Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 20:44   #8626
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Hey diyguy, both those are gas stove friendly only!
Old 20th February 2021, 21:04   #8627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
There are a lot of choices out there! Can't say about the others as I have no experience with them but my mother has been using some Vinod induction compatible - some big bowls and one kadai IIRC - and they have been working fine. They are of stainless steel.

Guys, I also need recommendations for a refrigerator. Had been using a Godrej Eon double door for last 15 years and it worked fine with few problems. Nothing fancy, a simple double door one.
How have been your experiences with LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Panasonic, Haier refrigerators?
We are also using the Vinod brand and have no complaints. Prestige also makes induction-compatible cookware.

I am using Whirlpool for the past 10 years. Required a repair only once, which was handled well by the technician. But, a friend who got a whirlpool refrigerator recently has not been happy. They bought it from Reliance digital and it developed issues within a few months. Apparently, Whirlpool is refusing to provide free service and says the repair has to be done through Reliance. No idea if that is their new process or because of some tie-up with Reliance.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 00:52   #8628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey diyguy, both those are gas stove friendly only!
I checked now and the solimo says induction in the detailed description while the kaiserhoff says gas only but i think it works just fine on the induction. I think i saw it on the packaging but will double check once and circle back. Bought the kaiserhoff as it is a berger product and all our older bergner cook and serve casseroles have been induction compatible.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 14:01   #8629
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a electric (wired) leaf blower for our garden and common areas. It's a royal pain to sweep them daily especially during the current spring season. Aim is to blow them into a corner pile for easy removal.

Bewildering range of options on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/s?k=leaf+blowe..._ts-doa-p_2_12

Any ideas? The Stanley & Bosch models look good. Cordless ones are just too expensive.
Old 21st February 2021, 15:52   #8630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looking for a electric (wired) leaf blower for our garden and common areas. It's a royal pain to sweep them daily especially during the current spring season. Aim is to blow them into a corner pile for easy removal.

Bewildering range of options on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/s?k=leaf+blowe..._ts-doa-p_2_12

Any ideas? The Stanley & Bosch models look good. Cordless ones are just too expensive.
How big of an area are you looking to cover? And are you using a leaf rake right now to sweep them or something else?
Old 21st February 2021, 16:00   #8631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
How big of an area are you looking to cover? And are you using a leaf rake right now to sweep them or something else?
Around 800 square feet garden plus sundry common areas surrounding us. Currently being laboriously swept with jharu.
Old 21st February 2021, 19:30   #8632
BHPian

Quote:
Around 800 square feet garden plus sundry common areas surrounding us. Currently being laboriously swept with jharu.
For the garden area you can try using a leaf rake as well. They work better than a normal jharu for gardens. If you still want to buy a leaf blower then you can buy any branded one or even the Chinese ones as these are simple machines. Of course you will also need a long enough extension cable to use that over the area you intend to.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 20:19   #8633
BHPian

Quote:
The Stanley & Bosch models look good.
I use the Bosch for the exact same purpose of leaf blowing. I have a MX 30M extension that helps to cover the sides and back. I also picked up rakes and various different brooms during the lockdown but the blower is still easy for my back. It makes a hell of a noise though and i suggest you get ear muffs to protect your hearing if you go down this path.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 09:15   #8634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
If you still want to buy a leaf blower then you can buy any branded one or even the Chinese ones as these are simple machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I use the Bosch for the exact same purpose of leaf blowing.
Thanks guys. Bought the Bosch GBL620 for 2.2K. Initial thoughts are that it's noisy & gets heavy after prolonged issue, but very effective. The cord could be longer but i have a homemade 15A 5 metre extension which is fine for now.

Will definitely look at the MX reel for its ease of use.
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:49   #8635
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on our Panasonic top loader:
Some ICU on the circuit board has conked out, and a capacitor blown off it's solder. No parts available to repair the board. Panasonic is asking 5k to replace the board. Trying options ... hope something comes up
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:18   #8636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Some ICU on the circuit board has conked out, and a capacitor blown off it's solder. No parts available to repair the board. Panasonic is asking 5k to replace the board. Trying options ... hope something comes up
If the part numbers are clearly visible on the damaged components, they can be purchased online and replaced (by a skilled technician). Company's authorised service personnel will never do that, they will just ask you to replace the entire circuit board.

Two options for you:
1. Try to get it repaired by independent repair guys in the neighbourhood or by using the services of urban clap type of website
2. Take the circuit board to a nearby electronics market (like SP road in Bangalore) and explore the possibility of repair

Rohan
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:28   #8637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
1. Try to get it repaired by independent repair guys in the neighbourhood or by using the services of urban clap type of website
Thanks, Rohan

our first attempt was thru the service team which does the third party servicing for a big retail shop here. The reference we have to this service team is strong, so I believe them if they say they are not able to get the part.

Btw, the capacitor that has got dislodged did not have the marking on it.
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:47   #8638
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, the capacitor that has got dislodged did not have the marking on it.
You can measure the capacitance using a multi. Voltage can be guessed. I would not rate it more than 12V DC if its a logic component. Power capacitors are usually bigger. If the capacitor is dislodged then other components are damaged too. SMD boards can be repaired by competent technician. However most technicians don't go beyond the power circuitry since the remaining needs OEM components. So there 50:50 chance of getting it done locally.
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:15   #8639
BHPian

I am looking at buying an Airfryer. My parent's have a Philips since last 2 years and it is pretty decent without any issues so far.

But the price has gone up significantly. Any other recommendations?
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:33   #8640
BHPian

Quote:

Another option would be to find a similar model on OLX (provided it was a popular model). Washing machine bodies gets damaged very easily if doesn't maintained properly and when it does it loses it resell value.

FYI if you go to a dealer with a intent to purchase a new washing machine with exchange of your old machine, in Kolkata, whatever the condition the machine is you will get Rs 500 as exchange price.

So, if you are lucky, you can buy a used machine quite cheap and salvage the parts from it.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks