Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 11:20   #7111
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Would you buy a car if the dealer told you he was giving you extended two year warranty and you had to call him for any issues and not the manufacturer? I felt the same way. I had a power cord burn issue and called the Samsung helpline. He came and replaced it and I told him it was in warranty and that is when he told me I should have called Croma and not Samsung and I had to pay for the replacement. Next time I did call Croma, they took a week to send someone and I had to go visit the store and speak to their customer service department in person, to make it happen.
Actually you need to read the literature. It is clearly stated who provides the warranty and whom to be contacted to avail warranty. I had bought Croma extended warranty when I bought a Samsung microwave and I had received a warranty leaflet which clearly stated whom to contact. I had issues with the microwave twice during the ext warranty period and both times the Croma technicians fixed it. It wasn't as smooth as normal warranty though. Most of these works are outsourced to local repair shops. Yet it works.

I do not see what the scam is here.
Old 21st May 2019, 06:45   #7112
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I do not see what the scam is here.
The underlying issue is communication, which was not clearly made by Reliance in my case.

I was just given an option of extended warranty. I never knew until I paid that it was the Reliance one and not the one being offered by the manufacturer.

Yes it was my mistake too as I assumed it to be just an extension of the standard manufacturer warranty. But when that is not the case, and they don't tell you this before you pay, you tend to feel cheated.

I had gone there yesterday and demanded a refund. They have promised it would be credited back to my card in 10 days. Let's see how it unfolds.
Old 21st May 2019, 22:26   #7113
BHPian

What is the best brand of induction cooktop? Is there any dos and don’t when using induction cooktops?
Old 27th May 2019, 13:56   #7114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Just bought a Samsung digital inverter washing machine from Reliance Digital. The model is this one:

https://www.reliancedigital.in/samsu...0b/p/491332636
I need to recommend a Washing Machine for my parents and was looking at LG, Bosch and Samsung as brands to start with. Since you bought the Samsung one recently - did you do any comparison, pros and cons between Bosch and LG? Can you share your thoughts on how you narrowed down on Samsung?
Old 27th May 2019, 14:41   #7115
Senior - BHPian

I think that particular Samsung W/M is hotselling as we bought one too. In my view, both LG and Samsung are the same. Be it product or service (In Bangalore). Our previous LG lasted 8 years before the motor developed a minor problem. This Samsung is very good. Bosch, I'm told, is not consistent - be it product quality or service (As per my friends who own one). Better to go with known devils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
did you do any comparison, pros and cons between Bosch and LG?
Old 28th May 2019, 03:28   #7116
Distinguished - BHPian

I am shocked to find that my Bosch washing machine, bought in January 2016, is rusting under the soap tray. I guess there's nothing to be done except paint some rust preventer on it. Hope it is not coming from the inside!
Old 28th May 2019, 04:52   #7117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am shocked to find that my Bosch washing machine, bought in January 2016, is rusting under the soap tray.
Thanks for the heads up, I need to check ours purchased Aug/Sep of 2017!
Old 28th May 2019, 05:20   #7118
Senior - BHPian

Rust is unacceptable. Especially in a 2016 machine. The water mixes in the soap tray and moves downwards so that is your contact area. It's not from within. You should write a strong letter to them, with pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am shocked to find that my Bosch washing machine, bought in January 2016, is rusting under the soap tray
Old 28th May 2019, 06:27   #7119
BANNED

I want to measure the temperature in different parts of my fridge. Anyone know what's the cheapest thermometer I can buy for this purpose?
Old 28th May 2019, 06:58   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I want to measure the temperature in different parts of my fridge.
There are many options on Amazon for 'fridge thermometer digital' from 140rs onward. I use a similar hygrometer device for measuring humidity in my room. It shows the temperature as well.
Old 28th May 2019, 09:32   #7121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I want to measure the temperature in different parts of my fridge. Anyone know what's the cheapest thermometer I can buy for this purpose?
You need one of those infrared thermometers at the least. They look like a gun and give you spot temperatures. Cost around Rs.1000.

Thermography would give you a better idea, if you know someone who has the equipment to capture a thermograph, this would be best.
Old 28th May 2019, 09:49   #7122
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I need to recommend a Washing Machine for my parents and was looking at LG, Bosch and Samsung as brands to start with. Since you bought the Samsung one recently - did you do any comparison, pros and cons between Bosch and LG? Can you share your thoughts on how you narrowed down on Samsung?
I never narrowed down on that beforehand. Went to the showroom, checked out what was on offer and then picked this.

I needed a digital inverter one because I wash daily. Bosch doesn't offer that motor from what I know. LG and Samsung are pretty similar as someone said before.
Old 28th May 2019, 17:22   #7123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Rust is unacceptable. Especially in a 2016 machine. The water mixes in the soap tray and moves downwards so that is your contact area. It's not from within. You should write a strong letter to them, with pictures.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of it, but might.
Old 28th May 2019, 18:37   #7124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
You need one of those infrared thermometers at the least. They look like a gun and give you spot temperatures. Cost around Rs.1000.
Wouldn't something like this work?

https://www.amazon.in/AptechDeals-th...dp/B07PM59XKN/

https://www.amazon.in/R-tek-DEVICE-D...dp/B07CJY5C92/
Old 28th May 2019, 18:42   #7125
Senior - BHPian

I'd go old school like this It's like a sticker
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-amc111_refrigerator_thermomter400x400.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks