Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:10   #9301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I had the same requirement of a compact blender and picked up Kenwood Blend+Extract. Makes two-plus glasses of juice and cost Rs 1800 (Sale price) in the UAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Wife wants to buy a bullet blender. I know in US Nutri bullet is very famous and it is costly in India. Don't want to spend so much
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-557a5d305ae64662a3ff0e0ae84e0952.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 10:27   #9302
Oxy
BHPian

I am planning to purchase a Bosch refrigerator but am wary of their after sales service here in Bangalore as I have never owned anything of this brand before.

Any first hand service experience would really help me arrive at a decision.

Also, how is Hitachi as a brand when it comes to refrigerators? Anybody here owns one?
Old 27th February 2022, 13:09   #9303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am planning to purchase a Bosch refrigerator but am wary of their after sales service here in Bangalore as I have never owned anything of this brand before.
Bosch as a brand has proven itself for dishwashers and washing machines. If you are interested in a Bosch product, you should also check out the equivalent Siemens product. The products from Bosch and Siemens are similar and serviced by the same team.

Samsung and LG dominate the refrigerator and microwave market and have a wide range of models to fit all needs and pockets. What did you like in Bosch?
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 13:30   #9304
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
What did you like in Bosch?
I liked a particular model which is quite spacious, and I have not been able to find something even remotely as close within the Samsung/LG range anywhere, considering the price point and the specific width that the fridge needs to be considering the space I have available.

This one is what I am looking to buy:

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-KGN56LB4...s%2C392&sr=8-3
Old 27th February 2022, 16:52   #9305
BHPian

Am looking to sell my 2019 purchased Blue Star 1.5 ton 3 star rated split air conditioning unit which I bought for 40k. It's in perfect shape and the reason for disposal is I am moving out and in the process of disposing off most of my appliances, yet I am being quoted ridiculous prices 5-7k by repair shops dealing in used appliances. Posting it online hasn't evoked much response either. Anyone with experience in these matters can suggest how much these items go for? This is in kolkata

Also, how much does it cost to uninstall and reinstall split units? I am hearing excuses like all the cooling gas will have to be replaced during the process so not too many buyers for used units etc etc
Old 27th February 2022, 19:36   #9306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
...I have not been able to find something...within the Samsung/LG range anywhere, considering the price point and the specific width...This one is what I am looking to buy: https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-KGN56LB4...s%2C392&sr=8-3
If you have space for an additional 120mm, this model from Samsung is value for money: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dimensions (in mm)
Bosch Series 6 559L: 700 (W) x 800 (D) x 1930 (H)
Samsung 580L: 817 (W) x 765 (D) x 1776
Old 28th February 2022, 10:20   #9307
Senior - BHPian

Our Bosch moisture-sensor tumble dryer (WTE8400IN; 2017) has been having trouble drying bedding: If we dry a duvet and a sheet+pillowcase together it just bundles the sheet into the duvet and makes a big ball, detects the outside is dry, and we wind up with a dry duvet and a lot of damp patches on the sheet. Is there any way to fix this without having to run separate cycles? There is no timed dry cycle except two rather useless preset ones.

On another note, our Bosch dishwasher (SMS60L12IN, 2017) has been sporadically refusing water intake and throwing up an error despite a fully flowing tap. It's built under the counter so it's difficult to uninstall it and check, but has anyone had the same issue?
Old 28th February 2022, 10:50   #9308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
On another note, our Bosch dishwasher (SMS60L12IN, 2017) has been sporadically refusing water intake and throwing up an error despite a fully flowing tap. It's built under the counter so it's difficult to uninstall it and check, but has anyone had the same issue?
The flow sensor might have gone bad. It is a small part with a tiny circuit built-in. I too had to get it replaced, twice. The initial replacement packed up within a month and had to be changed.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 13:59   #9309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The downside of built-in stuff!

But I think you have to get it out, get behind it, and check. The intake hose very probably has a filter, and that may well be getting blocked.

File it under If I ever design and build a new house I will make electrical and plumbing connections to such devices easily accessible. I have lots of mental notes like that one . One only learns by experience.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 19:23   #9310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The flow sensor might have gone bad. It is a small part with a tiny circuit built-in. I too had to get it replaced, twice. The initial replacement packed up within a month and had to be changed.
Thank you, that's a bit concerning because I'm given to understand spares are shipped from Turkey. We'll consider having it replaced if it gets too frequent then. I was hoping for a quick solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
File it under If I ever design and build a new house I will make electrical and plumbing connections to such devices easily accessible. I have lots of mental notes like that one . One only learns by experience.
Absolutely. It's intended to be freestanding but came with a set of instructions to take off the worktop and install it under the counter. Our old one was in the laundry room, so moving it into the kitchen involved a lot of 'jugaad' mods to the cabinets and requires a lot of crouching and digging behind the plinth to access the wiring and plumbing. The drain hose is attached to the sink tee using a jubilee clip and leaked during installation, and the plumber used a significant amount of Teflon to stop it. Uninstalling the dishwasher would mean having to risk another leaky reinstallation, and I was hoping to avoid it.
Name:  Screenshot 20220228 at 7.14.47 PM.png
Views: 264
Size:  210.4 KB

Last edited by ron178 : 28th February 2022 at 19:25.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 23:20   #9311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, that's a bit concerning because I'm given to understand spares are shipped from Turkey. We'll consider having it replaced if it gets too frequent then. I was hoping for a quick solution.[/ATTACH]
I am hearing for the first time that the spares come from Turkey. My DW is 7 years old and 3-4 parts had to be replaced last year. The max lead time was 1 week. The technician had stuff like the flow sensor readily available.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 11:08   #9312
BHPian

BHPians, I have a Farberware deep fryer living in a shelf for about 6 years now (not sure ) as I never really bothered getting a proper voltage converter for it. The only time I tried getting another product to work, I experimented with a wrong converter and hence wouldn't want to do the same again. The power ratings of the product are- 1200W, 120V~ 60Hz as mentioned on the box.

Attaching the link of the product-
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberwar...andle/46528741
User manual-
46528741_1.pdf

Please suggest any suitable converters for this product and if possible attach links directing to the purchase site.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by @og_adi : 3rd March 2022 at 11:14.
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:14   #9313
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post

Please suggest any suitable converters for this product and if possible attach links directing to the purchase site.
You need a step up transformer. There are standard ones available, but you would have to check if it matches with the wattage requirements of your appliance. You can get a custom one made from an electrical shop which would cost around the same. It would be around 4K to 5K for the transformer, I think.

Last edited by carboy : 3rd March 2022 at 12:15.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 09:25   #9314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You need a step up transformer. There are standard ones available.
I think you mean that a step down transformer/converter is required to convert 240V to 120V.

There are many available but you need to match the wattage of the appliance and the converter MAXCART 50 Watts Step Down Voltage Converter with Universal Socket https://www.amazon.in/dp/B074WNJ7WB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_TSKFMEHFEF05M5VEG5DY
mtnrajdeep is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 10:45   #9315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You need a step up transformer. There are standard ones available, but you would have to check if it matches with the wattage requirements of your appliance. You can get a custom one made from an electrical shop which would cost around the same. It would be around 4K to 5K for the transformer, I think.
Thank you for the reply @carboy. After reading your reply, I tried searching online for voltage converters but most of them seem to support products rated at 500W max. The only path forward that I can see is to get a custom built one as suggested in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thank you for the reply @mtnrajdeep. Yes, a step-down transformer seems to be the one that I need now. I did see the product you shared in your post which gave me an idea about the product I have to search.

Quick question to all-
Will a product like this work with my appliance?-
OREI World (USA, UK, China & More) to India (Type D) Travel Adapter Plug - 2 in 1 - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant - White Color (DB-10) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B005JK5O3O/...20YXVBBXKKH451
The description says the product can support products upto 3000W and steps down the voltage to 120V. However, the products suggested for usage with it only seem to be tabs and phones while the power ratings as mentioned earlier suggest otherwise. Am I missing something here or is this the one I'm supposed to get?

Thank you.

Most Viewed