Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 23:01   #9016
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am looking at Prestige/Butterfly/Preethi/Havells.
Panasonic. We have 2 in the family and it's the best I have seen. Great build quality . Just runs really well.
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 04:18   #9017
Distinguished - BHPian

We have had a Prestige mixie for a few years, but the plastic bases on the steel jars eventually break, and the new ones seem to last less long. It's going to get replaced soon.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 07:20   #9018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Panasonic. We have 2 in the family and it's the best I have seen. Great build quality . Just runs really well.
I am keeping Moulinex (France) as standby or occasional use for last 25 years while another faithful Moulinex is in service since December 1982.
Old 11th October 2021, 07:41   #9019
BHPian

Anything I've owned or seen from Prestige in recent years is high-priced trash. They must have made a name for themselves in the past for some good reason unknown to me!
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 07:58   #9020
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for an alternative brand? I am looking at Prestige/Butterfly/Preethi/Havells.
I'd pick up a Preethi 750w 3 jar anytime, for its spares availability and adundance of service centers. In warranty period, you take them to the service center to get the machine cleaned at no cost.
thenomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 08:05   #9021
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, our two decades old Sumeet mixer grinder is at end of life. I intend to buy a new one in the Amazon/Flipkart festive sale. My inclination is to go for the same brand again, but friends tell me it is not the same old Sumeet anymore and go for other brands. Any suggestions for an alternative brand? I am looking at Prestige/Butterfly/Preethi/Havells. My budget is 3.5k max for this product. And how good is the Amazon basics brand? Anyone bought any such product?
Just bought this Butterfly unit yesterday for 1.4K.

Earlier we used to change jars every ~2 years. The plastic jars work well for that much time and thereafter they either break or the blades would've gone dull. However, the cost differential between a set of jars, and a new grinder unit altogether, is very little.

The AmazonBasics hand blender we bought earlier is poorly designed - the blade gets jammed & needs someone to twist it every time to get it started!
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:16   #9022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, our two decades old Sumeet mixer grinder is at end of life.
Amazon Basics are rip-off's of good products.

Reg the mixie - we went for Panasonic. Which ever you take, my suggestion - check the drive mechanism where the base couples with the jar. I've got tired of replacing those flimsy plastic bits on our previous mixie. The Panasonic has the old style rubber coupler.

We had a wonderchef blender (the compact one), but spares are a problem - though replacement jar is available.

Last edited by condor : 11th October 2021 at 09:18.
Old 11th October 2021, 10:34   #9023
Senior - BHPian

The electrical repair shop person told me to buy a mixer with copper winding. These grinders are comparatively heavier. Of late he has been seeing aluminum windings in recent mixers, usually given as gifts, prizes in malls, or offered with heavy discounts.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:57   #9024
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, our two decades old Sumeet mixer grinder is at end of life. I intend to buy a new one in the Amazon/Flipkart festive sale. My inclination is to go for the same brand again, but friends tell me it is not the same old Sumeet anymore and go for other brands. Any suggestions for an alternative brand? I am looking at Prestige/Butterfly/Preethi/Havells. My budget is 3.5k max for this product. And how good is the Amazon basics brand? Anyone bought any such product?
Sujatha is the new Sumeet, if you know what I mean. If you need a heavy duty mixer go for Sujatha.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:59   #9025
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing saga of our LG 512 litre fridge:
Repaired on friday evening. Stopped working on Saturday.

Raised complaint Sunday morning 8.25 am.

And technician responds almost 30 hours later today at 3.45 pm, saying he will come tomorrow morning !

Last edited by condor : 11th October 2021 at 16:01.
Old 11th October 2021, 16:33   #9026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, our two decades old Sumeet mixer grinder is at end of life. I intend to buy a new one in the Amazon/Flipkart festive sale.
Thanks to all. Two of my relatives purchased a model called Preethi Blue Leaf Gold sometime back and both are happy with it. So I have also purchased it from my nearest Croma Store for 5.1k. They matched the Amazon great sale price.

I have bought washing machine, Split Ac, laptop, Cordless phone and hair dryer from them over the last 18 months, and they always match the Amazon price of the day. I feel very comfortable buying from them rather than from some faceless online dealer. Any issue with any of the products, I need only to call Croma and they will contact the manufacturer's service people on my behalf and resolve the issue. They are my single point of contact which I find very comforting.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:34   #9027
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What was the year of purchase of the fridge?

Quote:
I have bought washing machine, Split Ac, laptop, Cordless phone and hair dryer from them over the last 18 months, and they always match the Amazon price of the day.
I have found that I can get stuff from Brick & Mortar stores at prices which are usually cheaper than Amazon non-sale prices. I have bought phone (Croma), washing machine (Kohinoor), microwave (Vijay Sales), laptop (Reliance Digital), it's always cheaper at B&M stores. Only during Amazon sale times, do Amazon have good prices.

Last edited by carboy : 11th October 2021 at 16:41.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:39   #9028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What was the year of purchase of the fridge?
May be late '18. Not sure how will it help.

Btw, I tweeted to LG India. Let's see how they respond.

Quite disappointed with this. I called the customer care again. The agent was professional and didnt feel like shouting at her, though I did convey my thoughts politely. LG needs to understand that fridges are depended on, and it cant be 48 hours to respond to a call, and then another 48 to get parts - that too in a city like Bangalore. Not to speak of failure within another 48.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:45   #9029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LG needs to understand that fridges are depended on, and it cant be 48 hours to respond to a call, and then another 48 to get parts
Exactly. That is why I always keep two 165 litre fridges of two different makes, convection type only, not frost free. Mostly nothing ever happens to those fridges, and even if it does to one, the other will be available.

I had one large frost free model prior to that, and faced issues.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:25   #9030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Repaired on friday evening. Stopped working on Saturday.

Raised complaint Sunday morning 8.25 am.

And technician responds almost 30 hours later today at 3.45 pm, saying he will come tomorrow morning !
I think the root cause analysis is not done properly. I suggest you insist the technician to find the root cause properly.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks