Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2016, 09:27   #5956
BHPian

Anyone used rubber feet for the washing machines that move during the spin cycle? I am tempted. Details here rubberfeet.in
I saw one review on Amazon stating that it is effective in noise dampening but not anti slip.
Old 17th April 2016, 10:33   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Anyone used rubber feet for the washing machines that move during the spin cycle? I am tempted. Details here rubberfeet.in
I saw one review on Amazon stating that it is effective in noise dampening but not anti slip.
I have not used rubber feet per say, but at one time I used squares cut from cycle tubes a lot - under almirahs, tables and once under refrigerator. These will dampened the noise, and if you rough the tube surface with a coarse sandpaper/rasp, then the surface roughness will prevent slips, so it will work perfectly under a WM.
Old 17th April 2016, 13:16   #5958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I used Silent Feet. An expensive solution, but it was effective at stopping my awful, horrible, dancing LG washer from committing suicide. They not only absorbed the considerable vibration, but they were anti-slip and stayed in place.

Thankfully, that machine is gone now.

Washing machines should not shake, dance or move. If they do, then, unless they are just rubbish design or faulty, the problem can be fixed be making them properly level. Use a builder's level (spirit level) for the job.
Old 17th April 2016, 14:13   #5959
BHPian

The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have not used rubber feet per say, but at one time I used squares cut from cycle tubes a lot
I am currently using hardened foam that is used to wrap stuff during shipment to prevent breakage. However it doesn't prevent the walk of the WM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I used Silent Feet. Use a builder's level (spirit level) for the job.
Will try the builders level, but silent feet looks pretty similar to rubberfeet!! I guess the floor is a bit uneven and if it moves a bit, the leveling will be of no use. Maybe I will mark the floor with a permanent marker so I know where to move it back.
Old 17th April 2016, 17:58   #5960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
silent feet looks pretty similar to rubberfeet!!
Silent Feet is much thicker, has an all-round circle on the top to prevent the machine slipping off, and has that magic substance that feels tacky like a mobile-phone-holder suction cup.

If you have to move your machine between use and storage then I don't know what to suggest.
Old 23rd April 2016, 23:49   #5961
BHPian

Any recommendations for a small table fan for kitchen usable for 1 person? Bangalore this summer is HOT!!
Old 24th April 2016, 06:59   #5962
BANNED

My son has just moved flats and the kitchens are fully equipped (all LG). The new flat had been occupied earlier by a Brit-Korean couple. We had an almighty vibration from the washing machine as soon as it tried to spin. Then my wife remembered the old occupants saying that they were using their own washing machine. On inspection we found the shipping bolts still there. Removed them and bingo.

Now there is a dishwasher problem. We found some salt stains in the bottom of the washer so it was obviously in use. I added salt, and rinse aid. When we ran the dishwasher it went through the full cycle but the utensils were not properly washed. Any ideas? What can I try out now.
Old 24th April 2016, 09:11   #5963
BHPian

What would be a simple, cheap, but good vacuum cleaner buy, with just a sucker and a blower? Nova?

I've used a Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner and do not need all of its functions.
Old 24th April 2016, 09:28   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
When we ran the dishwasher it went through the full cycle but the utensils were not properly washed. Any ideas? What can I try out now.
Did you try a more rigorous program? The economy cycle doesn't work for us. Also the water spray arms need to be cleaned well.
Old 24th April 2016, 09:51   #5965
BANNED

Quote:
Did you try a more rigorous program? The economy cycle doesn't work for us. Also the water spray arms need to be cleaned well.
I was running a normal program. Then after the first bomb out I tried the economy cycle.

How does one clean the spray arms. I was also thinking about the unit being run without water softening, ie no salt.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:36   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
How does one clean the spray arms. I was also thinking about the unit being run without water softening, ie no salt.
Both the spray arms are removable on the Samsung we have. My wife removes them and runs water through them to unclog the sprayer. She does this every two or three cycles.
On the salt, my wife stopped using salt as she felt it was having no effect. We use the corporation provided water and not ground water and so it is not hard. Other machines have a setting for the hardness but I haven't been able to find it on the Samsung. However in your case since the previous tenant was using it I assume the setting may be fine. Since you added the salt it is more likely the spray arms being clogged.
Old 24th April 2016, 11:27   #5967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a step-by-step guide http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-...torials-136169
Old 25th April 2016, 14:54   #5968
BHPian

I purchased the rubber feet from a local nilgiris store and it works brilliantly. It has stopped the onward march of the washing machine and it has dampened the sound too. I havent tried it at the full throttle 800 rpm but the normal daily wash at 400 rpm itself would make it move from its location. I had tried thick foam type absorbers at the bottom but they didnt help. These rubber feet are brilliant from our 2 days of usage. I hope it lasts long, but in anycase, it works. Anyone with this issue, should purchase this.
Old 25th April 2016, 16:16   #5969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I purchased the rubber feet from a local nilgiris store and it works brilliantly.
Glad it was a success! Thank you for completing the story
Old 25th April 2016, 19:43   #5970
BANNED

Sophisticated 'rubber feet' are also used in machinery and generators. They are called anti-vibration mounts. They may be used for damping out vibrations or stop transmission to the unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks