Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2021, 18:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Same here, I have been trying to order the mi robotic cleaner in Bangalore and it seems like there is no stock available
I think it is more to do with the lockdown - now delivery of only essentials is allowed. How Flipkart is able to circumvent it is a question mark for me as well.

After seeing this review my colleague decided to buy and placed an order on Flipkart - should be delivered this weekend I guess. There is a ₹1250 Off discount on Flipkart as well with Axis Bank Cards.
Old 14th May 2021, 17:16   #32
BHPian

Inspiring review you got there Viddy! Was always on the fence whether to buy this or not (despite two of my friends buying the Mi ones) but read this review and decided to go for it. Just ordered the same via Mi Store site and also took the 1 year additional warranty (hope that helps though). I believe the multiple maps options is still not available?
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 19:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice review Viddy! Looks like a very useful device. I think I’ll take the plunge as well.
Also came across this Eureka forbes robo on amazon. Anyone used it or has any feedback? How this one compares to the MI?
https://www.amazon.in/Forbes-Robotic..._1620994254247
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 00:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I believe the multiple maps options is still not available?
It was not initially available with the Indian variant, but an update in Feb 2021 enabled multimap.

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-screenshot_20210517001203.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Also came across this Eureka forbes robo on amazon. Anyone used it or has any feedback? How this one compares to the MI?
The Eureka one is a non-navigation robot.
20k for this is way overpriced when you can get Mi one for 25k.
Mi bundles a free smart speaker worth 4k, so the effective price is 21k.

Last edited by sriharsha_m87 : 17th May 2021 at 00:13.
sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 22:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

I finally managed to order the mi Vaccum cleaner thru the mi app. I was trying to order for the last 2 weeks but due to lockdown the order was not being accepted.
However today I managed to place the order but the only glitch was that the extended warranty was not getting added and kept showing an error, so I had to remove that and order only the Vaccum cleaner. And I tried to reach out to the mi customer care on this issue, but they weren’t of any help. So probably have to live without the extended warranty.
Old 20th May 2021, 06:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

What a timely thread. I was researching the iRobot and Evovacs. The one from mi never crossed my mind. Reading the reviews, it does seem value for money.

One question - Does it climb over small obstacles? eg. Between two rooms that have wooden floors, there is a very small wooden hump of about 3-4 mm height.

Second - my house is with ground and first floor. When it has to return to dock and if the dock is at a different floor, how would it manage?
Old 20th May 2021, 11:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

It does manage to scale over such obstacles like floor level differences. As for multiple floor cleaning, the dock has to be placed on the floor where the robot has to clean.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 11:58   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
One question - Does it climb over small obstacles? eg. Between two rooms that have wooden floors, there is a very small wooden hump of about 3-4 mm height.
Comfortably. You can see my bedroom in the video is wooden flooring but the rest of the house is stone. There is a wooden beading to fill the gap between 2 rooms flooring. The robot jumps over this comfortably even with the mop attached.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th May 2021 at 22:33.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks, need some help. I bought the Mi Robotic Vaccum thru mi.com and it was delivered to me just this morning. However I’m facing some set up related issues. I have downloaded the mi home app and have been trying to connect the device to my phone. However I keep getting an error message and it says that the firmware is too low and needs to be updated. But there is no way to update the firmware until the device is added to the mi home app. So I’m not sure how to get this to connect. I reached out to the customer care and after a lengthy call in trying to reset setting etc, there has been no solution. And now due to the extended lock down in Bangalore I cannot get a service executive until the 8th of June.

Please let me know if any of you faced this issue and if there is anyway around it. For reference i use Jio fiber network and have tried to use only the 2ghz bandwidth since the mi home says that only 2.4 GHz can be used. And I’m using an iPhone to connect the mi robotic vaccum.
Attached Thumbnails
Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-e88b533d5aa34c18b60be5c6fc3b1526.png  

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-07d6a4ffc09d485ea0ccee01ffd7c2e9.png  

Old 22nd May 2021, 23:57   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi Folks, need some help. I bought the Mi Robotic Vaccum thru mi.com and it was delivered to me just this morning.

Please let me know if any of you faced this issue and if there is anyway around it. For reference i use Jio fiber network and have tried to use only the 2ghz bandwidth since the mi home says that only 2.4 GHz can be used. And I’m using an iPhone to connect the mi robotic vaccum.
Same pinch. Mine got delivered this morning too and more or less, I’m facing the same issue/error. Although a lot of reviews state that you don’t need an Internet connection to use this device but as of now, I’m thinking that an Internet connection is ‘almost’ mandatory especially while setting up the device. This is what I did to get it going:

Just like you, I was not able to get this thing added to the MI home app. Finally I made use of 2 phones as a work around because I do not have a WiFi broadband connection. I created a hotspot on phone 2 while the mi app was installed on phone 1 (again iPhone).
Don’t connect your phone 1 to the hotspot and keep using cellular data and then initiate adding the device on phone 1. When it asks for WiFi details, input the WiFi name and password of the hotspot running on phone 2.
Your device should now be connected and you can get it to work.

But many reviews suggest that the device doesn’t need Internet connection and can work just with the same WiFi as that of your phone connected over a router. I tried this over a Belkin wireless router but I’m unable to get it working as of now. Hope someone can point me to a proper solution.

Trust this will help.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 01:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

I also had some issues connecting the mop initially. I can remember exactly how I solved it though. I think what I did was connect the robot and base station to the wifi using the wps button on the router and pressing both buttons on the mop. Then I think I ran the mop manually in auto mode by pressing the button and allowing it to do it's exploration. I think it was only after this that I could detect the mop in the Mi Home App possibly by being on the same wifi router as the mop or by using my mobile internet with wifi connection disabled on the phone. After that I could run it and the actual map of the house was created. Hope this helps
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 02:48   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I also had some issues connecting the mop initially. I can remember exactly how I solved it though.

Hope this helps
That helps! Please let me know if your WiFi router was connected to the internet or just the WiFi network of a wireless router (without internet) gets the job done?

Thanks!

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd May 2021 at 02:49.
Old 24th May 2021, 00:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That helps! Please let me know if your WiFi router was connected to the internet or just the WiFi network of a wireless router (without internet) gets the job done?

Thanks!
It was connected to the net. Actually it's the range extender for my main Wifi router and it's the most centrally placed access point and the one closest to the mops base station. It does occasionally go into a sleep mode if idle for some time or if a couple of room doors are closed in between. It happens often enough so I can't say for sure what the status was at the time but it was most likely connected to the net
Old 24th May 2021, 01:00   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

So what I’ve gathered after doing rounds on the Internet is that one will need Internet to configure the device in the mi home app. Once the device is setup, you can use the power button to clean the entire house without Internet as well. It will probably ‘remember’ the map of your house. But the app offers a lot of additional features that you may need frequently like dividing rooms, toggling between mopping or vacuuming mode, cleaning of particular room, spot cleaning, restricting some areas etc. For using the app, you will need the Internet as it will connect to the cloud service. So, in a way, the robot is dependent on the cloud service of Mi and we are at the mercy of same to keep it running.

My initial impressions of the device is that it vacuums the floor very well. Much better than the maids and I’ve no complains. There’s hardly any area that it will miss. However, the mopping is average. Minor stains will be cleaned and that’s it. The battery life could have been better. The robot is almost down to 20% battery level after vacuum +mop in a single go in my 1400 sq ft flat. I’ll need to check how much it consumes while vacuuming only. At this rate, I’m worried that when the battery deteriorates slightly, the robot might not clean the entire house in a single charge. From there, it takes 2 hours to fully charge the device. A fast charger would have been a very useful addition. Sometimes the device seems confused and goes to the same spot again and again. Hope it will learn and improve with more rounds.
In my opinion, it is a good addition to household but is slightly pricey. I understand that the competition is even more expensive but at 25K, just for a comparison, you can get a very good front loader washing machine. Will also need to see how mi prices the consumables like brushes, filters etc. Anyway, there’s nothing much to add after fantastic review by Viddy and some other users coming in, I better be signing off.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 24th May 2021 at 01:03.
Old 24th May 2021, 01:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

@saket you are mostly right. You also need the app to change vacuum power and put it in mop mode. In the auto - offline - button press mode it does consume more battery. It gets more efficient when the house is mapped out. It doesn't remember the house map unless linked to the app

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks