Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 22:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

2 Problems - is it Windows Vista ?

As the title says - right now I face 2 problems that are getting on my nerves.

I got the new HP tablet 1003 running Windows Vista.

Problem 1 - I loaded Nokia PC Suite to connect my E65 for syncing my data. After I installed PC Suite , everytime I activate the bluetooth on the laptop I get an error - " Windows needs to install drivers for your peripheral bluetooth device" - This pop up comes up 3 times everytime without fail. when I choose let windows search and install driver , it makes a show of searching and simply says your device was not properly installed.

Problem 2 - Itunes has stopped working - I get an error saying Itunes has stopped working. I read up on the net and found that Vista and Itunes did not see eye to eye. Also Microsoft and Apple released patches for this problem - downloaded both the patches and installed - nothing. Itunes still not working ! And to top it I reformatted my ipod so I have no songs

guys / geeks / techies / others - please help !! Is this happening only because of Windows Vista ? Do I format and go back and install Windows XP ?
Old 16th May 2007, 22:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

i have vista home premium and i have no problem with itunes.

about your bluetooth, why dont you go o device manager in control panel and then select your bluetooth device and go to properties of it. from there try to update your driver or roll back to previous driver.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

NC I would suggest that you better go back to WinXp which is much better than the Vista as the driver support of Vista is not good....and still it is not stable and is not working fine.....
Old 16th May 2007, 22:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

i disagree on that. i have had no problems in finding drivers. and vista is stable. never hung till now.
Old 16th May 2007, 23:10   #5
BHPian

VISTA is excellent , I used to work on pre release builds of Vista its been a while that I'm no using it.

installed Ultimate at my home now .

Search for the drivers in microsoft or HP site itself.

what version of Vista is it .I'm assuming it is Home
Old 17th May 2007, 11:15   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i disagree on that. i have had no problems in finding drivers. and vista is stable. never hung till now.
Agredd It's much more stable & fast than Xp .
Old 17th May 2007, 11:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

try finding the latest bluesoil drivers for bluetooth.as for itunes remove it completely and try installing again with the patches.

Vista has support for most generic hardware but some devices don't work well because of driver issues,the vista drivers are still in their nascent stages.
Old 17th May 2007, 11:31   #8
BHPian

Sell it and get a mac! :P s
Seamless integration with anything remotely bluetooth, and has itunes as its favourite mistress.
Old 17th May 2007, 11:38   #9
Team-BHP Support

I am not switching to Vista until SP1, been to this street too many times. Until then it is a big risk. There will be always some device for which the latest OS drivers aren't available.

The Vista system requirements are driving me crazy, all my office PCs are below minimum requirement. Those are staying with XP until I retire them.
Old 17th May 2007, 11:57   #10
BHPian

[quote=normally_crazy;439670]
Problem 2 - Itunes has stopped working - I get an error saying Itunes has stopped working. I read up on the net and found that Vista and Itunes did not see eye to eye. Also Microsoft and Apple released patches for this problem - downloaded both the patches and installed - nothing. Itunes still not working ! And to top it I reformatted my ipod so I have no songs
quote]

Hey normally_crazy Itunes is still not vista compatible, what you do is get yourself a third party ipod manager like anapod explorer or SharePod.

Check this link out for a Comparison of iPod Managers

[COLOR=#333333]Comparison of iPod Managers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/COLOR]
Old 17th May 2007, 12:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And to top it I reformatted my ipod so I have no songs
are you sure you formatted, or did you reset the ipod? if reset songs and song list will not show up but data is still there.

you can check by connecting ipod as a drive and see if the disk space is used. if yes goto itunes folder in ipod, check the view hidden folder option on the explorer and presto u will get all the songs, transfer it back to the comp and then add the folders in the itunes (comp) sync and your ipod is restored.

had this mishap while sysncing with office comp and found this way out, hope apple is not reading this post
Old 17th May 2007, 12:00   #12
BHPian

as someone suggested, goto device manager properties of bluetooth device and choose roll back driver. the pc suite must have tried to update the drivers which were eventually for the winxp and ruined it for you.
if this doesnt work, and if it is a fairly new laptop, i am sure u would have System Restore enabled? USE IT.
Old 17th May 2007, 12:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am not switching to Vista until SP1, been to this street too many times. Until then it is a big risk. There will be always some device for which the latest OS drivers aren't available.

The Vista system requirements are driving me crazy, all my office PCs are below minimum requirement. Those are staying with XP until I retire them.
thats my point the vista is not stable enough.....and there are huge issue on driver support with some major company.....it is better to stay at winxp till some thing solid SP arrives from MicroSoft.....
Old 17th May 2007, 13:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
thats my point the vista is not stable enough.....and there are huge issue on driver support with some major company.....it is better to stay at winxp till some thing solid SP arrives from MicroSoft.....
vista is very stable as an OS but not all devices work as they should,like the graphics performance is relatively poor compared to XP also soundcards have some issues due to change in HAL,but Vista never crashes like XP.

Fault like more with the device vendors than with Microsoft who were sleeping all this while.
Old 17th May 2007, 22:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

[quote=speedonline;440176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
quote]

Hey normally_crazy Itunes is still not vista compatible, what you do is get yourself a third party ipod manager like anapod explorer or SharePod.

Check this link out for a Comparison of iPod Managers

[COLOR=#333333]Comparison of iPod Managers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/COLOR]

but then howcome itunes works perfectly on my vista pc. just downloaded straight of the apple site. i dont think i installed any patches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks