.
Thanks much. The microwave has been serviced by a local techie in the past but I don't recall what was wrong. I think it may have been the power supply coil which was rewired. The water, milk, popcorn etc get heated just fine but will recheck and update.
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:28   #5809
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I am looking out to buy a fully automatic washing machine for my native.

This will be used only occasionally and mainly for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains etc.

Since this is going to be in my native, I do not want to go for models with limited service network (like Bosch, Siemens, Sharp etc)

I am looking at LG front load direct drive 6 kg now. Is that OK?

Is there any other models that are good?

Please suggest. The budget is 20 to 25k max.

Regards,
Barath
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:11   #5810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Bought the Bosch WAK24168IN on Thursday. Machine was delivered on Christmas day and installed the next. ... ... ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am probably going to buy the WAK20260IN. ... ... ...
Bought it. Thank you for your suggestions, but I just went ahead without much more shopping around. Might have done more if I had a car just now!

There was some drama and row involved with the original delivery. It got dropped, and we refused it. They have sent another one, but I wasn't here, so could not check before acceptance.
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:17   #5811
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
We had a 20l Sharp Microwave bought from HK in 1988 which served us for over a decade.

I have a Sharp bought in the US in 2005 for 50$. Still going strong. Not a single problem.
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:14   #5812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was some drama and row involved with the original delivery. It got dropped, and we refused it. They have sent another one, but I wasn't here, so could not check before acceptance.
It is handy to have a couple of friendly auto drivers and a mason on hand when faced with an abusive delivery driver determined to make others suffer for his new year enjoyment!

I won't name names: a complaint has been lodged, and I guess that, if this was a frequent occurrence, the company would suffer badly. Just glad to have had some tough guys (albeit with gentle souls) around at the time! Come to think of it, my wife was pretty vocally tough too: I have never seen her so angry!

We have a box, waiting. I have installed several washing machines; I know what needs to be done, and, in other countries the customer would often do it anyway, but I am leaving it for the company men: if anything is wrong, then they won't be able to blame me!
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:29   #5813
BHPian

Quote:
It is handy to have a couple of friendly auto drivers and a mason on hand when faced with an abusive delivery driver determined to make others suffer for his new year enjoyment!
Our first Samsung fridge back in 1997 or so was dropped during delivery. The guy was drunk though not abusive and took it back. Prior to that, the one they delivered had a dent which I sent back. So the third attempt was their display model with a months delay and so far it is still running well. It had the glue mark from the display sticker price tag on the freezer door.
It's unfortunate on the drama with the delivery and best to put it behind for quicker healing... Easy to say than to deal with!
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:58   #5814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
It's unfortunate on the drama with the delivery and best to put it behind for quicker healing... Easy to say than to deal with!
Forgotten already... or, at least, faded into the events of the past month. It is hard to get too upset about such a thing when, just a month ago, we were waist-deep in filthy floodwater.

It is also just a small part of what our guys have done for us, before, during and after the flood. Real heroes!
Old 3rd January 2016, 15:21   #5815
BHPian

Couple of months back bought LG 20L Solo 700w MW oven from Amazon.in.
This is replacement for my LG 23L one with Grill etc(never used these features).Just used for reheating or occasional boiling of vegetables.As such the Solo is preferable for just reheating jobs. It has a mechanical timer.
http://www.amazon.in/LG-MS-2021CW-20...1814406&sr=1-1
Old 6th January 2016, 23:42   #5816
Senior - BHPian

Team,

I am looking for a water heater that does the heating automatically without me turning on or off the electricity. Something like this -> http://www.amazon.in/ANOX-AUTOMATIC-...c-91b036670c2b

But I am skeptical about the brand and the support that it offers considering that I have not yet been able to find anything about it apart from a facebook page.

Are there any products like these from any of the reputed major brands?

My home renovation is almost complete and is pending the water heater and the lights that needs to be used. So the decision in the water heater will help move things forward quickly.
Old 7th January 2016, 00:15   #5817
BHPian

The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
am looking for a water heater that does the heating automatically without me turning on or off the electricity. Something like this -> http://www.amazon.in/ANOX-AUTOMATIC-...c-91b036670c2b
Have used such in Malaysia. It was integrated with a pressure pump and this one seems to indicate the need for a pressure pump too. It needs to be wired safely and have the necessary protection to prevent shock and I am not too sure of its claim to work fine with existing 4sqmm wires, I could be wrong. Look at imported models with inbuilt pressure pump as I don't recall seeing a pressure pump in my brothers flat.
Here's a quick link
http://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/home-appliances/home-shower/jet-pump/dh-3mp1.html

Last edited by diyguy : 7th January 2016 at 00:17.
Old 7th January 2016, 17:39   #5818
BANNED

guys looking for some input on Haier geysers. currently only getting 2 options in dehradun in "50 ltrs Horizontal"

1. Haier E-Precis
2. Ferroli Caldo

Hows the performance and reliability of Haier geyser ?

Thanks

Last edited by rana_kirti : 7th January 2016 at 17:40.
Old 7th January 2016, 18:43   #5819
BANNED

@rana_kirti; Despite the German sounding name Haier is a pucca Chinese brand. So you take a call on what you go for.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:20   #5820
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone comment on quality and after sale service of Kaff products. I am upgrading my cooking range to KSQ 60 but not sure if Kaff is worth upgrading to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks