Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:20   #6061
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Anyone has first hand experience with Air Purifiers like the ones from Eureka Forbes? I saw the demo but couldn't judge the effectiveness in the short time.
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:47   #6062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone has first hand experience with Air Purifiers like the ones from Eureka Forbes? I saw the demo but couldn't judge the effectiveness in the short time.
Try smartair.com

I am using their basic Air Purifier and it works. VFM.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:02   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone has first hand experience with Air Purifiers like the ones from Eureka Forbes?
I have the eureka Forbes one. It's collecting dust beside my cot. Don't use it and not really sure of its effectiveness. Wife has allergies so purchased this but hasn't really benefitted I guess.

The Home Appliance thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469269928.199015.jpg

Have a look at the Daikin and Sharp ones too.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2016 at 07:12. Reason: Spacing between image and text.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:49   #6064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Have a look at the Daikin and Sharp ones too.
Do not buy anything from Sharp. I have wasted money on what seemed like a great AC. Getting it fixed the first time, under warranty, was ok, but it failed again in weeks. Now I have paid for an AMC and have been waiting months for a new indoor-unit motor to fix the noise it makes.

The local maintenance company told us that they have over fifty customers waiting for various spares, and nothing being supplied from Sharp.

It looks as if the company has just collapsed in India. Whether this extends to all products, or just air conditioners, I have no idea, but even if it doesn't. the brand name does not deserve support.

In the electronics world, I used to have more respect for Sharp than for Sony. They made some great stuff. Some really nice TVs, etc etc. It's like being let down by an old friend.
Old 24th July 2016, 13:11   #6065
BHPian

Bought bosch WAK20260In washing machine. Machine is heavy(63KG) and stable without any vibration and silent enough.
Old 24th July 2016, 13:15   #6066
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be the current rating of the current model of 6.2 kg washing machines ?
One is a LG front load (must 5.5 kg)
One is a Panaosnic top load
Old 25th July 2016, 16:55   #6067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My 5 year old LG 46inch smart TV display is gone. There is a huge amount of black space on the screen and the images are displayed only on the other half. Apparently, my little one was playing and hit the screen with a hard object. No physical cracks on the outer screen though.

Any one has other ideas for this? And if the only option is to replace the display panel inside, then, does it really cost 30K bucks? Any ideas are welcome.
Modern TVs are a pain to repair. The display panel and the modules are manufactured in limited quantities. If one of them fails and it is not a generic component, you will have to source the part from the manufacturer and it can cost quite a bit.
Old 25th July 2016, 17:10   #6068
BHPian

My 12 years old Kenstar (top load, tumbletop) need replacement. Done a quick research on the options. Thinking about going for LG direct drive model. Any feedback / suggestions and also any specific model number?

My requirement is - 6 KG or less, should be silent, don't need lot of features (just two or three different cycle options and heater will do)
Old 25th July 2016, 17:44   #6069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
My 12 years old Kenstar (top load, tumbletop) need replacement. Done a quick research on the options. Thinking about going for LG direct drive model. Any feedback / suggestions and also any specific model number?

My requirement is - 6 KG or less, should be silent, don't need lot of features (just two or three different cycle options and heater will do)
Front load LG 6kg models are the best VFM today. Just brows their site and choose one that suits you best. If you do not need 1200 RPM spin, then their least expensive model is the best buy
http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machine...2?returnFlag=Y
Old 26th July 2016, 20:52   #6070
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a good refrigerator of around 300 liters capacity.
I need one which can make ice relatively fast and has a decent sized freezer component.
Main requirement is reliability and durability and good A.S.S./warranty policy.
Also, ability to keep vegetables fresh for a longer period is good to have

My current one is Whirlpool double door 230 liters which has served me well for 11 years except that the door handle was brittle and broke a few times.
Old 27th July 2016, 02:38   #6071
BHPian

The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Please suggest a good refrigerator of around 300 liters capacity.
I need one which can make ice relatively fast and has a decent sized freezer component.
Main requirement is reliability and durability and good A.S.S./warranty policy.
Also, ability to keep vegetables fresh for a longer period is good to have

My current one is Whirlpool double door 230 liters which has served me well for 11 years except that the door handle was brittle and broke a few times.

I got this one https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-321...W9CXNXE6HAAKBY from Reliance store about 2 years ago and it does everything you have listed out. You can make a hell lot of ice and the vegetables stay super fresh. You can find multiple capacity options in this one.

However, if budget is not an issue, my friend bought this one https://www.flipkart.com/hitachi-336...FHZSHZYZCJANOY and well it does everything better than my fridge and the ice buckets never go empty. You can't go wrong with Hitachi.

Last edited by creative420 : 27th July 2016 at 02:39.
Old 31st July 2016, 16:51   #6072
BHPian

Hard water scales in dish washer

Attached pic is a 2 year old dishwasher which was not maintained well. Check the hard water scales all over interior parts. Obvious reason to do descaling for washing machines and dish washers periodically where hard water is in use.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-untitled.jpg  

Old 1st August 2016, 13:13   #6073
BHPian

Re: Hard water scales in dish washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Attached pic is a 2 year old dishwasher which was not maintained well. Check the hard water scales all over interior parts. Obvious reason to do descaling for washing machines and dish washers periodically where hard water is in use.
Whoa.. that looks bad.

Which dishwasher is this? Which area in bangalore, if you dont mind sharing?
Old 1st August 2016, 14:51   #6074
BHPian

This was IFB neptuna located somewhere in whitefield. Found this form classified sites. This could be the end result of not descaling machines on regular intervals. Few shops suggested me to do descaling once in a week. But the reviews on descaling powders show that it will end up in reducing the shining internal parts of machine. I ordered a descaling powder online for my washing machine. And planing to use it based on my usage. For now i am using the machine alternate days. So planing to do it once in a week. To be on a safer side we can keep the machine doors open after wash for an hour or so to dry out the water form mechanical parts.
Old 3rd August 2016, 06:44   #6075
Senior - BHPian

Do water heaters need any maintenance or cleaning? I have a Havells that is 2.5 years old. It has not given any problems so far. We have very hard water.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks