Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 10:37   #16

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

I too was confused between the vfm offering from mi and Ecovacs T8. In the end decided in favour of the mi considering it has service centers everywhere even though it misses out on some features like carpet detection etc. Also purchased the one year extended warranty @999/- for peace of mind. You also get a coupon for a free mi smart speaker too. Over all a very good value for money deal and does a very decent job of cleaning as well, better than most maids.
WheelNut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 14:30   #17
snr
BHPian

Wow that's a fantastic review! I think I will also pick this up. We just need to sweep/mop only one bedroom since we have a maid who cleans the remaining part of the house. Just don't want her to enter our bedroom for the time being. Thank you for the info!
snr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 16:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Xiaomi has recently introduced the multiple Maps feature as well so one can name and keep multiple maps and use it in multiple areas or multiple floors as well.
I am yet to use the multi floor option. Does the charger have to be moved to the new floor for mapping it the first time and for subsequent use? I tried it without the charger couple of times and it just rambled around without doing an efficient job.
Old 11th May 2021, 16:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review Viddy. It has come at the right time when last week my wife frantically started looking around for Robots knowing that maids will anyway not be visiting us for the near future, especially after the recent trend with Covid.

Most of them in our apartments have iLife or iRobot and I really wanted to know the users' take the Mi before ordering one. Also, iLife wasn't available last week and they said the stocks will be back this week onward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
1. There is no approximate sqft because it depends on many factors. If you have more furniture it will run out of charge quicker in smaller area. Themop function takes away some extra charge as well. Overall I get 90mins for 3 bedrooms+hall+living room. My apt is 1600 sqft and has a lot of furniture.
Tell me this, for a 4 Bed Room apartment of 2000 Square feet, from your past experience of using it for 6 months+, you think it can do in one charge ignoring the 4th room which is a store room that otherwise was supposed to be a maid room?

There is not a lot of furniture and it means there will be a lot of sq ft of floor to clean in all living, Dining, Kitchen and the 3 Bedrooms. The reason I want to ask this is because a good battery back-up only means the convenience of cleaning at one go rather than splitting between rooms.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 18:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
I am yet to use the multi floor option. Does the charger have to be moved to the new floor for mapping it the first time and for subsequent use?
Yes. That charger is the dock. It's home base so to speak
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 20:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Tell me this, for a 4 Bed Room apartment of 2000 Square feet, from your past experience of using it for 6 months+, you think it can do in one charge ignoring the 4th room which is a store room that otherwise was supposed to be a maid room?
I think it will easily complete in one charge.
I use the Mi for my upper floor - 3 bedrooms plus a large TV room. Completes vacuuming in 50-55 minutes with 40% charge remaining.
RedOne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 01:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

We are also very happy with our Mi Mop. We have been using it since we got it in December after preordering it in June. It's well worth it at 25k too and an absolute steal at 18k. I haven't tried the mop function yet but the vacuum set to medium picks up a decent amount of dust even after the maid has cleaned and mopped in the morning. It uses roughly 50-60% of the battery for a 3bhk excluding the kitchen.
The biggest pain is the task I have to deal with of untangling all the hair wrapped around it thanks to the women at home !!
We have named ours Suckubai
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 07:49   #23
BHPian

I am trying to buy the Mi Vacuum Mop P in Bangalore, but deliveries are currently stopped due to lockdown as i understand. Has anyone here managed to buy it in Bangalore in the past week during this lockdown? Appreciate any leads, thank you.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
I am trying to buy the Mi Vacuum Mop P in Bangalore, but deliveries are currently stopped due to lockdown as i understand. Has anyone here managed to buy it in Bangalore in the past week during this lockdown? Appreciate any leads, thank you.
This should help:
https://twitter.com/XiaomiIndia/stat...103904257?s=20
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 09:21   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

There is not a lot of furniture and it means there will be a lot of sq ft of floor to clean in all living, Dining, Kitchen and the 3 Bedrooms. The reason I want to ask this is because a good battery back-up only means the convenience of cleaning at one go rather than splitting between rooms.
My house specification is almost exactly as you have mentioned. My final shortlist was the MI Robot Vaccum and the Milagrow iMap Galaxy. I went with the iMap one. It takes 2 hrs for a full vaccum+mop run for the kind of area mentioned. For the iMap it did it in one battery run with 40% remaining.

Looking at Viddy's review, overall it seems the method of working is very similar to the iMap. So you can assume it will take 2+ hrs for a full mop run for the area you have. If the battery cannot give you 2 hrs it would mean a split run. Of course the iMap costs 40k which is 15k more than the MI. So that also needs to be considered.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th May 2021 at 09:23.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 10:50   #26
BHPian

Nice and informative thread, am sure this is going to help a lot of members to clarify queries and then decide.

I was in the same boat a few months back and after a lot of reading, watching review videos and scrambling internet for customer reviews, and also talking to some known circle who had purchased them earlier, finally decided to go ahead with the purchase of 360 Robot vacuum cleaner, a model called S7 with laser navigation . I am happy to say that the last 4 months of usage has been excellent and I am really happy with this purchase.

My reason for going with this brand was mainly based on the number of positive reviews on Amazon India and the 7 days return policy which Amazon offers. I could use it, try it for a week and has option to return it in case I find issues with it. The user reviews were mainly informative about the customer care, its support, spare parts availability and the usage aspects of the device.

As luck would have it, I had to contact the customer care in the first week itself, they were highly proactive to call me as soon as the device was delivered to me to schedule an installation walkthrough and to answer any queries I may have. Due to some strange noise I observed during the first week, they only suggested to go with the replacement option from Amazon and I was delivered a new device immediately. I hope their customer care stay this way and continue with the similar levels of service in future.

I live in a 1800 SqFt 3 BHK apartment with 4 large balconies and my 360 S7 Robot Vacuums the entire house on an average 78 minutes and consume 40% charge in Standard Mode. When I tried powerful vacuum mode few times, it consume 70% charge for the same area. Please note this is only during the Vacuum mode. With the mopping mode, it takes approx same time. And I found that doing the Vacuum and mopping separately gives the best results for cleaning your house.

360 S7 cleans my house and its decently powered vacuum. Due to vacuuming, even the finer dust particles on the floor gets picked up and the floor has never been so spic and span even when we had the maid that used to mop the house daily. I am even relatively happy with the mopping with this device too, compared to how it was done earlier by our maid.

Based on my experience for the last 3-4 months, I would like to share few suggestion for anyone who is looking for such devices:

1) Dont go for the cheaper models which doesnt have navigation, mapping logic to clean areas. Some of the entry level models just go around the rooms in a random fashion and it cannot detect an area that is already cleaned or not. This feature is very much needed to clean areas properly and also reduce the time needed to clean.
2) Find out the support that is available in India and particularly nearby area you live. In due course, we may need technical support to resolve any issues that may crop up, or to replace some parts like brushes, vacuum chamber or moping clothes etc. The quality of support available and the parts availability is important.
3) Almost all these devices are Chinese. So better to have the right expectations about their quality and durability.
4) Look for some valuable features like:
a) Ability to map your house and identify the obstacles, furniture etc.
b) Ability to mark different rooms, to name them and customize them as possible. You should be able to clean the entire house at once, or specific rooms or a designated areas as per your needs or convenience
c) Mark No-Go zones and customize/remove them as needed
5) Some customization will be needed inside house to place furniture, things and move them as appropriate. An empty house is faster to clean with such robots. More obstacles inside house, the more time it takes to go around them and complete the task
6) Need for regular maintenance. Your robot will need very regular cleaning and maintenance. This includes emptying and cleaning the dust chamber, cleaning the brushes for threads hairs etc.
7) Better to go around the house once prior to your cleaning schedule time, to identify any items lying on the floor. Like paper pieces, charging cables, any other large items which can be sucked into and then get stuck inside the vacuum/brush
8) Mostly, doing the Vacuum and mopping separately gives the best results for cleaning your house.
9) Your house may need hand mopping once a month/once a week. it may vary based on your cleaning requirement/area you live
10) Your house will be more cleaner due to regular vacuuming of the floor. Hence maybe difficult to go back to a maid mode later to have the same level of cleanliness

Cheers,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 11:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The biggest pain is the task I have to deal with of untangling all the hair wrapped around it thanks to the women at home !!
In Viddy's review he has provided a pic of a blade/knife which came with the vacuum. You can use that to cut the tangled hair off the roller and discard. For all the time I had it, I hadn't used it till recently when I found it in the case that came with the vacuum. Makes the task of cleaning out the hair super easy.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 19:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Same here, I have been trying to order the mi robotic cleaner in Bangalore and it seems like there is no stock available and none of the offline stores in Bangalore show stocks too, or it says the store is too far to deliver to my address. With both the mi and the milagro imap galaxy out of stock, the only two credible options are Milagrow imap nano and the Ecovacs Deebot ozmo T8, and both of these are more than 45k! Holding back for now since I dont see how these two are worth 20k more than the mi, which is just 25k.

However, I see mi robotic cleaner available on flipkart, but I would prefer to pick it up directly from mi.com so that i can buy the extended warranty as well, and also returns etc may be easier to deal with.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 01:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In Viddy's review he has provided a pic of a blade/knife which came with the vacuum. You can use that to cut the tangled hair off the roller and discard. For all the time I had it, I hadn't used it till recently when I found it in the case that came with the vacuum. Makes the task of cleaning out the hair super easy.
I do use it but still. It's a pain to do especially the hair that gets entangled in the narrow edges of the roller. However I should note that it didn't impact the mops capabilities all that much. It's not really the mops fault or shortcoming I should say
Old 13th May 2021, 01:52   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I do use it but still. It's a pain to do especially the hair that gets entangled in the narrow edges of the roller. However I should note that it didn't impact the mops capabilities all that much. It's not really the mops fault or shortcoming I should say
Agree with that. I managed to get those off too, with some added persistence using the blade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks