Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 15:55   #1
BHPian

Help for 20GB+ Music Player

Hey, I had an iPod Nano 4GB till day before yesterday when someone stole it from my bag Now I want to buy a new music player and this time, I want a capacity greater than 20GB (minimum). I believe you get 60GB also. I have no problem sourcing it from US. Will be going to Kuwait in a 5 days, so can get one there too. Please suggest any good player. All I know is the iPod Video. I dont want to compromise on the quality at all... Thanks
Old 20th May 2007, 16:11   #2
BHPian

before everyone starts suggesting the ipod video, my recommendation is you look at the toshiba gigabeat and the creative zen vision M both can be got in 30 and 60gb options. great sound quality and can play different types of videos.
Editors' top hard drive MP3 players - CNET Reviews

Last edited by cheap_deal : 20th May 2007 at 16:14.
Old 20th May 2007, 17:04   #3
BHPian

Yeah...Mainly I want it give me ultimate sound quality and it must be very very sleek and tiny. Compact in one word.
Old 20th May 2007, 17:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
before everyone starts suggesting the ipod video, my recommendation is you look at the toshiba gigabeat and the creative zen vision M both can be got in 30 and 60gb options. great sound quality and can play different types of videos.
Editors' top hard drive MP3 players - CNET Reviews
Thanks for the link... So there's the Zune, iPod (80GB is sweet but fat???), and the Creative Zen. Confused...

and the Toshiba Gigabeat doesnt run on Vista or later OSs? And BTW I forgot to mention another main criteria! Battery Life!

Last edited by furioussphinx : 20th May 2007 at 17:34.
Old 20th May 2007, 17:53   #5
BHPian

iPOD Video
Zune (If you would like to play your WMA files as well), the sound quality is pretty good and you can compare it with the iPOD.

Zune or iPOD
Old 20th May 2007, 20:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
iPOD Video
Zune (If you would like to play your WMA files as well), the sound quality is pretty good and you can compare it with the iPOD.

Zune or iPOD
I heard the Zune's buttons are not good enough, it's battery life is bad and it is very heavy.
Old 20th May 2007, 20:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
I heard the Zune's buttons are not good enough, it's battery life is bad and it is very heavy.
Ya its a bit heavy but its gr8 too.. Battery life is good my friends owns both zune and ipod he says both lasts same.

Well if i get a chance i would have picked up Creative Zen. They are pretty good.
Old 20th May 2007, 20:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Ya its a bit heavy but its gr8 too.. Battery life is good my friends owns both zune and ipod he says both lasts same.

Well if i get a chance i would have picked up Creative Zen. They are pretty good.
The Creative is in my list too....what is the battery life of the 3? zune, ipod and zen?
Old 21st May 2007, 00:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Creative lateast is on par with Apple's ipod only the ipod has a lot more 3rd party stuff. The Ipod is an industry to itself.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:20   #10
BHPian

For the best sound quality, you can check out the products from iriver or iaudio. The iriver I have came with sennheiser earphones as standard. The sound quality is really good and can go REALLY loud (iriver has servicing in India through salora.. am not sure of Iaudio..)!! But iriver has an issue with navigation and is not as easy to use as the ipod. Ultimately its a tradeoff. Iaudio A2/D2 are my personal favourites !!
Old 21st May 2007, 12:35   #11
BHPian

If you are looking alternatives to ipod, look for sony ones.

Great battery life+very good sound, but cost is an issue, i have seen20gb sony for around 180euros few months back, it may be cheaper now.

or else ipod 30gb or 80gb, i have 60gb ipod, battery life i would say as ok, not bad, but my sony cd walkman still play nearly 20+hrs continuously.....

ipos is ok though.
Old 27th May 2007, 23:26   #12
BHPian

30Gb video iPod, look no further. VFM and classic styling that is an all time favourite. Easy to use and great playback quality. The other try but the iPod is the only one that matters. As for battery life, I get close to 14 hours on a proper charge. good enough for me.
Old 28th May 2007, 01:06   #13
BHPian

Guys my issue is cleared. Am getting the Apple iPod.Thanks for the help.

@mods ::: The thread can be closed.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:45   #14
BHPian

On another note, I find prices in India of Ipods are very competitive to the prices in North America. I'm talking of prices I have seen on Indiaplaza.in (formerly Fabmall.com): Largest Online Shopping mall in India, Buy & Send Gifts to India and jjmehta .com , India 's Premier Photography Website - Digital Camera , Digital SLR Camera , Video Camera , Apple iPod , mobiblu* Online

Last edited by filcord : 16th June 2007 at 15:45. Reason: spell

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks