Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2016, 06:38   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you go for the Wipro one? Am considering LED tubes myself but would like a philips one if there is one.
Yes, I bought the wipro tube light from Snapdeal.
Old 10th December 2016, 16:03   #6227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Yes, I bought the wipro tube light from Snapdeal.
Thank you for the confirmation. Are the other colors apart from pure white good for health or the eyes in some form? Reason I ask is I read a lot at nights and used to get eye pain when using a book light clipped to my book. Then I moved to my iPhone to read and it didn't help. Recently I started using the night mode on the phone and this removes blue color from the phone's screen and this has helped me significantly. I don't get the eye pains anymore. If the tube's alternate colors help I would still prefer to use a normal book and use the night mode (one of the colors) of a led tube light.
Old 10th December 2016, 17:02   #6228
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy a four burner built in hob with maximum cut out dimensions of 60cm 60cm. Fuel will be piped natural gas, any recommendations on makes & models and suggestions/pointers on what to look out for.
Old 10th December 2016, 17:42   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am looking to buy a four burner built in hob with maximum cut out dimensions of 60cm 60cm.
Have a look at Elica, they have a great looking and performing range. I went for them mainly due to the looks and the fact that they have a 5 jet burner in the set of 4 or 5. The flame is always blue and the brass burners were elegant in black. It is now two years or so since we purchased and very happy with the decision.
This is similar to one we have
The Home Appliance thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1481371908.332766.jpg
Old 12th December 2016, 14:51   #6230
BHPian

Found this useful guideline on my fb wall on how to select the right LED for your home. It's quite scary that fb seems to know my search and interest outside of the app as well.

The Home Appliance thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1481534475.937303.jpg
Old 12th December 2016, 21:07   #6231
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the confirmation. Are the other colors apart from pure white good for health or the eyes in some form? Reason I ask is I read a lot at nights and used to get eye pain when using a book light clipped to my book. Then I moved to my iPhone to read and it didn't help. Recently I started using the night mode on the phone and this removes blue color from the phone's screen and this has helped me significantly. I don't get the eye pains anymore. If the tube's alternate colors help I would still prefer to use a normal book and use the night mode (one of the colors) of a led tube light.
Why not just use a white incandescent bulb? No need to worry about CRI and other complicated parameters. And cheap too! Enjoy the tungsten bulb while it is still available, soon these will be sold at fancy "classic" prices.
Old 12th December 2016, 21:45   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Found this useful guideline on my fb wall on how to select the right LED for your home. It's quite scary that fb seems to know my search and interest outside of the app as well.

Attachment 1584276
While colour is subjective, I would go for combination of high as well as low colour temperature for the living room. Depending on the guests you are entertaining and the mood you want to create, switch on a set of 3000k or set of 6000k lights or combination thereof. The range available in the market is very limited. You get mostly 3000k and 6000k, not much else.

Similar scheme can be done in the bedroom, to create a personal and private mood lighting.
Old 13th December 2016, 18:21   #6233
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any suggestions for a good table top wet grinder?
Old 17th December 2016, 20:35   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, any suggestions for a good table top wet grinder?
Ultra is my choice. I bought one for my mom and it is working pretty well for last 5 years. My mom uses it everyday.
I have bought the same and it is going good for 3 years now. It has a timer too.
Old 17th December 2016, 21:28   #6235
BANNED

Guys better to install a 3 litre instant geyser for immediate hot water or install a 15 litre regular geyser and turn it on 15 min before washing dishes?

Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 00:51   #6236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Guys better to install a 3 litre instant geyser for immediate hot water or install a 15 litre regular geyser and turn it on 15 min before washing dishes?

Thanks
Depends on how cold the water is?
In Chandigarh we used to use an instant geyser. The same turned out to be ineffective in Himachal so shifted to a 6L regular geyser which works fine for our use.
Old 18th December 2016, 02:45   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Took a look at Elica, Faber, Kaff, Whirlpool & Siemens while searching for a desirable built in hob.

Does anyone here have experience with Siemens hobs, in terms of availability of service, spares etc.
Old 18th December 2016, 02:49   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Took a look at Elica, Faber, Kaff, Whirlpool & Siemens while searching for a desirable built in hob.

Does anyone here have experience with Siemens hobs, in terms of availability of service, spares etc.
Most of the experiences I have heard of are bad when it comes to built-in hobs.
Why don't you take a look at cooktops which, when placed properly can achieve the same look as a built-in hob without the inherent issues.
Old 18th December 2016, 08:20   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
I saw all these brands (except whirlpool) as well but the price of Elica was far lower than equivalent in Siemens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Why don't you take a look at cooktops which, when placed properly can achieve the same look as a built-in hob without the inherent issues.
Forgot to mention I purchased the hob but attached legs to it and use it as a cooktop. The hobs look far more refined than the cooktops out there.
Old 18th December 2016, 08:36   #6240
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Most of the experiences I have heard of are bad when it comes to built-in hobs.
Well, then it's time to hear about a good experience as well
Back in 2002, we bought a Faber chimney and it came with a Hob free. Had that installed after cutting the granite slab of the kitchen counter to accommodate it. We have had zero issues in 12 years. Only the rubber switch cover for the stove ignition (Rs.5) has been replaced a few times. The labels beside the knobs (indicating which burner the knob is for) have disappeared but that's about it, works perfectly.
Cooktops cannot match flush fit and finish of hobs, not to mention ease of maintenance and optimisation of available space on the counter.

Last edited by NPV : 18th December 2016 at 08:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks