Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 12:48   #7906
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Heh Heh, No - that's the correct side up.
You mean the directional sign is misleading ? Or it is based on the convenience of reading the print ?
Would still request you to verify. I remember misunderstanding other such signs. I can share them if needed.
Old 1st July 2020, 12:50   #7907
Senior - BHPian

It could be misleading since the company guys installed it. Ill share this pic with him on whatsapp. But, I'm not worried since the machine works well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
You mean the directional sign is misleading ? Or it is based on the convenience of reading the print ?
Would still request you to verify. I remember misunderstanding other such signs. I can share them if needed.

Last edited by Sebring : 1st July 2020 at 12:52.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:57   #7908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It could be misleading since the company guys installed it. Ill share this pic with him on whatsapp. But, I'm not worried since the machine works well.
Share with Service Engineer and not the technician as he would not admit his own blunder. It is not a Non Return Valve that would hinder operation. Water flow would be always there irrespective of its installation direction.
No doubt a Filter works both ways, but a Circular Filter is made to allow Inlet on External Surface (larger surface) so that the impurities trapped have enough surface to settle down or even stick to the filter surface. Thus, the core of the Filter serves as the outlet to the gadget. Yes, it would function other-way too, but not for optimum operation.

Request other members for their view please

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 1st July 2020 at 13:11.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 14:33   #7909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
NOTE both our Faff cooking range and Hindware chimney are imported from Italy. But as both the companies have a large service network and stock parts long term service will not be a problem.

Attachment 2023649
Kaff freestanding cookers are coming from China. Can you please check again.
Faber is the market leader in Cooker hoods and other cooking products in terms of volume. They also have local manufacturing and wide spread service network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
With lock down almost all dishwashers (esp Bosch 12 place setting that I'm looking for) have got sold out both in physical stores and through online platforms. The only one known brand available for delivery through Flipkart to my area is BPL dishwasher. Any users here in this forum and any review on it? Flipkart reviews are decent. I'm afraid about the service support for it in future. It costs less than Bosch 12 place setting too. I don't want to spend 50K plus for LG machine. Suggestions from members will help.
Yes this the pandemic effect. Dishwashers are totally out of stock and now with customs holding all consignments for inspection, the availability of fresh stock will mostly likely be delayed.

Last edited by kpzen : 1st July 2020 at 14:36.
kpzen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 15:40   #7910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Finally went ahead with 'Elica'.
Just curious: isn't that style on the tiles prone to allowing oil and other deposits in the various crevices.

Quote:
With lock down almost all dishwashers (esp Bosch 12 place setting that I'm looking for) have got sold out both in physical stores and through online platforms.
Here's my experience. I bought the last available piece of the Siemens (Siemens = Bosch btw) 12 setting dishwasher from Croma a month ago. No other physical store in Pune had any in stock. Turns out, that piece was damaged. That the piece would be replaced with new was quickly proposed and agreed by the Siemens installation guy and manager. That replacement machine took a month.

I was talking to the guy who came in to install it today: he said, there are several cases of damaged pieces because the transport guys aren't handling them right (for whatever reasons) and there's no stock in India. Out of desperation, a lot of customers are buying demo/display units that are invariably not perfect and have some damage.

I'd strongly suggest that you wait until supply chain is restored so you get fresh stock and if things are not right, can get it replaced right away.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:10   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just curious: isn't that style on the tiles prone to allowing oil and other deposits in the various crevices.
Not exactly. The picture is a bit deceptive.

The Home Appliance thread-02.jpg

Between Point A to Point B, it is silk smooth plain. The curve shown is raised about 1-2 mm, that too sloping (beveled edge) while alternating similar depression next to it. Absolutely no problem in swiping horizontally that cleans the edge of pattern too. Vertical patterns are just coloration in design only.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:56   #7912
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
I'd strongly suggest that you wait until supply chain is restored so you get fresh stock and if things are not right, can get it replaced right away.
Thanks for the update. I'm postponing the purchase until I see sufficient stocks of Bosch piled up for me to choose from. Heard that Bosch dishwashers will be available in 3 weeks time. By the time I write this that BPL one/s sold out too.
Old 1st July 2020, 19:04   #7913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Heard that Bosch dishwashers will be available in 3 weeks time.
Yes; I was told the same by the Siemens Area Manager. Bosch and Siemens are one and the same so be open to either; in fact, it is Bosch that handles manufacturing/service for both. We are open to Bosch/Siemens/IFB and bought what was available.
Old 1st July 2020, 23:05   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes; I was told the same by the Siemens Area Manager. Bosch and Siemens are one and the same so be open to either; in fact, it is Bosch that handles manufacturing/service for both. We are open to Bosch/Siemens/IFB and bought what was available.
Its all under BSH Household Appliances Pvt Ltd which is a part of Bosch Group.
BSH operates with the following brands across the globe. Here in India they have Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau.

The Home Appliance thread-screenshot-20200701-11.00.50-pm.png
kpzen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:01   #7915
BHPian

Is there any way to get quick visit from LG customer care for washing machines in Bangalore? I called their number but they have asked to send a message on whatsapp or register on website. It is 3 days since I have been sending the whatsapp message to the number they sent but nobody has responded.
TIA!

Thank you for calling LG customer care, Please select any option
Mob. App : http://bit.ly/lg-service [ Self Registration ]
Website: http://bit.ly/repair-warranty [ Self Registration ]
WhatsApp: 9711709999, click https://wa.me/919711709999?text=

Last edited by mohan41 : 2nd July 2020 at 13:03.
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:07   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Recently my 7 year old LG front loader stopped midway during washing. Called the LG support and they identified the issue to the corrosion of Rear Drum Assembly.

They've quoted Rs.6500 for the fixing which includes welding of a stainless steel shaft in lieu of original aluminum.
This same Galvanic corrosion happens in aluminium finned copper tube condensers of airconditioner also. That's why many are coated and called blue-fin condensers.
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:55   #7917
BHPian

For those who are (happily) using dishwashers, I have a question. I have heard that one needs to literally wipe down utensils / plates to an "almost" clean level before placing them for a wash and many people say that this will not work for our Indian dishes / conditions / food. How much of this is true? Do vessels need to be cleaned and rinsed to a specific extent before we can get them cleaned by the dishwasher? How well does the machine wash utensils with dried out food (example, rice or dal thats dried up and stuck on the sides of the vessel while heating and reheating, etc.)
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:15   #7918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
For those who are (happily) using dishwashers, I have a question. I have heard that one needs to literally wipe down utensils / plates to an "almost" clean level ...
Thirty years out of date. Perhaps more!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:24   #7919
Senior - BHPian

Just dump the dishes as they are. No rinsing required. These machines remove every debris. Hot was ensures hygienic plates, so its great all round. Don't worry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
For those who are (happily) using dishwashers, I have a question. I have heard that one needs to literally wipe down utensils / plates to an "almost" clean level before placing them for a wash and many people say that this will not work for our Indian dishes / conditions / food. How much of this is true? Do vessels need to be cleaned and rinsed to a specific extent before we can get them cleaned by the dishwasher? How well does the machine wash utensils with dried out food (example, rice or dal thats dried up and stuck on the sides of the vessel while heating and reheating, etc.)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:40   #7920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamegz View Post
Purchased Atomberg fans from Amazon this summer, delivery was quick.
2) Atomberg Gorilla Pedestal fan: This is 30W fan with 400mm seep. Fan is mostly ABS plastic, even blades exception is safety grill. This makes Fan light weight to move around. Again remote control is a add-on.
Atomberg does offer 2+1 years of warranty on all products as of now.
Hello,

Could you please share your experience with the pedestal fan so far in terms of effectiveness & build quality. Am planning to buy one of these for bedroom (do not have AC in that room and since it is a rented accommodation which we have to vacate once things stabilize, do not want to get an AC installed).

If not this, any other model recommendations would also help.

Regards,
S

Most Viewed