Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 17:15   #226

CX 300ii does not come with a mic and serves good for music, I think cx400ii comes with a mic
Old 14th August 2019, 20:59   #227
BHPian

Re: Which earphones?

I'm looking for an earphone below ₹2000. I am confused between the RHA MA390 and one more single driver. Please help me out. Also, is there any better choices under 2k? My emphasis is on a balanced sound and I'm not a base guy . I was previously using the CX180 until it went kaput few days back.
Old 15th August 2019, 05:56   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Fury View Post
I'm looking for an earphone below ₹2000. I am confused between the RHA MA390 and one more single driver. Please help me out. Also, is there any better choices under 2k? My emphasis is on a balanced sound and I'm not a base guy . I was previously using the CX180 until it went kaput few days back.
Get RHAs. For two good reasons:
3 years warranty and good build quality.
Sound at this price range will be more or less similar across different brands.
Old 15th August 2019, 07:51   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Get RHAs.
+1 to this.

Got the RHA 390u 8 months back, after auditioning a friend's pair.

Pros :
1. Great noise isolation
2. Good sound stage at this price point.
3. 3 year warranty
4. Robust build quality with the braided cabling and aluminium earphones, making it very pocket friendly.

Cons :
1. The cable is on the longer side, with a lot of it dangling. Sometimes it makes you crave the wireless ones.
Old 16th August 2019, 00:16   #230
BHPian

Quote:
There is a 1More piston Classic headphone available in headphonezone. It's actually based on the Mi Piston 2 headphone. Having used the extremely balanced Hifiman Re400, I can safely say that this has a really good soundstage and VFM. You can find several reviews in various audio forums. Importantly, it has a braided cable for rough usage. The only gripe i felt is that, the sharp corners might hurt the ears after an hour of usage. Apart from that, it's really good. I haven't used the RHA, but heard several good stuff about their headphones. Do let us know once you complete your purchase

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 16th August 2019 at 00:20.
Old 5th November 2019, 20:46   #231
BHPian

Quote:
So i ended up buying the RHA MA390. I've been using it for a while now and I like it!

The noise insulation is not great but i guess can be improved with new earbuds. but it's not something that worries me so much as i usually hear my music in a quiet place.

the sound stage is balanced but a bit warm.The clarity is good the braided cables are good. it is made of lightweight aluminum and is pretty light. i find it very comfortable. the 3 years warranty is awesome..

overall i find it to be a very good product and excellent VFM.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th May 2020 at 00:23. Reason: spacing
Old 29th May 2020, 00:11   #232
BHPian

Noob alert!

Hi guys I need to know if anyone here can explain the different sound types in earphones?

My dilemma, I have been using Sennheiser Mx 170 since the past 7-8 years. It's an over the ear earphone. I am very comfortable with the sound. But since it's dated and I left my last one at office before lockdown, I was looking for a new one.

Now the said model is available on Amazon, but I wanted to try something new as the mx 170 still lacks a mic.

I am very particular about the sound quality (or type) and have tried and rejected JBL, another in ear model of Sennheiser and of recent Boat. These earphones though clear have a sort of sss sound in each note ( I don't know how to explain it, low treble? I don't know ) I can't stand this sound.

I just wanted to ask if anyone could explain how to differentiate/understand these different sound choices and choose the right earphones.

I have already gifted 5 earphones to my wife over this. I had sony earphones earlier which came with my MP3 player, the iPod earphones sounded good too.

Could someone refer some good wired earphones or explain how I can understand that once again if I buy one it won't have this sss hit?

I'll appreciate any help here.
Old 12th March 2021, 10:06   #233
Team-BHP Support

Please suggest good over the ear headphone. It would be for my daughter. Something for 5 to 7K.
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:57   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please suggest good over the ear headphone. It would be for my daughter. Something for 5 to 7K.
If you can stretch till 10k then ATH M50x is probably the best in that range.
Old 15th June 2021, 10:41   #235
BHPian

Looking forward to buy earphones for multipurpose usage. I have tried various earphones over the time but when using for long durations, I get this pain inside of my ears. I thought it would be due to the high usage of earphones but the ENT doctor says the issue is more related to my gums.

Still I still don’t want to use earphones that goes into my ears but rather holds on to them. Purpose would be both for calls as well as for listening music. The upper range for spending is 10000/-. If I could get something wireless with good quality then would prefer that.

Design should be something like the enclosed one so that it strains the ears less ( can position it accordingly & doesn’t fall off while riding) and also less conspicuous.

Experts please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Which earphones?-png-image.png  

Old 28th June 2021, 11:33   #236
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Similar query, this is for my daughter as well
Looking for earpods (it's a rage with children now), budget ideally within 5k.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:54   #237
BHPian

In my search for good earphones, I came across this site called Headphonezone.in. They provide the best and cost effective products for audiophiles. Keeping budget in mind I sort of zeroed down on this - KZ - DQ6 + Shanling - UA1 for an amount of 5.5K. Wanted some inputs if this is worth it and also if this can be used on laptops to take zoom/MS Teams calls also? Any pointers will be much appreciated.

https://www.headphonezone.in/collect...6-shanling-ua1
Old 28th June 2021, 12:45   #238

Quote:
I would suggest Audio Technica M-40x. They have the balanced consumer grade sound which everyone likes. I have the M50x, and they are just too accurate to enjoy any music. M50x are more of a reference headphones. The good thing about Audio technica headphones is that, they just simply last. Mostly you will have to change earpads (after 2 or 3 years) and maybe headband (after 5 or 6 years) depending on the usage. Replacement parts are also easily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Similar query, this is for my daughter as well
Looking for earpods (it's a rage with children now), budget ideally within 5k.
If VFM is your top criteria, get true wireless from Realme. Just buy these from mainstream brands and price should be above 2500. Do not buy anything below 2500. If sound quality is a priority, true wireless earbuds from Oppo are very good. Normally Oppo ones do support Hi-res feature and their sound signature is more geared towards enjoying music. Earbuds from Oneplus or Realme lean more towards being bass heavy.
Further, the best ones can be from Samsung, Galaxy buds plus. They cost 6k, but on samsung website, they can be had for 5k. They have very good sound quality and support wireless charging. Call quality for Samsung will be best too.
Please keep in mind that while these true wireless earbuds provide massive convenience, but they last at the most 2 years. These are disposable electronics and can not be repaired.
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:22   #239
BHPian

Any idea about launch date of Sony WF-1000XM4 in India?

Which earphones?-5493b18083b44a8f847a75ff24b06c44.jpeg
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:49   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
In my search for good earphones, I came across this site called Headphonezone.in. They provide the best and cost effective products for audiophiles. Keeping budget in mind I sort of zeroed down on this - KZ - DQ6 + Shanling - UA1 for an amount of 5.5K. Wanted some inputs if this is worth it and also if this can be used on laptops to take zoom/MS Teams calls also? Any pointers will be much appreciated.

https://www.headphonezone.in/collect...6-shanling-ua1
Received the DQ6 in 2 days, Its a real comfort fit in the ear and they have also talked about a burn-in period for 6 to 8 hours. Planning to do it tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Which earphones?-dq6.jpg  

Most Viewed