Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 10:23   #6151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My wife runs a women wear manufacturing unit. As with any kind of clothing business, there's a lot of dust kind of feel in the air. Its a similar feel which thread/cotton mills have.

While she has a 18 x 8 separate office which is air conditioned I wanted to understand if there's a way to check the air quality before I decide to buy her one of the air purifiers.

If to be on the safer side its better to get an air purifier what kind of technology works best, assuming there are many. My budget would be 20-25k unless something in 30-35k is like state of the art stuff.

EDIT: This looked like a decent product with the amount of features it has but I'm totally unaware of what all to look for in air purifiers.
While you can purify the air in her cabin, every time she opens the door the air will be fouled. In such cases you need an air lock (two doors separated by a short passage) so that the outside air does not have direct access to the room.

In short you have to tackle the air quality in her room as a project
. Airlock for entry
. Air filters - both primary and secondary for bringing outside air to the cabin
. Split AC for the cabin (as the window type will bleed dust into the room)
. Air purifier for cleaning the air in the room.

A stand alone air purifier will have very little effect and will soon be choked if the traffic to and from the room is moderate to heavy.
Old 5th October 2016, 12:12   #6152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I ordered the Mi Air Purifier 2 in the flash sale today for 9,999.

The primary use is for parents bedroom (14*16 feet) and I hope this helps my asthmatic mom.
Have you received yours yet? Any feedback?
Old 5th October 2016, 12:33   #6153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Have you received yours yet? Any feedback?
Hi Sanjay

I am expecting the delivery today or tomorrow. Feedback next week
Old 5th October 2016, 13:08   #6154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
does a domestic air filter help clean the air ? My mom is a severe asthma patient and I was thinking of getting one.
Quote:
I wanted to understand if there's a way to check the air quality before I decide to buy her one of the air purifiers.
I recently bought 2 purifiers, Panasonic F-PXL45A Air Purifier which has a Hepa Filter as well Neo technology. It does have different lights to show the quality of Air as well LCD display in case PPM is high. This cost Rs 21,000.

The second one probably one of best worldwide - IQAir Health Pro 250, during Demo/installation, Panasonic purifier was able to bring 350000 down to 30000 or so maximum but IQ Air within 30 minutes bought levels to less than 1000 Panasonic output side measured at purifier was never less than 2000 whereas IQAir output is Zero. If money is not a concern then should go with IQAir. This model retails around Rs 90,000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IQ Air.pdf (2.28 MB, 358 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th October 2016 at 13:16.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:43   #6155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
While you can purify the air in her cabin, every time she opens the door the air will be fouled. In such cases you need an air lock (two doors separated by a short passage) so that the outside air does not have direct access to the room.

In short you have to tackle the air quality in her room as a project....
Airlock is out of the question but we do have a split AC installed. In a day I'd say the door would open/close about 30 times at least.

I hear what you're saying, but wouldn't it still better the air quality to a significant extent even if the door opens/closes every 15-20 minutes?
Old 5th October 2016, 18:13   #6156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Airlock is out of the question but we do have a split AC installed. In a day I'd say the door would open/close about 30 times at least.

I hear what you're saying, but wouldn't it still better the air quality to a significant extent even if the door opens/closes every 15-20 minutes?
Yes Air Purifier will help, but with so many opening/closing cycles you will be straining the air purifier and the filters will need to be replaced in extremely short time if there is a lot of dust/lint in the air. Your situation is similar to having clean air in a room situation inside a coal mine - most challenging.

The Air purifier is a short term solution, while an airlock is a long term one. Depending on the cost of filters you will recover the cost of constructing an air lock in as little as six months.
Old 5th October 2016, 18:20   #6157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Air purifier is a short term solution, while an airlock is a long term one. Depending on the cost of filters you will recover the cost of constructing an air lock in as little as six months.
The product that I saw didn't need the filter to be replaced, only dusted. Its 2 filters have 10 year warranty each.
Old 6th October 2016, 11:27   #6158

Quote:
The product that I saw didn't need the filter to be replaced, only dusted. Its 2 filters have 10 year warranty each.
hmm .. intriguing.
Any link for this product?
Old 6th October 2016, 11:43   #6159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Filters that can be cleaned are generally large aperture mesh filters and are of no use for fine particulate matter. Filters that can intercept fine particles are made of special fibre filter material and cannot be cleaned, hence have to be replaced.

An apt comparison is the older type mesh air filters in cars that needed periodic cleaning and modern air filters that need periodic replacement.
Old 6th October 2016, 13:29   #6160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
hmm .. intriguing.
Any link for this product?
http://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-F-PXH...rds=air+filter
Quote:
Filters that can intercept fine particles are made of special fibre filter material and cannot be cleaned, hence have to be replaced.
Check this out, maybe I'm missing something.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:15   #6161
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-F-PXH...rds=air+filter

Check this out, maybe I'm missing something.
Some companies lose you in technical mumbo-jumbo in order to impress you. This looks like one to me. The "nanoe" they are talking about seem some chemical process of breaking down viruses, etc.

For your application I would recommend a standard non-mumbo-jumbo air purifier which has a pre-filter and a HEPA filter. By the way, HEPA filters are used in filtering air supplied to operation theatres.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:27   #6162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't an air curtain occupy lesser space? The kind that sits on top of the door and blows a stream of air downwards, as seen in malls.
Old 6th October 2016, 18:53   #6163
Senior - BHPian

On air filters: I was not aware of this category of products until a few months ago. Now I see this is the most active category of appliances being discussed.

I am curious: What is the driving factor for this in 2016?
Old 11th October 2016, 20:17   #6164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
Switch on the newly bought Dr.Aeroguard, and 30 minutes later I stop coughing.
Which model did you get, NoMind? Is Aeroguard part of Eureka Forbes? Thanks.
Old 12th October 2016, 12:35   #6165
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any feedback on good ceiling fans to go for? This is in Chennai. I need to replace a whole bunch of them at my folks.

Please do let me know. Tons of brands available online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks