Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 23:21   #5971
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Also various kinds of matting. I did quite a lot of research on the net before buying the feet I mentioned a couple of posts ago.
Old 26th April 2016, 08:20   #5972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now there is a dishwasher problem. We found some salt stains in the bottom of the washer so it was obviously in use. I added salt, and rinse aid. When we ran the dishwasher it went through the full cycle but the utensils were not properly washed. Any ideas? What can I try out now.
I faced the same issue with my Bosch DW with utensils not coming out like new. I looked around on the Net and then DIY cleaned out the entire filter receptacle, outlet pipes as well as ran the highest temperature + longest duration program a couple of times and it worked for me.

Even with my LG washing machine, at least once a month I clean the filters and run it (empty) at the highest temperature to essentially dissolve and remove the hard water scaling and other residues.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:25   #5973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now there is a dishwasher problem. We found some salt stains in the bottom of the washer so it was obviously in use. I added salt, and rinse aid. When we ran the dishwasher it went through the full cycle but the utensils were not properly washed. Any ideas? What can I try out now.
Try running the dishwasher with a descaler on an empty cycle. I use Fortune descaler once in a while or where possible have used the Finish dishwasher cleaner or Affresh dishwasher cleaner (by whirlpool). These can remove some hard water residues.
Else use some lime or vinegar to rub on the salt stains and see if they come off.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:14   #5974
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I faced the same issue with my Bosch DW with utensils not coming out like new. I looked around on the Net and then DIY cleaned out the entire filter receptacle, outlet pipes as well as ran the highest temperature + longest duration program a couple of times and it worked for me.
It seems this is a common problem with LG dishwashers. The service chap as soon as he heard me diagnosed it as salt leaking out the the container. He just opened the cap, and put in an additional washer (he had one with him) and the problem is solved.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:43   #5975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
What would be a simple, cheap, but good vacuum cleaner buy, with just a sucker and a blower? Nova?

I've used a Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner and do not need all of its functions.
Can anyone help me out?
Old 7th May 2016, 07:06   #5976
BANNED

Hey guys, Need help.

We currently are in need to upgrade our Microwave oven. A Samsung 21L is what we are using now with main usage to heat food and bake cakes / biscuits.

The one that we are using was gifted to my sister during her reception but she didn't take it home with her as they shifted to Mumbai from Hyderabad. It was lying unused for 4 years in the cupboard. It's been 2 years now that we are using it.

Has a very peculiar problem which hasn't been solved by Samsung even though it has visited their service centre 4 times for the same problem with every visit we getting charged anywhere between 900-1300. We are fed up of it and looking for an upgrade to a reliable slightly bigger size oven.

Problem we are facing:

When the timer is set for 5 minutes, the oven runs for 3 minutes and goes into hibernation mode. It doesn't switch ON again for the next half an hour. Once it does switch ON it works for 3 minutes at a stretch again and then switches off. If the timer is set for 1 minutes, then the oven works for 5 minutes (1 minute x 5) and again goes OFF.

Samsung guys told it is PCB fault, they changed and charged us. Worked well for a day. Again same issue repeats.

Can anyone point out what is genuinely wrong?

Also do pour in your suggestions for a 28L microwave oven that will replace the 21L Samsung that we are using currently.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th May 2016 at 07:12.
Old 7th May 2016, 13:41   #5977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey guys, Need help.

When the timer is set for 5 minutes, the oven runs for 3 minutes and goes into hibernation mode. It doesn't switch ON again for the next half an hour. Once it does switch ON it works for 3 minutes at a stretch again and then switches off. If the timer is set for 1 minutes, then the oven works for 5 minutes (1 minute x 5) and again goes OFF.

Thanks in advance.
Apparently the control panel is failing. These control chips are proprietary and are manufactured in limited quantities. As a result, they may not be able to source a replacement chip. But they should accept that and shouldn't charge you anymore.

The only option is to bypass the control unit and make it manual. This is not recommended though. If it is bypassed, you will have to time it manually and the magnetron will not be cycled on/off and so it will be latched on at full power. The door safety interlocking switches will not be bypassed and so it won't cause any damage to the user.

The old fashioned rotary timer types are still available and most of the time can be interchanged regardless of the manufacturer.

The bottom line is get a new 21 L microwave oven for simple reheating. For baking cakes/Biscuits get an OTG.
Old 7th May 2016, 14:11   #5978
Senior - BHPian

Even I would suggest that you get the least feature rich (hence least expensive) microwave for reheating food.

For baking nothing beats a normal oven be it electric or gas, and OTG is best bet if you want small capacity, else gas cooking ranges (with oven) are available at 20K onwards. OTG start at 3K, so less capital expenses.
Old 7th May 2016, 15:46   #5979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The bottom line is get a new 21 L microwave oven for simple reheating. For baking cakes/Biscuits get an OTG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Even I would suggest that you get the least feature rich (hence least expensive) microwave for reheating food.
Thank you both of you for suggestions.

Shall search for a 21L oven now.
Old 7th May 2016, 16:28   #5980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you both of you for suggestions.

Shall search for a 21L oven now.
Disagree man. While you should get something simple, but of the largest size that doesn't break your budget. Don't go for fancy "cooking" programs but size is invaluable.

We often cook rice in a large plastic bowl that simply wouldnt fit in a 21L oven.

Of course, if you'll simply reheat food in small bowls, then yes, the smallest size is all that matters.
Old 11th May 2016, 22:07   #5981
BHPian

Needed help with microwave trouble. The microwave (Samsung, combination) has been behaving weird for past few days. At times it heats food properly but at times it simply does nothing though the light turns on (when door is opened) and the tray also rotates during the entire period for which container is in the microwave. Output though is same temperature, no heating at all. Then all of a sudden, after some time gap it works fine till it fancies and then again goes cold.

Have called the service center and they should be coming in tomorrow or day after. Anything specific that we should be looking for / asking for? Post this we have not tried baking or grilling but only microwaving. Not sure how these work so could it be possible that baking grilling works but reheating only fails?

Inputs appreciated.
Old 11th May 2016, 22:25   #5982
BANNED

Which brand of microwave oven do I go with?

Since I have experienced Samsung and their no so great ASC, thinking to shift brands this time.

How are IFB and LG?

Any feedback?
Old 11th May 2016, 22:54   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
The microwave (Samsung, combination) has been behaving weird for past few days. At times it heats food properly but at times it simply does nothing though the light turns on (when door is opened) and the tray also rotates during the entire period for which container is in the microwave. Output though is same temperature, no heating at all. Then all of a sudden, after some time gap it works fine till it fancies and then again goes cold.
Is the voltage in the 220V range and consistent? I had a similar problem with my MW oven and low voltage. Later found that if the voltage drops around 200V the MW stops working. It worked at voltage >215V.
Old 11th May 2016, 23:07   #5984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How are IFB and LG?
We've begun to love LG's appliances at home. Refrigerator, TV, Washing Macine are all LG products. We bought a combo oven (Microwave+Oven, costed 22k INR) about 3 three years back and it works perfectly fine. Never needed to call the service for any issue. Their customer support is good too. Had an issue with the Washing Machine and it was promptly fixed. My dad is a satisfied LG customer.

IFB customer service is good in Bangalore. Only issue is that their part replacements are expensive if they fail. Our third dishwasher is performing flawlessly.
Old 11th May 2016, 23:19   #5985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
We've begun to love LG's appliances at home. Refrigerator, TV, Washing Macine are all LG products. My dad is a satisfied LG customer.
I agree with you buddy. We too have a TV, fridge and washing machine. All three of them are 16 years old with hardly any calls to ASC.

Seeing this reliability, I am inclined towards LG. Just wanted some opinions hence posted here. Thanks buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks