Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2020, 12:09   #8206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I had called the Bosch Brand Store in Bangalore today and enquired about Dishwasher availability and got a Response that Dishwashers would be available sometime next month (Oct 2020). Any additional inputs on availability part from others here?

I currently own the Serie | 4 SMS46KI03E Model and happy with its performance although it did have to undergo couple of repairs already.
Given the current scenario I am looking to buy another Bosch Dishwasher for my parents.

On the site the following models are listed as on date: Link
SMS46KI03I priced at 54K and SMS46KI01I priced at 53.5K
The SMS46KI01I is about 3 kg heavier than the other model.

Anyone has any idea what really is the difference between these two models?
Old 13th September 2020, 12:09   #8207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Bosch for around 30K.
Thanks - this model is discontinued, let me try calling up local dealers to see if they have any unsold stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not sure why you're explicitly not considering IFB
Thanks for your review. As it happens, majority of reviews I have seen about this brand scared me, installation and any service is suggested to be an issue.
Old 13th September 2020, 12:43   #8208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks for your review. As it happens, majority of reviews I have seen about this brand scared me, installation and any service is suggested to be an issue.
I own an IFB dryer for 3-4 years now. No problems with installation. I haven't needed any service till now, so don't know about the service part.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 13:59   #8209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not sure why you're explicitly not considering IFB but here's my experience anyway. I bought one (https://www.croma.com/ifb-5-5-kg-max...hite-/p/101053) a few months ago and have been using it extensively this monsoon. This model gobbles up about one and a half load of the washing machine and we end up running a 90min cycle everyday. Barring one or two clothes (a thick towel and layered pants), everything comes out dry and warm (not moist). Put in bedsheets and they came out dry even faster. So far, no color fade / shrinking.

When we bought this, this was the only model available: no Bosch/Siemens and we felt the condenser type weren't necessarily worth double the cost.
We have also been using an IFB dryer for the past 6 plus years with similar results. We got a good deal on it from a sale at Croma for around 13k. I don’t know why most middle class and above folks in India don’t use dryers. It solves the hassle of hanging dozens of clothes, dust falling on them and shortens the drying time from all day to just 90 minutes. In addition, we can wash clothes at any time whether it is evening or night and don’t have to worry about clothes not drying in the monsoon and winter times.
No service has been required so far in the past 6 plus years. No installation was needed. All you have to do is attach a hose to the back of the dryer for venting if needed. We haven’t done it as the vent on the dryer opens in to a balcony.

Last edited by Lobogris : 13th September 2020 at 14:01.
Old 13th September 2020, 15:09   #8210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
We have also been using an IFB dryer for the past 6 plus years with similar results.
No service has been required so far in the past 6 plus years. No installation was needed. All you have to do is attach a hose to the back of the dryer for venting if needed. We haven’t done it as the vent on the dryer opens in to a balcony.
+1
We also use this since last 4 years. Extensively used during monsoons and sometimes in cloudy winters. No problem. No installation required as long as you can attach a small back plate with 2-3 screws to hold the outlet duct in place.

The only thing that irritates me about this model is the lid. It is quite flimsy and made of plastic. Everytime I operate it I fear of breaking it. But nothing like that happened so far .
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 16:03   #8211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
The only thing that irritates me about this model is the lid. It is quite flimsy and made of plastic. Everytime I operate it I fear of breaking it. But nothing like that happened so far .
Yes!! I had the same feeling. I was sure it would not last. In addition, there is a power switch in it as the dryer shuts off when you open the door. So I was afraid that the switch would stop working or the locking mechanism would break but it has held up well.
Old 13th September 2020, 16:09   #8212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I don’t know why most middle class and above folks in India don’t use dryers.
After returning from my stays abroad in '15, I'd pushed my folks to get a Dryer (and Dishwasher) and there was tremendous resistance to both. From why need one when there's abundant sunlight almost all year round to not being wasteful about electricity, a Dryer seemed to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

It was only during the lockdown that I could push for a Dishwasher that the Dryer won as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
The only thing that irritates me about this model is the lid. It is quite flimsy and made of plastic.
Haha, absolutely. If this same model has been on sale for so long, I'm disappointed IFB hasn't made it better. We bought an IFB front loading washing machine two decades back and even that had a better lid.

Also, why not an electronic display and start/stop.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 18:57   #8213
Distinguished - BHPian

Basic brands for basic stuff. We bought the base IFB dryer for 13K on a deal 3 years back and it works perfectly. Only issue is that it is noisy and the switch needed replacement once at a cost of 500 bucks.

Super useful with no maid around coupled with the rainy weather.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:00   #8214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Had a samsung which worked for > 10 years. Replaced with a whirlpool 4 years back which is doing ok ( door hinges started squeaking / creaking ) - these were used heavily multiple times a day in the main kitchen.
Bought a marq for the pantry and has been working perfectly for a year ( used less than 10 times total ). Never used the convection and grill modes in the samsung I had ( cost 20k+ ) so my suggestion is save money if you don't use these modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
The second one you listed is a 21L model, it might still feel too small !

Thank you for your suggestions. Decided to reduce my requirement further and go in for a basic Solo MW Oven, since primary purpose was going to be reheating. OTG takes care of Cakes and Cookies. Narrowed down to a LG 20L Model and a Samsung 23L Model and finally booked the Samsung one from Croma owing to it's bigger capacity. Couple more factors in favor of Samsung were recent manufacturing of August 2020 and it's a made in Thailand Model. The LG one was Dec 2019. Only con i can see and also other people have reported is it's dark black door, making it difficult to see inside during operation. Hopefully, it's not a deterrent and serves us well in the long run.
Below is the one i have purchased:

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Solo-Microwave-MS23K3513AK-Black/dp/B07G5H4BX6

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2020 at 14:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it affects small screen users. Thanks.
abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:27   #8215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. Decided to reduce my requirement further and go in for a basic Solo MW Oven, since primary purpose was going to be reheating. OTG takes care of Cakes and Cookies. Narrowed down to a LG 20L Model and a Samsung 23L Model and finally booked the Samsung one from Croma owing to it's bigger capacity. Couple more factors in favor of Samsung were recent manufacturing of August 2020 and it's a made in Thailand Model. The LG one was Dec 2019. Only con i can see and also other people have reported is it's dark black door, making it difficult to see inside during operation. Hopefully, it's not a deterrent and serves us well in the long run.
Below is the one i have purchased:

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Solo-M...itchen&sr=1-16
Excellent oven. We have the same model and it is perfect for reheating etc. Also it has a light inside that turns on when its working so looking inside is not that big a problem.
Old 15th September 2020, 22:25   #8216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Only con i can see and also other people have reported is it's dark black door, making it difficult to see inside during operation. Hopefully, it's not a deterrent and serves us well in the long run.

I remember reading about this issue with the basic Samsung models when I was looking to purchase my own oven. The funny thing is, they are apparently well aware of this problem, and promote easy visibility as one of the features of their pricier models! I wonder whether they purposely designed in this lower visibility issue in their basic models so they could do this! It would be so devious of them if that is indeed so. Hope it doesn't prove too bothersome for you.
Old 19th September 2020, 16:09   #8217
BHPian

Yesterday I ordered Bosch dishwasher on Reliance retail website. It was delivered today. So looks like stock is slowly getting replinished. If anyone is looking for it please head to Reliance website .
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 22:34   #8218
BHPian

Any suggestions for refrigerator? Currently own a LG double door 365L which has served well, but cooling is down and stuff has to be thrown out early.
Went to few offline stores and thinking of buying Bosch but there aren’t many reviews on it

Bosch Series 6 KGN56LB41I 559 L Inverter 3 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07T9P2PVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.KJzFbCAG4DT6
Old 20th September 2020, 02:09   #8219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Any suggestions for refrigerator? Currently own a LG double door 365L which has served well, but cooling is down and stuff has to be thrown out early.
Went to few offline stores and thinking of buying Bosch but there aren’t many reviews on it

Bosch Series 6 KGN56LB41I 559 L Inverter 3 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07T9P2PVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.KJzFbCAG4DT6
My friend has a Bosch Inverter fridge which has packed up after 7 years. Compressor failure. This Inverter Compressor is not available in the open market and if it is, it is very expensive. The Bosch ASS has to replace under warranty as it is 10 years for the compressor but the ASS is not responding to his calls for the last 2 weeks.
Even when they visit, they charge Rs. 750.00 for a "call out". He is very disappointed with the ASS and is planning to go for an LG fridge this time.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 07:05   #8220
Senior - BHPian

When I purchased the LG dishwasher the installer promised to visit home four times a year and clean everything inside-out. Now they're citing Covid and nonavailability of man-power, and not even talking about any refund. I'm unable to get anybody on phone since its automated and they're hiding behind whatsapp bots. So think carefully before these installers suck extra money out of you. In this case, 7K
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks