Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:58   #6406
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I'm tearing myself between BOSCH vs LG. We've LG WM at home. The Cust. Service is simply amazing. No idea on BOSCH, but most of them are buying BOSCH DW
We've had an LG D1417WF for 6 years now, and has been our maid ever since then, except for times when it gave up on us. The direct drive motor is a saving grace. It comes with a 10 year warranty, and broke down twice in this span, with the most recent being last month. LG service is good in terms of quick response. IFB range of detergents are being used since the time of purchase, due to their easy availability. Though there are no major quirks, the only pain is the accessibility of the filter element (for trapping the dust particles). It's well hidden within a part that also houses an electronic inlet valve. Cleaning it can become a hassle if the water quality is poorer (meaning, sediments/tiny gravel in the water). Else, a good buy.
And finally, the purchase was made from the Pai electronic store. No specific research was done by us, and we took what we got from them!
Hope some of the info helps you make an informed buy, if you consider an LG product.
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:01   #6407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm tearing myself between BOSCH vs LG. We've LG WM at home. The Cust. Service is simply amazing. No idea on BOSCH, but most of them are buying BOSCH DW
I've never needed LG service even though I own 2 LG LED TVs and a WM - that should speak for the quality!

I suggest you stretch for the LG DW. These devices (touch-wood) are bought every 5-9 years and the LG DW specs and general quality appearance are far superior to the utilitarian Euro Bosch looks, which appear dull and 'cheap' now.
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:30   #6408
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for all the responses. Going to Buy LG. BTW, what is the difference between LG D1452CF vs D1451WF. The Spec. seems to be the same for both the models apart from the color.
Old 4th July 2017, 11:37   #6409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for all the responses. Going to Buy LG. BTW, what is the difference between LG D1452CF vs D1451WF. The Spec. seems to be the same for both the models apart from the color.
The cheaper one seems to be plain SS while more expensive has white coating.

https://gadgets.shiksha/efficient-lg...n-kitchen.html
Old 4th July 2017, 13:02   #6410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The cheaper one seems to be plain SS while more expensive has white coating.

https://gadgets.shiksha/efficient-lg...n-kitchen.html
Thankyou Sir. Pardon my ignorance. Couple of questions. What is the white coating? Would SS be right choice? Is it worth the premium of 4K on this model?
Old 4th July 2017, 14:26   #6411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou Sir. Pardon my ignorance. Couple of questions. What is the white coating? Would SS be right choice? Is it worth the premium of 4K on this model?
I have no idea, but generally it is enameled steel. I prefer SS, as it would be rustproof.

It seems that at least online the white DW is more popular, as it has more discount. To get an idea of the price and quality it is best to visit a few stores and haggle a lot.
Old 11th July 2017, 11:02   #6412
Team-BHP Support

My daughter appears to have rotated the knob of our fully automatic WM when it was in Eco Drum Clean mode. And now, the key/lock button is there on display and door is not opening.

It is a Samsung WM. Pretty close to this http://www.samsung.com/in/washing-ma...wf600b0bhwqtl/

EDIT: Unplugged it and tried again. There was water inside and I drained it. Back to normal now.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th July 2017 at 11:09.
Old 12th July 2017, 13:24   #6413
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have a Haeir Dryer which is now 11 years old & I think I have to replace it.

I can't find too many dryers available in India. I see IFB under 20000 Rs & Seimens & Bosch which are quite expensive. Aren't there any other companies selling dryers in India?
Old 12th July 2017, 14:07   #6414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a Haeir Dryer which is now 11 years old & I think I have to replace it.

I can't find too many dryers available in India. I see IFB under 20000 Rs & Seimens & Bosch which are quite expensive. Aren't there any other companies selling dryers in India?
Very few choices in India!

I have the IFB which I impulsively bought on a Flipkart deal. Frankly, although it delivers with lovely warm dry clothes, it IS quite noisy (combo of the air discharge, motor and drum rotation). However, I do not have any experience of the others, so cannot judge impartially.

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th July 2017 at 14:12. Reason: Grammar
Old 12th July 2017, 14:46   #6415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of questions. What is the white coating? Would SS be right choice? Is it worth the premium of 4K on this model?
From pics, I believe
White one is PCM(Pre-colored/coated Metal) and Silver one is VCM (Vinyl Coated metal).

VCM will have more gloss due to the extra Vinyl coating and it will be expensive compared to PCM.

Premium of 4k is only for aesthetics. No real functional difference.
Old 13th July 2017, 13:36   #6416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Got Bosch DW delivered yesterday and planning to do the installation this week end. We have used DW in USA, with Indian type of cooking and it works. Here the main reason for buying is to get rid of the maids.
Is it advisable to get the extended warranty for the Bosch DW? It comes with 2 years warranty and another 2 years extended warranty can be bought for Rs.5000/-.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:23   #6417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Is it advisable to get the extended warranty for the Bosch DW? It comes with 2 years warranty and another 2 years extended warranty can be bought for Rs.5000/-.
In my opinion, these devices rarely get spoilt in the first few years. Avoidable I think.
Old 21st July 2017, 07:09   #6418
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have microwave safe ceramic plates from Correlle. I was looking to buy plastic ones.

I found these in Amazon - www.amazon.in/Day2Day-Forever-Turquoise-Microwave-Quarter/dp/B01MR2XJDU

How I cannot understand this description

- 6-Pieces Full Plate, Dimension : 20x20x2 cm

What do these dimensions mean for a circular plate - is 20x20 the length & breadth of the circumscribing square? Because a circle itself doesn't have a length or bread.
Old 21st July 2017, 12:41   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

- 6-Pieces Full Plate, Dimension : 20x20x2 cm

What do these dimensions mean for a circular plate - is 20x20 the length & breadth of the circumscribing square? Because a circle itself doesn't have a length or bread.
20 cm refers to the diameter of the plate which will be the same as the circumscribed square
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:04   #6420
BHPian

I am looking out for a fruit and vegetable juicer. I currently use the preethi blue leaf extractor jar. The process is longish to have a clear juice.

I came to know about philips 1832 juicer.

1. Is this good enough and anyone using it?
2. Is this a slow juicer or centrifugal? How effective is this?
3. It costs about 5500/- at Amazon and 6500/- ay croma

Please share your thoughts or kindly recommend any other good juicers you have been using.

Most Viewed