Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 20:40   #8281
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I strongly suggest Mitsubishi. They have a product display/demo store on Bangalore's Ring Road too. Look them up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Any suggestions on Split A/C for home. 5 star rating preferred. Reliability and good after sales is a must.
Old 20th October 2020, 22:14   #8282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Winter is coming!!!

Yes, and we are fed up of cleaning dishes 3 times a day apart from other household chores along with never ending WFH and kid' school from home. Verdict from home ministry is out, we are going to get a Dishwasher, period.

Called all my known electronics shop and asked them to deliver a Bosch Dishwasher. They are conspicuously out of stock everywhere.

Back to drawing board, I concluded, I should not spend much on a Dishwasher. Reason, we are not going to live without Maid forever, are we? So, let' buy a budget one which can help us sail through for some time to come till our beloved "Bai"s are back again.

I found few brands those fits to my budget; Voltas-Beko, Hafele, Faber. These are readily available near me.
->Any review on these brands and products?
->How are the service of these brands?
Get Bosch dishwasher. Period Home ministry is right.

We planned all kitchen appliances when we moved to our new home. Full fledged stove, chimney and dishwasher. We have had experience of dishwashers during our stays in US. But I wasn't really convinced about it usage in India. Its been 3 years since then and we have never regretted out decision to buy one. Some of the dishes got cleaned so well especially the kadhais etc. that it left us surprised. In long run it will save you money and saves a lot of water while cleaning the dishes better.

The only thing one has to make sure is to you use water to instantly clean the dishes. Once it dries out the cleaning is not up to mark.
nibedk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 09:30   #8283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Get Bosch dishwasher. Period Home ministry is right.
The only thing one has to make sure is to you use water to instantly clean the dishes. Once it dries out the cleaning is not up to mark.
+1 and thank you for the pep talk.

Suddenly, last night around 11:30 PM, Flipkart notified me that, one of my marked Bosch DW was available again. It was the lowest entry-level model.
Before even thinking about whether to or not go for the base level, the availability went down from 5 to 3. Didn't think further and ordered one. After me, it was "Out of stock" again.

In the age of Corona, Bosch DWs are going for flash-sales and not Xaomi phones, I guess.

Coming to you second point, being the base/entry level, this model is void of "Intensive Kadai", "Extra Dry", "Vario" modes. How this will be going to affect our cleaning?
Old 21st October 2020, 09:52   #8284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
+1 and thank you for the pep talk.

Suddenly, last night around 11:30 PM, Flipkart notified me that, one of my marked Bosch DW was available again. It was the lowest entry-level model.
Before even thinking about whether to or not go for the base level, the availability went down from 5 to 3. Didn't think further and ordered one. After me, it was "Out of stock" again.

In the age of Corona, Bosch DWs are going for flash-sales and not Xaomi phones, I guess.

Coming to you second point, being the base/entry level, this model is void of "Intensive Kadai", "Extra Dry", "Vario" modes. How this will be going to affect our cleaning?
Would you mind sharing the model that you have booked? Well in Indian context these modes are extremely helpful. Intensive Kadhai is the most used mode. Base model still should clean as nicely but not having the modes mean your wash cycles will be similar so the options to use other modes wont be there. Different modes use different amount of water, detergent, salt etc. Extra dry mode is important in Indian context as we use a lot of steel and iron dishes which are not usually flat and this mode helps dry dishes better else its just some more additional manual effort.

Would suggest to wait out if possible and get one from a long term perspective. You can bid goodbye to your Bai
nibedk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:41   #8285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Would you mind sharing the model that you have booked?
Not at all, it's series 2 SMS24AW00I. I wanted to go for series 6, but Bosch DWs are too difficult to find in my side of in Pune. I am fed up of trying for last 1 week.
On a second thought, this might help us as a steppingstone for later upgrade.
Old 21st October 2020, 12:04   #8286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on Split A/C for home. 5 star rating preferred. Reliability and good after sales is a must.
Go for LG dual inverter range. They have a 4 year extended warranty (total 5 years including standard warranty) for around 10K. That covers practically everything (parts, labour, gas, heat exchangers etc) except a few plastic parts. Two services every year are included.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 12:48   #8287
BHPian

Quote:
If you want you can consider Voltas too. They are offering their split acs (not sure if it's all the models) with 5 year comprehensive warranty till 31st October.
Old 22nd October 2020, 00:22   #8288
BHPian

Thank you folks for the information. Planning to be in Blore from 12 Nov if my flights gets sorted. Will look into suggestions.
Old 22nd October 2020, 02:08   #8289
BHPian

Hello,

Have a lot of old documents (bank statements, receipts, forms etc.) which I would prefer to shred instead of just tear in half and throw away.

Any suggestions / recommendations for a paper shredder for home use. Most of the ones I am seeing online are the cross cut shredders. Are they good enough or should we consider going for micro-cut shredders (could not find any in the sub 10K range)??

Cheers,
S

Did not feel right to post this in the printer thread hence posting under home appliance thread
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:24   #8290
BHPian

My friend just picked up a LG 8Kg washing machine FHT1408ZWS yesterday from an lg store at a whopping 10k off the amazon price of 42000. Many products are overpriced and ridiculously expensive under the guise of a sale? I did purchase a lot of other stuff but am shocked at this price difference.

Last edited by diyguy : 22nd October 2020 at 23:27.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:21   #8291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My friend just picked up a LG 8Kg washing machine FHT1408ZWS yesterday from an lg store at a whopping 10k off the amazon price of 42000. Many products are overpriced and ridiculously expensive under the guise of a sale? I did purchase a lot of other stuff but am shocked at this price difference.
Yes that is so.

I have noticed that the base price they display is way above the MRP for many items, so that the discount percentage looks lucrative and fools most of the customers who have not done their homework.

So customers be wary of the "fabulous" discount % in online merchandise. Do check other sites, MRP and physical stores before finalising purchase.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 14:02   #8292
BHPian

Last night we had the EB cable burn underground outside our house resulting in neutral short and high voltage inside our home.
I am still without power and the issue is that due to neutral cut, the inverters are not coming on at home. We have two. I connected an extension to one of the inverters and connected portable fans and got some sleep last night.
The EB guys are dragging their feet as only two houses are impacted.
I want to know if i should be wiring my inverters differently so that the inverters can function during such an incident.
I also don't know what appliances are impacted since we have no power yet. My phone charger started smoking and our tv went off, have a apc stabilizer connected. Two of our acs and fridges were on at that time, along with my pressure pump and about a dozen wifi switches, DVR, phone etc.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 14:42   #8293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Last night we had the EB cable burn underground outside our house resulting in neutral short and high voltage inside our home...
That sounds very bad. All the best to all your devices, hoping you do not have too much damage.
Old 24th October 2020, 15:04   #8294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I strongly suggest Mitsubishi. They have a product display/demo store on Bangalore's Ring Road too. Look them up
I’m looking for a 1.5 ton split AC in Mumbai. The cheapest Mitsubishi I could find costs over ₹50k according to the website. LG, Samsung, and other brands sell similar models at ₹30k-₹40k. Is Mitsubishi that much better than others?
Crow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 01:35   #8295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That sounds very bad. All the best to all your devices, hoping you do not have too much damage.
Thanks Thad, i believe i dodged a bullet. Lost maybe 6-8k worth of stuff and think i got off cheap. I had installed 3 32A C curve MCBs post the main fuses and an isolator at point of entry to the house. Two of those three had tripped and maybe that helped. I had a 16A spike feeding power to my two full house inverters and that spike buster is malfunctioning, five sonoff wireless switches that had no protection of an inverter or a surge arrester, one xiaomi smart bulb and my smoking oneplus charger are the casualties that I identified today.
The EB guys restored power 19 hours after it failed and tore up my sloped driveway into the house to fix the cable fault.
Thankfully the more expensive electronics - tv, acs, refrigerators, washing machine, dish washer, security cameras dvr system, ps4 etc were not affected.
Weirdly some sonoff devices that were not protected survived (two for my borewell pump, two for the acs that were running at the time of the cable fire) and may have been shielded by the first line of defence, the mcbs at point of entry to the house that had tripped.
Lesson learnt and need to see how to protect better for the next time this happens. I definitely think the stabilizers on the acs, on my 49" sony tv that we were watching at the time of the incident played a role in the surge suppression along with the suppression capability of the two inverters. No device of ours, powered through the inverter path, was damaged during the surge.
diyguy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed